News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Novel TV Shows

Started by 8livesleft, February 04, 2022, 10:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8livesleft

Witcher
Jack Reacher
Wheel of Time
Foundation
Game of Thrones
The Alienist
Discovery of Witches
Man in the Hightower

Etc...

Have you guys seen any? Which ones did you like?

Kiahanie

Game of Thrones. Nice dragons. Still waiting for the last book.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

i watched that after i came out. i thouht the dragons were disappointing, becayse in all volant animals except insects, the wings are structured from the forelimbs. bats, birds, etc.

but these dragons had hind limbs, forelimbs, and then structurally weird middle limbs which were the wings. that and the excessive growth rate require a suspension of disbeleief that i had trouble with.

it could have been done this way, so two bit critics like me would be satisfied

dare to know.

Kiahanie

Quote from: kevin on February 04, 2022, 06:35:33 PM
i watched that after i came out. i thouht the dragons were disappointing, becayse in all volant animals except insects, the wings are structured from the forelimbs. bats, birds, etc.

but these dragons had hind limbs, forelimbs, and then structurally weird middle limbs which were the wings. that and the excessive growth rate require a suspension of disbeleief that i had trouble with.

••••

My understanding is that dragons descended from pterosaurs, which had powerful hind legs.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

8livesleft

Quote from: Kiahanie on February 04, 2022, 06:16:31 PM
Game of Thrones. Nice dragons. Still waiting for the last book.

Seems to me like Martin came a little late to the whole walking dead thing and kinda stalled a bit.

Only watched bits of the show plus the ending. Seemed rushed and abrupt.

8livesleft

Anything's possible with magic hehe

8livesleft

The new Jack Reacher series features a big hulking dude. Apparently closer to the books but I don't know. I actually thought a little guy with lots of skills was more impressive.

kevin

Quote from: Kiahanie on February 04, 2022, 09:15:53 PM

••••

My understanding is that dragons descended from pterosaurs, which had powerful hind legs.

but only four.

not six legs.

pterosaurs were typical tetrapods, like bats and birds
dare to know.

kevin

dare to know.

kevin

or do i have it wrong?

yes. im wrong. the wings are depicted as the forelimbs. what i remember now id that the wi gs are not connected to the the lateral lines of the body, as in bats kr flying squirrels.  they have no webbing to the body whicb is present in tetrapod wings, but instead narriw where the membranes attach to tbe thorax . not parallel to existing flying tetrapods, but not for tbe reasons i cited earlier.

my mistake
Quote from: kevin on February 04, 2022, 11:18:50 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on February 04, 2022, 09:15:53 PM

••••

but only four.

not six legs.

pterosaurs were typical tetrapods, like bats and birds
dare to know.

Kiahanie

I had to go look, but the GOT dragons I found were tetrapods.

kevin

yes

i eas absolutely wrong
dare to know.

Kiahanie

kevin

so did the monster in alien

what over 40 years ago?
dare to know.

none

Quote from: 8livesleft on February 04, 2022, 10:02:56 AMWitcher
Jack Reacher
Wheel of Time
Foundation
Game of Thrones
The Alienist
Discovery of Witches
Man in the Hightower

Etc...

down under television sucks
how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.

8livesleft

Quote from: `. on May 10, 2022, 07:17:13 AM
Quote from: 8livesleft on February 04, 2022, 10:02:56 AMWitcher
Jack Reacher
Wheel of Time
Foundation
Game of Thrones
The Alienist
Discovery of Witches
Man in the Hightower

Etc...

down under television sucks
Well stopped watching Foundation after episode 2 cause they went so far off the books that it was sickening. 

Ruined a perfectly good classic. 

none

how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.