News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

truths

Started by Susan, November 10, 2019, 11:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Here are the truths I've arrived at about God:

1.  It gets mad when you don't do things its way - if you don't do something it wants you to do, it turns on you like some Dr. Jeckll and Hyde.
2.  It contradicts its own truths - it contradicts itself by going against things that are in the Bible
3. It has no qualms about undermining the agency and rights of women on a daily basis by perpetuating antiquated ideas about women's issues, etc.
4.  It is violent, revengeful and vindictive
5.  It seems to be stuck on hashing out things from the past - even when I've moved on, it seems to like bringing it up the past
6.  It is hypocritical and oppressive - it seems to like torturing people and harassing people

Basicallyi it would rather me live some kind of an inauthentic life than find my own truth and...

----------------------

Underneath a benign facade, this being is brimming with anger and a malicious spirit which I cannot comprehend.  In the last 24 hours, it has been harassing me by filling me with waves of guilt, sending evil spirits to perturb me or just making me feel like I have to be a Christian when I don't want to be.  Instead of answering prayers, it curses, is silent or is just malevolent.  It does not care about my well-being or safety at all.  I've realized that the key to my happiness is not listening to this deity who only torments but to live my life the way I want to live it and not heed this deity which allows it to have control over me. 
Susan

TallRed

Quote from: Susan on November 10, 2019, 11:48:16 PM

1.  It gets mad when you don't do things its way - if you don't do something it wants you to do, it turns on you like some Dr. Jeckll and Hyde.
2.  It contradicts its own truths - it contradicts itself by going against things that are in the Bible
3. It has no qualms about undermining the agency and rights of women on a daily basis by perpetuating antiquated ideas about women's issues, etc.
5.  It seems to be stuck on hashing out things from the past - even when I've moved on, it seems to like bringing it up the past
6.  It is hypocritical and oppressive - it seems to like torturing people and harassing people

Susan
Good observations, Susan. You're not alone. In fact, I can highly recommend Dan Barker's excellent book, "God: The Most Unpleasant Character in All Fiction".

God: The Most Unpleasant Character in All Fiction https://www.amazon.com/dp/1454930101/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KJkYDbMPV526N

Shnozzola

Basicallyi it would rather me live some kind of an inauthentic life than find my own truth and...
Susan

.....or, it doesn't exist, which makes everything you are thinking about make sense.
Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Mr. Blackwell

Susan

Susan, "it" doesn't exist except for in the minds of those who project their own will based on what they think "it" must approve or disapprove of. What you seem to be describing is a situation where you are surrounded my a whole bunch of like minded people who have convinced themselves that their view of women and morality is the correct view so that's how they interpret the Bible.

It's called SPAG. Self Projection As God. What you have been taught about what God wants is merely what those around you want. 

If at all possible, you need to change your situation. Surround yourself with positive forward thinking people who will see you and treat you as an equal.
At this time the answer is not no. The question is why?