News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Wrestling Topic

Started by Meat, November 28, 2021, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8livesleft

Quote from: Kiahanie on December 12, 2021, 06:44:31 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on December 12, 2021, 06:42:29 PM
Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on December 12, 2021, 05:55:15 PM
Quote from: meAgain on December 12, 2021, 12:36:33 AM••••
••••
I think we're both in agreement that we find Caitlyn Jenner distasteful. 
••••

Caitlin Jenner was distasteful when she was Bruce. Gold-digging celebrity-seeking wannabe, always looking for elite approval and embracing any hypocrisy to get it.

I am wishing her better luck in her reincarnation.

Which is odd since he was a world famous elite athlete with an excellent career in sports news and writing.

Apparently tho, he has always seen himself as like a girl in a boy's body but was just hiding it. I have a friend in a similar situation. He's taking hormone therapy now and already identifies as a "she." I'm not sure if she had already made the full transition...

Kiahanie

^^^^ No, that was Bruce before he became a celebrity. Being celebrated seems to have encouraged his narcissism. Or maybe it was the Kardashians.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

8livesleft

Quote from: Kiahanie on December 12, 2021, 11:50:47 PM
^^^^ No, that was Bruce before he became a celebrity. Being celebrated seems to have encouraged his narcissism. Or maybe it was the Kardashians.

Kardashians are fair game. Yes. It's ALWAYS them. Ruined a perfectly good man there hehehe

meAgain

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on December 12, 2021, 05:55:15 PM
Yes, it would be, but I see that more on your side of the issue than mine.  Like I've already said many, many times, being male or female is NOT reduced to genitalia. Unfortunately, many who support trans ideology think just that.  They want to suggest because you present yourself as a certain sex to me, that makes you said sex.

Um, no.  I recognize that people can have multiple things that overlap to make up their sex and gender.  Sure, you acknowledge that there are more things than just genitals, but at the end of the day, you're essentially saying, "If you check off all these criteria on the list, you must be male/female and if your brain doesn't match, well, it's not on my list so your brain is wrong." 

Moody, you wouldn't say that about anything else, so why this?  You wouldn't say if a person's brain tells them they are a cat, then we should take it into consideration that they are a cat.  You wouldn't say if a person's brain tells them they identify as a paraplegic, we should sever their spinal cord to match what their brain tells them.

Quotegender is the actual innate feeling of maleness or femaleness, which is in itself determined by brain chemistry.  When we "scan the internal organs" of people who identify as male, we find that the largest and most active of those organs, the brain, is the same for all those individuals, whether their hormone levels or blood tests agree with each other.  That is, if Caitlyn Jenner, you, and I all went down and got brain MRIs, we would find that Caitlyn's brain functions much more like your female brain than my male brain.

Correct, but this article shows that is not because Bruce was born that way or supposed to be female.  Like you said you are talking about gender, not sex, which can be based on feelings and it isn't necessarily that one's brain chemistry determines gender, rather one's behaved gender can influence brain chemistry.     

neuroplasticity, the brain's ability to "reorganise itself" means that over time our brains change in response to environment, activities we engage in, illness, injury and disease.

Professor of neurobiology at the University of Chicago, David Freedman, says: "Because the experience of being a male is fundamentally different to the experience of being a female, it throws a spanner in the works when you try to make correlations between brain difference and behaviour."

It is highly likely that differences in life experiences equate to differences in the brain, i.e. brain plasticity. A study of London taxi drivers, found that the hippocampus – a structure responsible for long-term memory and spatial navigation – grew after the drivers gained experience navigating the city streets. You could scan the brains of cab drivers and see that they had larger hippocampi than the average person, but only scanning their brains over time would tell you whether their occupation led to that size difference or the size difference led to their choice of occupation.

https://www.womenarehuman.com/debunking-the-myth-of-gendered-brains/

QuoteI find it odd for a Catholic not to grasp this intuitively, since if someone were to levy an argument against the soul by focusing only on the body, we would all reflexively shriek and point out the error.  But as soon as someone tries to invalidate our innate gender by focusing on some external marker from the body, suddenly we're blind to the distinction.

I think you need to brush up on your Catholic theology.  You seem to want to do what the Gnostics did and place emphasis on the soul over the body.  However, we are not souls trapped in a body.  We are body and soul.  The most important part of us is not our soul.  Our bodies matter.  They reveal who we are.  Have you ever read JPII's Theology of the Body.  It's mind blowing.  And if you want to talk about "getting it", or being "woke", or having deep insight, the current Gender Ideology's got nothing on the Theology of the Body.   

Theology of the Body addresses the integral and total vision of what it means to be a human person.

In Theology of the Body, John Paul II emphasizes that the body is integral to human dignity because the body is integral to the person; the body reveals the person. As John Paul II asserts, the human person is a body, and not merely has a body, "Man, formed in this way, belongs to the visible world; he is a body among bodies."8 We are body-persons; embodied spirits who are created in the image and likeness of God who is Love. Our body speaks a language, the "language of the body," which must be spoken in truth and with love. In and through the body, the person becomes a sacrament, that is, a visible sign of the economy of truth and love.9 This fundamental theme reflects our dignity as human persons and reveals God's plan for the human person.

The human person is the only creature God willed for its own sake. This means that the body, as an integral part and visible expression of the person, can never be treated as an object or used as a means to an end. According to John Paul II, "we cannot consider the body as an objective reality outside of man's personal subjectivity."12 Indeed, John Paul II states that the only proper and adequate response to the human person is love.

https://www.chausa.org/publications/health-progress/article/march-april-2012/lessons-from-pope-john-paul-ii-'theology-of-the-body'-underpins-health-care

Pope Francis too warns against ideas separated from the concrete life of persons. 

Pope spoke about  . . . . gender ideology—a way of thinking that considers sexual identity to be primarily a social construct, independent of biological realities.

When asked about this ideology, the Pope replied, "The 'gender' ideology of which you speak is dangerous, yes. As I understand it, it is so because it is abstract with respect to the concrete life of a person, as if a person could decide abstractly at will if and when to be a man or a woman."

https://aleteia.org/2021/09/21/pope-says-gender-ideology-is-dangerous/#

Francis also slammed gender theory for its denial of "the difference and reciprocity in nature of a man and a woman," and for its dream of "a society without sexual differences."

"If I say this clearly, it is not to discriminate against anyone, but simply to warn everyone of the temptation of falling into the foolish project of the inhabitants of Babel: doing away with differences to seek a single language, a single form, a single people."

"An appreciation of our body as male or female," he said, is "necessary for our own self-awareness in an encounter with others different from ourselves." Efforts to cancel out sexual differences based in anatomy are a symptom of a sick society that "no longer knows how to deal with it," he wrote.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/02/08/pope-francis-condemns-the-evil-of-gender-theory/

What the Catholic Church has to say on this topic is intelligent, insightful, and profound.  So, no it is not odd for a Catholic to not embrace Gender Ideology because Gender Ideology is a distortion of truth and the Church has no choice but to uphold Truth. 

Meat

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/penn-swimming-parents-write-letter-to-ncaa-against-lia-thomas-participation-in-womens-events/
Hmm, I'm a prophet. Inclusive we are until........Now whatever you do don't tell me that nobody is going to change teams just to get that title. You'll lose that argument. I know sports, competition and human nature. It might take time but I promise it's coming, perhaps it's already happened.
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa

Kiahanie

Yup. A prophet indeed. Tomorrow's need news today. Maybe a podcast? Meaty Prophecies?
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Meat

This topic is heating up again. Checking the athletes like Crocodile Dundee did isn't an option. In fact I'm surprised that movie hasn't been banned in 250 countries worldwide now. The grab plus, he brandishes a huge knife. OMG, OMG!!!!
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa