News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

What started as a misspelling......

Started by Shnozzola, March 27, 2020, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexter and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shnozzola

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Shnozzola

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Shnozzola

Mr. Blackwell

At this time the answer is not no. The question is why?

Shnozzola

"A lot of people who should've known better thought they could achieve their policy goals under Trump and Trumpism," says historian David M. Kennedy, who mentored Hawley as his undergraduate thesis adviser at Stanford. "But elites should educate, uplift and enlighten the body politic, not exploit its darkest corners. Josh and company have failed to educate them, and instead exploited them."

"Hawley -- whose office did not respond to requests to speak to the senator about his week -- announced on December 30 that he would object during the Electoral College certification process, defying Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Nearly a dozen other Republican lawmakers, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, later announced that they, too, would object.
Because of that -- along with the pervasive view that Hawley was doing it as a way to brandish his credentials with pro-Trump Republicans ahead of a 2024 presidential run -- Hawley has borne the brunt of the blame for kicking off the actions that led to thousands of Trump supporters storming the Capitol complex on Wednesday afternoon and forcing both the House and Senate to go into emergency lockdown."

Kiahanie

What misbegotten enlightenment nonsense gave rise to the unrealistic phrase "...elites should educate, uplift and enlighten the body politic...." ? They are predators, not shepherds.

But yeah,  Hawley running for his life from his own mob was great fun. I hope they catch him next time.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Kiahanie

Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on July 25, 2022, 08:44:07 PMwho is that and what is the joke?

QuoteJosh Hawley, senator who ran from Capitol mob, mocked by home paper
Kansas City Star editorial excoriates Republican as 'laughingstock' as memes based on January 6 video proliferate

https://www.theguardian.com/2022/jul/24/josh-hawley-republican-senator-ran-running-capitol-attack-kansas-city-star
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

QuoteCarl Sagan, 1995:

I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness...

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Mr. Blackwell

I don't know how to post the video link here but I just saw one from Tik Tok of a young woman saying all serious, "real men don't rape!" and then sarcastically, "Oh s**t! Must have been a ghost then."

I replied, "I wish people would take ghost rape more seriously. That's how we got zombie Jesus." 

Not my proudest moment but I thought it was funny. 
At this time the answer is not no. The question is why?

none

strangely it was either eve or lillith, or her sister
how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.

none

hmm.. too tangential... succubus....
how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

QuoteA
Republican in the South Carolina state House of Representatives fought back tears this week as he talked about the dangerous ramifications of the state's abortion ban—which he himself voted for.
In just the second week after this six-week ban took effect, Collins says a doctor called him and told him about the woman, whose water broke after 15 weeks of pregnancy—far before the point of viability where the fetus could survive outside the womb but long after the six-week cutoff to receive an emergency abortion.

Because the fetus had a heartbeat, lawyers advised the woman's doctors that they could not perform an abortion to remove it, even though that is the standard and absolutely necessary medical procedure. The only options were to discharge her or to admit her to the hospital and wait for the heartbeat to stop on its own—something the doctor told him could take anywhere from seconds to happen to days. That's a completely unnecessary, physically and emotionally harrowing experience, not to mention likely financially draining seeing as this woman lives in a country where healthcare is prohibitively expensive.
The doctors sent the woman home. Collins explained what she was left to go through: "First, she's going to pass this fetus in the toilet. She's going to have to deal with that on her own." Then, he says he was told, "There's a greater than 50 percent chance that she's going to lose her uterus; there's a 10 percent chance that she will develop sepsis and herself die."
"That weighs on me. I voted for that bill. These are affecting people," Collins said, adding that he did not sleep the entire week he heard this story

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/republican-lawmaker-just-now-realized-abortion-ban-he-voted-for-has-real-life-consequences/ar-AA10MmSl?cvid=5aaa9184959e487996dc580bbc417c3f

kevin

f**k tht bastard

s**ts like him have no place in government

so he didnt sleep for a week.

how about help that specific wonan?

shes still in trouble
dare to know.

kevin

after two weeks the baby died and tbe 19 year old woman returned to tbe hospital to have the corpse aborted.

two weeks she lived with that.

in all tbat time that self-pitying SOB did nothing to help her.

it was all about him, start to finish.
dare to know.

Mark

He does seem to have shown some remorse.
Mark's contribution to chess opening theory:
www.Marksopening.blogspot.com

kevin

dare to know.