News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

it's over

Started by Susan, November 21, 2019, 06:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

I've realized that the way this tyrant being is, it's impossible to enjoy my life...I want to and used to appreciate the small things but now it's all about me trying to figure out how to get this being off my back..I hate being with this being and being with this being is torturous. It's like pulling teeth - there are no good emotions between this being and me and I want to disengage.  This being is all about labelling things - Christian, good.  If it's not Christian bad.  My life is worse because of this being and I trusted this being with my life

Inertialmass

I think folks would love to hear, to the extent that you are comfortable, how you came to such a circumstance.  Did your parents push this god upon you from an early age?

And then, what recently set you upon this new path of doubt honesty?

God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

Kusa

The reality of it is that this god doesn't exist and therefore cannot do any harm to you. What you blame for all this mental torture is all in your head. Realize this and forget about it.

Don't feel bad, most of us here had to wrestle with this imaginary god before casting the thought of it aside.

8livesleft

Quote from: Kusa on November 22, 2019, 12:48:23 AM
The reality of it is that this god doesn't exist and therefore cannot do any harm to you. What you blame for all this mental torture is all in your head. Realize this and forget about it.

Don't feel bad, most of us here had to wrestle with this imaginary god before casting the thought of it aside.

This

Inertialmass

Thank you, Susan.  I think you are heading in the right direction!

God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.