News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

My greatest testimony~long, sorry!

Started by Sunnysweets, September 26, 2008, 03:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunnysweets

I have many, many testimonies that I could share.  Some things are small and only I would see them and other are huge life-altering experiences that would change my life forever. The one I am reminded of daily is my daughter.  And yes many consider their children "miracles" but this is a little different.

I'll go back 6 years, my husband and I were married then only two months.  I was tired all the time and thought maybe I had mono or something, went to the Dr and they do a prego blood test just to be sure (although I didn't think I was pregnant.) But much to our surprise we were.  We weren't planning on having kids quite so soon, but okay, we'll adjust.  

Now a couple of weeks before this I'd started to hear things just before I fell asleep.  This was something that had happened to me once or twice, when I had witnessed angels in my room (and no it wasn't Casper!)  But then I thought maybe it was the kid in the apartment above us with his TV on or something, but the days went by and I noticed it getting stronger but it was uni tellegible and once I found out I was pregnant, I knew it was angels. Until one day, about a week after I found out the news I was pregnant, the "noise" stopped and I felt uneasy by it, but fell asleep anyways ~ the next morning was a Saturday, I began to bleed.

The weekend was a mixture of uneventful E.R. trips, tears, rest and a constant state of prayer.  Even though the ER Dr told me not to worry yet, I had that feeling that I was miscarrying.  I just kept praying and reading my bible.  Not that I didn't pray or read it before that, but I just needed to separate my thoughts from what was happening.  When I think about it I began to feel guilty about how nervous I was when I found out I was pregnant, I wept for this child whom would never feel my touch.  I prayed feverishly for the child, although I knew he/she would be safe.  While I was praying, I felt God tell me to trust him as he always does...but I also heard another voice, I remember I was praying for this child to know he/she was loved , and I heard a little voice say "don't give up on me yet mommy."  Now, I'm not a "headcase" typically and I will admit that I was blown out of the quiet of prayer.  I even recall saying to myself that "I must be loosing it."

Monday morning, I passed the "grape-size" fleshy ball that was clearly my baby.  It was confirmed at the ER and I was told to rest and not to try to conceive again for a few months.  After returning home, it was almost surreal, like I felt like I should be crying but I wasn't...well maybe a tear here or there.  I felt sad but not the emptiness I thought I should feel.  I kept going back to that little voice, I couldn't get it out of my head (and I can still replay it in my head to this day.)  

I finally told my husband a few days later, about the voice and I declared to him "We will have our baby, we will have our little girl."  (I had a strong conviction it was a girl) He gave me a "look" and said okay....yes he probably thought I was crazy.  But I later found out he said the same thing to his boss a couple of days later...his boss more than likely thought he was nuts, but my husband was speaking faith without realizing it.  

The next course of events is where things get a bit more interesting.  My father came to visit me, he by the way has had many huge miracles happen in his life and he's not afraid to pray boldly.  He knew what I wanted him to agree with me in prayer, for that child, the one I just lost to be restored.  Not a reincarnation situation, she'd never breathed.  So we did just that and the presence of the Holy Spirit was so strong.  I found out a few days later that my stepfather, who has a faithful prayer life where he actually is in the presence of God (you should hear him when he prays...) anyways he had received revelation about the baby.  Apparently it was an all-out spiritual attack and the baby was physically "damaged" and whatever the problem was would have also cause me serious complications.  God gave the baby a choice, be born or go back to Him and spare me.  Now this is profound for me, the baby had conveyed to God that she knew how much she was loved and didn't want me to have such complications and thus willingly returned to Christ.  

Blown away, I was on a mission to not let my faith be reckoned with, I was going to have that child!  May 31st 2003, I found out I was pregnant!  The pregnancy was tough but no real complications.  Alyssa was born January 27Th 04, perfect as could be.  I wondered if this was the child, she was a girl but how would I know for sure?  Ten months later I found out I was two months pregnant with Caleb, he was born July 11, 2005.  I second-guessed myself for a while and thought maybe it could be him since my due date with my first pregnancy was the same as his due date, but I was so sure it was a girl.

Alyssa was/is a very smart little cookie and began to speak at an early age.  She'd often point to the sky and say "fly" ~ which freaked me out a bit.  Then it got progressive as she grew, "Lyssa fly in the sky" "mommy in the sky" ~ now I was really freaked, not even thinking about what I'd prayed for (must have been my sleep-deprived brain)  Anyways, her persistence with the sky was litterally bugging me...

When she hit about 2, she was fairly verbally dexterous, and one spring day she just kept going on and on about the sky.  I took my babes out for a ride and ended up pulling into a Applebees parking lot, and of course she was yapping about "the sky."  Totally frustrated and nearly in tears, I turned to my little blue-eyed, blondie and said "Lyssa what are you trying to tell me?"  She then said to me, "Lyssa with mommy and daddy, then family in the sky, then mommy and daddy again."  I sat for a minute and processed this.  Then saying to her, "So you're telling mommy you were with mommy and daddy and then with your family in the sky and then you were with mommy and daddy again?"  And a huge smile came over her and she yelled "YES!"  I couldn't help but thinking ~ Duh, idiot, she'd been trying to tell me this for as long as she could talk and I was missing it!!!  Then she said the cutest thing, "And I made mommy happy?" And I told her yes, you made mommy very happy.

We went into the restaurant and had lunch, and I didn't mention it to her again.  I wanted to see if she'd want to discuss it but I didn't want to put "false memories" in her head either.  

My father came over a couple weeks after that and we asked her about her family in the sky and she said she didn't know.  She also never had a fascination with the sky again and never again mentioned flying.  She does love the moon, but I think that is just a 4 year old thing, lol!

So yeah, my daughter's life was restored, I'm sure some won't believe it. I assure anyone out there that thinks I am crazy, I am really not! I do believe that God removed the protection of this child in my womb because he knew I'd be willing to believe that she would be restored.  But he needed me to act on it, he needed me to trust him and exercise the faith I'd been saving up over the years. And trust me, because of this, I don't doubt anything God can do!
"There might be more than you believe, there might be more than you can see" ~ 3 Doors Down

seka

+1 for sharing your story.

I may not agree with you on why it happened, but, I have no reason to not believe the facts of the story. Children are amazing, and there are certainly many things in this world that I have no explanation for. I hope you do not mind (I always get accused of trying to take over other people's threads), but I would like to share a story about my cousin.

When my uncle's family first moved to the US, his younger daughter was three. Her family were refugees for the whole time she was alive, and lived in hard and dangerous conditions. Knowing about the girl, my mom constantly thought about her, and worried about her safety. She thought about the rest of them as well, but most of her thoughts were concentrated on this little girl, who was the youngest in that family. Due to their living circumstances, the girl had never even seen a picture of my mom, but still, when my mom picked them up at the airport Ines walked over to her, gave her a hug, and said "I know you, you are the lady who was always with me and keeping me safe when I was a baby."

There is no way that she could have known my mom, or even that it was my mom thinking of her - she only knew that this was an aunt from far away, from her parents. Still, she recognized her as soon as she saw her. These are amazing things, and it would be foolish to deny them just because I have no explanation for them.

I am glad you have your baby girl  :)

Assyriankey

Hi Sunnysweets, thanks for a very interesting testimonial - there's nothing quite like life to make us think of miracles.

I felt a bit weepy reading some parts of your post.  Is there any chance at all you can get Alyssa interested in aviation again?

:)
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Sunnysweets

Quote from: Assyriankey on September 26, 2008, 02:19:35 PM
Hi Sunnysweets, thanks for a very interesting testimonial - there's nothing quite like life to make us think of miracles.

I felt a bit weepy reading some parts of your post.  Is there any chance at all you can get Alyssa interested in aviation again?

:)

Lol, well, she has been interested in being an astronaut...but only after she's a ballet teacher and a movie star...lol, oh to be 4!
"There might be more than you believe, there might be more than you can see" ~ 3 Doors Down

Sunnysweets

Quote from: seka on September 26, 2008, 01:42:41 PM
+1 for sharing your story.

I may not agree with you on why it happened, but, I have no reason to not believe the facts of the story. Children are amazing, and there are certainly many things in this world that I have no explanation for. I hope you do not mind (I always get accused of trying to take over other people's threads), but I would like to share a story about my cousin.

When my uncle's family first moved to the US, his younger daughter was three. Her family were refugees for the whole time she was alive, and lived in hard and dangerous conditions. Knowing about the girl, my mom constantly thought about her, and worried about her safety. She thought about the rest of them as well, but most of her thoughts were concentrated on this little girl, who was the youngest in that family. Due to their living circumstances, the girl had never even seen a picture of my mom, but still, when my mom picked them up at the airport Ines walked over to her, gave her a hug, and said "I know you, you are the lady who was always with me and keeping me safe when I was a baby."

There is no way that she could have known my mom, or even that it was my mom thinking of her - she only knew that this was an aunt from far away, from her parents. Still, she recognized her as soon as she saw her. These are amazing things, and it would be foolish to deny them just because I have no explanation for them.

I am glad you have your baby girl  :)

That too is pretty amazing, love is an amazing thing :) Thanks for sharing your story with us!