News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

America's National Parks

Started by Shnozzola, April 22, 2022, 09:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shnozzola

Introducing Yosemite National Park:
            "Yosemite National Park [California - 747,956 acres] offers an abundance of activities and sightseeing destinations. The Valley is a 7 mile wide canyon with incredible rock formations, including El Capitan, the world's tallest granite monolith and one of the world's top rock climbing destinations. Yosemite Falls is the largest waterfall in North America with breathtaking views. Peak visitation at the falls is in the spring as it is comprised entirely of melting snow. The park is also known for its Giant Sequoia trees, which are estimated to be over 3,000 years old."

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Shnozzola

Introducing Yellowstone National Park:

"On March 1, 1872, Yellowstone became the first national park for all to enjoy the unique hydrothermal and geologic features. Within Yellowstone's 2.2 million acres, visitors have unparalleled opportunities to observe wildlife in an intact ecosystem, explore geothermal areas that contain about half the world's active geysers, and view geologic wonders like the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River."

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Shnozzola

Introducing Glacier National Park:

A showcase of melting glaciers, alpine meadows, carved valleys, and spectacular lakes. With over 700 miles of trails, Glacier is a paradise for adventurous visitors seeking wilderness steeped in human history. Relive the days of old through historic chalets, lodges, and the famous Going-to-the-Sun Road."

Shnozzola

Introducing Grand Canyon National Park:

"Located in Arizona, Grand Canyon National Park encompasses 277 miles (446 km) of the Colorado River and adjacent uplands. The immense Grand Canyon is a mile (1.6 km) deep, and up to 18 miles (29 km) wide. Layered bands of colorful rock reveal millions of years of geologic history with unmatched vistas from the rim."

Shnozzola

Introducing Zion National Park:

"With over 229 square-miles, more than 35 hiking trails, cliffs towering more than 2,000 feet above the canyon floor, and more species of plants than the Hawaiian Islands, Zion National Park is a pretty incredible place. It's an environment of magic and natural fascination that will challenge what you thought of nature's capabilities."

Shnozzola

Introducing Denali National Park:

Denali National Park and Preserve, formerly known as Mount McKinley National Park, is an American national park and preserve located in Interior Alaska, centered on Denali, the highest mountain in North America. The park and contiguous preserve encompass 6,045,153 acres (9,446 sq mi; 24,464 km2) which is larger than the state of New Hampshire.
The longest glacier is the Kahiltna Glacier. Wintertime activities include dog sleddingcross-country skiing, and snowmobiling

Shnozzola

Introducing Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (still on the bucket list - in fact, any volcano needs to be high on the bucket list right now)

"Hawaii Volcanoes National Park protects some of the most unique geological, biological, and cherished cultural landscapes in the world.  Extending from sea level to 13,681 feet, the park encompasses the summits of two of the world's most active volcanoes - and is a designated International Biosphere Reserve and UNESCO World Heritage Site".  ( Sorry, the smf word nanny doesn't like the volcanoes names for some reason ||Kerly||

none

how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.

Shnozzola

This is how we did it - true, even yellow, from PA - (except Hawaii obviously, but my uncle worked on a pineapple ship to get there 🙂), although my dad said the wind was bad crossing the Mississippi.

Screenshot-20220422-203709-Chrome" border="0

Kiahanie

"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

none

Aluminum to his house the iron how CLEVER

Shnozzola

Introducing Great Smokey Mountain National Park:

"Ridge upon ridge of forest straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. World renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life, the beauty of its ancient mountains, and the quality of its remnants of Southern Appalachian mountain culture, this is America's most visited national park."

none

Shnozzola

None,  do you think the US should have national parks?  I have friends that think our national parks are a total waste of tax payer money and should be sold off to businesses and individual landowners.  What is your view?

none

Emma286

Quote from: Shnozzola on April 25, 2022, 12:02:16 AMNone,  do you think the US should have national parks?  I have friends that think our national parks are a total waste of tax payer money and should be sold off to businesses and individual landowners.  What is your view?
Quote from: Shnozzola on April 25, 2022, 12:02:16 AMNone,  do you think the US should have national parks?  I have friends that think our national parks are a total waste of tax payer money and should be sold off to businesses and individual landowners.  What is your view?
Why do your friends think this out of interest? 
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Shnozzola

They despise much if the federal government as overreach, including the idea of national parks.  They would say the grand canyon is nice for Arizona, but no one in Alabama should have to pay a cent for it.  They feel most everything should be based on states, as mini countries.  They like only the idea of a national military.  That's why they object to a national abortion law or a national idea of segregation or any idea of national health care.  Not sure how they would feel if citizens from other states would want their healthcare from, say, Massachusetts with socialized health care.  Probably another Supreme Court constitution battle.  (interstate commerce, I think they call it)