News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Hi there!

Started by Stardust, August 09, 2008, 01:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stardust

Hi, thanks for the invite! The title and the atmoshphere (so far) seem much more inviting and open to communication than the other sites. Good job, folks!

Assyriankey

Hi SD, thanks and we mean to keep it that way.  Here at IGI we like to be different - you should slot right in :)

Thanks for joining; is God imaginary?
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Happy Evolute

Hi Stardust,

Welcome!

+1 for joining.

HE
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Stardust

Thanks for the welcome.

Just FYI: thanks for the Karma, HE. I'd give you one too, but I've decided to make my stance against the karma thing. I'll not be giving any good or bad karma points. I don't like them, and never did on the old forums....but that's just my personal view. If I like what you say, I'll just tell you; and if I don't, I'll just tell you. All I ask of any of you is that, if you see my points swaying to one side or another, even them up for me :) THAT ought to f**k up a lot of newbies pre-conceived opinion of me unless they read my posts! ;) 

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Stardust on August 09, 2008, 03:32:39 PM
All I ask of any of you is that, if you see my points swaying to one side or another, even them up for me :)

Your wish is my command.
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Son of Man

Quote from: Stardust on August 09, 2008, 01:32:53 PM
Hi, thanks for the invite! The title and the atmoshphere (so far) seem much more inviting and open to communication than the other sites. Good job, folks!

Stardust, you have Philadelphic to thank for the inviting atmosphere.  She made me realize just how important diversity of opinion is for good discussion.  It's our hope to have a wide range of views represented here and to not just be an "atheist" forum.

And +1 for being new again.  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

cmarie

Hello Stardust, glad to see you here. You are always a pleasure to debate with. :)
The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

AgnosticDamien

Welcome to the forum!