News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

My friend has ascites

Started by GratefulApe, April 25, 2022, 11:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GratefulApe

So my best friend who broke her humerus about 2 months ago is now in the hospital so she can have fluid drained off of her abdomen. She has so many things wrong with her. I guess I just never realized it. She's a diabetic she gives herself a shot once a week but she never eats right. She drinks pop like it's going out of style. It's always full sugar soda pop. She never watches what she eats. Often in the past when we used to go places together I would bring a snack for both of us just so she wouldn't want to go out to eat.

She also has a bad liver. I'm not sure what is wrong with it other than its damaged because of her diabetes.  Also 3 or 4 years ago she had a heart attack and ended up with two stents in her heart.

I hope she can get her health back. She's been in the hospital since Saturday. I've texted a few times but never heard from her yesterday. This sure has made me take a look at my own health and how luck I am so far in life that I have no issues.

I keep looking up what it means to have ascites. Not sure if it's permanent. I sure hope not but I do think it's going to take her a long time to get better.   

GratefulApe

I heard from her today. Her diagnosis is cirrhosis. They said she would be there most of the week. They are talking transplant. I sure hope it isn't that bad. She sounded stronger on the phone than she has in a while