News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Forum Upgrade

Started by Admin Moo, March 27, 2022, 04:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shnozzola

+1.    Interesting easter-like yellow background.  Also, how do we post images.  Preupgrade was [ img width=600 height=720]https ://i.ibb.co/dKtQMWn/Screenshot-20220410-201252-Chrome. jpg[/img]  after you clicked on upload image from your device.  Now the image tab isn't there.  If I click on image icon above and paste, nothing happens.
Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Mooby the Golden Sock

You need to upload it to an external site like imgur and then paste it with the tags.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

8livesleft

Site looks great! Nice and fresh

Mooby the Golden Sock

I uploaded some alternate themes in case anyone wants to try out a new look.  Profile --> Look and Layout Preferences

none

Personal messages feature??
how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.

GratefulApe

The forum looks and feels so much cleaner. I really like the alerts feature. Thanks to all who updated the forum

Kiahanie

That would be Mooby  ||thumbs||  ||clap|| ||clap|| ||clap|| ||banana||
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

none

We need more skulls...
These yellow icon things that the kids use are OUTDATED``

none

How about a refresh link at the bottom of the main page?

GratefulApe

The forum works really nice. It's starting to become easier to follow conversations because everything works. All of the little windows and icons aren't broken like they were before. The quote function works. I just noticed the YouTube insert icon button. I haven't tried it yet.

kevin

hey when i quote a post it no longer appeaers with a link to the original. i use those links to trace a conversation back.

can that feature be restored?
dare to know.

kevin

Quote from: kevin on April 26, 2022, 02:43:09 PMhey when i quote a post it no longer appeaers with a link to the original. i use those links to trace a conversation back.

can that feature be restored?

hmm

and yet now it does.

nvm
dare to know.

none

Mooby the Golden Sock

none

Lack of keyboard characters

Kiahanie

Good to see drafts enabled.

Also good to see the name of the last poster instead of the originator.

Debating with myself whether to do wysiwyg.

Things just keep getting better.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: Kiahanie on April 29, 2022, 08:00:18 PMDebating with myself whether to do wysiwyg.
You can toggle that mid-post. It's the second to last icon in the menu. The setting is just which one is loaded by default when you start a post.

I personally like bbc better for some types of formatting and wysiwyg better for others.

GratefulApe

Quote from: Kiahanie on April 29, 2022, 08:00:18 PMGood to see drafts enabled.

Also good to see the name of the last poster instead of the originator.

Debating with myself whether to do wysiwyg.

Things just keep getting better.

Even the little things. I like how the edit doesn't show on the post it shows up at the top across from your name. Best way I can describe it. I always thought that the edit in the post looked trashy.

GratefulApe

Finally was able to change my time zone and have it stick. I hope it stays right

GratefulApe

Well it might have been the operator. So there's that. Gosh I'm old

GratefulApe

When I'm logged in my timezone is correct. When I'm not logged into the forum and just look at the main page it's not correct. Not that big of a deal to me but I think I found the problem

Kiahanie

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on May 01, 2022, 04:05:31 AM
Quote from: Kiahanie on April 29, 2022, 08:00:18 PMDebating with myself whether to do wysiwyg.
You can toggle that mid-post. It's the second to last icon in the menu. The setting is just which one is loaded by default when you start a post.

I personally like bbc better for some types of formatting and wysiwyg better for others.
OK. Just like that. Cool.

Jstwebbrowsing

I am using Edge on Xbox.  Whenever I am making a reply, if I open another tab then go back to the forum tab, anything I have written is gone.  Just sayin'.
But the greatest one among you must be your minister.  Whoever exalts himself will be humbled,
and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Mt 23:11,12

Kiahanie

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on May 23, 2022, 06:30:16 AMI am using Edge on Xbox.  Whenever I am making a reply, if I open another tab then go back to the forum tab, anything I have written is gone.  Just sayin'.
||think||  I am having trouble with my clipboard when moving between editor and text.
 ||think||  ||think||  ||think||  ||iiam|| I

I will see what I can find out. I thought it was my Firepad vs the editor. Maybe there is a known anomaly.

Jstwebbrowsing

Having any success?  This really inhibits my ability to copy/paste from other pages.
But the greatest one among you must be your minister.  Whoever exalts himself will be humbled,
and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Mt 23:11,12