News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

New life

Started by Kiahanie, May 09, 2022, 04:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

Thanks to our son and daughterinlaw we have made it to grandparenthood. As of 0339 this morning.

Dil missed Mothers' Day by a few hours but that is ok.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

none

Oh so convenient.....
how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.

meAgain

Awwwh!  That's wonderful Kiahanie.  Congratulations!!!!

none

Kiahanie

Actual labor was ~2 hours. Then a C-section. 7lb 9oz. 10 fingers 10 toes. Perfect little human being.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

none

8 fingers: : special k

Kiahanie

Yup. You count better.

none

kevin

why a c section after only two hours?
dare to know.

Meat

"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa

Kiahanie

Quote from: kevin on May 10, 2022, 10:27:32 AMwhy a c section after only two hours?

Strong intense contractions and only 1cm dilation. They were worried about fetal distress.

Kiahanie

Quote from: `. on May 10, 2022, 04:21:53 AM8 toes
Yes, there were 8 little toes and two darling most cutest big toes.

kevin

Quote from: Kiahanie on May 10, 2022, 03:48:13 PM
Quote from: kevin on May 10, 2022, 10:27:32 AMwhy a c section after only two hours?

Strong intense contractions and only 1cm dilation. They were worried about fetal distress.

dilation is an potential problem. was it her first child?

did tbey fetect any actual distress on tbe foetal heart monitor?
dare to know.

meAgain

I have no idea of your daughter in laws situation but some interesting information regarding cesareans:

The national cesarean rate has increased seven-fold since 1965 when first measured. 

Why is the U.S. Cesarean Section Rate So High?

Low priority of enhancing women's own abilities to give birth.

Side effects of common labor interventions.

Refusal to offer the informed choice of vaginal birth.

Casual attitudes about surgery and variation in professional practice style.

Limited awareness of harms that are more likely with cesarean section.

Incentives to practice in a manner that is efficient for providers.

Professional expectations for work-life balance. Compared with the past, health care providers have greater expectations for work-life balance. In maternity care, this manifests as reduced willingness to attend births at night and on weekends and holidays and scheduling more births on weekdays.

https://www.nationalpartnership.org/our-work/resources/health-care/maternity/why-is-the-c-section-rate-so-high.pdf

IMO, this trend demonstrates how far we still need to go to be more pro women.  We really ought to look into improving actual reproductive health care for women by stop selling us short, making us afraid, and not providing us with all the information to make better decisions regarding our bodies and how they work.  But as this report shows women aren't given the priority, care, or concern they deserve.  

Women are made to think they have our best interest in mind.  We've been told it's our body, our right, but in actuality we aren't truly given the freedom to make informed choices for ourselves.  Our legs are literally strapped in stirrups and we are told to relax, be good patients, and work with them.  With freedom like that . . . 

Kiahanie

Quote from: kevin on May 10, 2022, 04:20:30 PM

Yes and yes. Dil's mother also had dilation issues and delivered Caesarian. After many hours.

Kiahanie

National Partnership for Women does good work. I worked with an organization that co-sponsored some events.

Thanks for the tip. Our son, Dil, and grandest daughter were all C-section deliveries. I have read about the reasons some people prefer C-sections, but they do not apply to these 3 cases.

8livesleft

Quote from: Kiahanie on May 10, 2022, 04:09:08 AMActual labor was ~2 hours. Then a C-section. 7lb 9oz. 10 fingers 10 toes. Perfect little human being.
Congrats! My wife had a c section too. Only she was in labor for a bit longer. 

kevin

Quote from: Kiahanie on May 10, 2022, 08:56:44 PM
Quote from: kevin on May 10, 2022, 04:20:30 PM

Yes and yes. Dil's mother also had dilation issues and delivered Caesarian. After many hours.

my wifes grandmotber was in labor with her dad for 24 hours, no progress. when he was about to die they did a c section so brutally fast that her father carroes a scar on his leg from tbe scalpel to this day.
dare to know.

none

He didn't say a word.

Kiahanie

My wife was in labor most of 30 hours before they got out the knives.

Everything is great with mother and child and father. They are beginning to sleep synchronously.

Novice

Congratulations Kiahanie.

kevin

lol

yes congratulations
dare to know.

Shnozzola

Congratulations grandpa Kiahanie ||tip hat||
Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important