News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Weather

Started by Mr. Blackwell, October 14, 2019, 10:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Blackwell

I wasn't sure where to put this. I just want as many people as possible to see it.

Like, really? What's going on behind the scenes? You know, outside of Trump's Twitter account and whatever the political f**ck the MSM is focusing on instead of what's happening behind the curtains that could have a direct negative impact on our individual lives.

Why do I see the most important developments coming from comedians with late night shows?

Musical interlude.

WARNING! BOOBS!

It used to be safe or mundane to talk about the weather but not anymore. s**t storms are about to get real.

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Kiahanie

Mr.B --

Don't know where in Tennessee you are, but hope it is far from those twisty winds.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Maria-Juana

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Maria-Juana

Well...

On the first day of the Winter Solstice, Oxnard, California, got more than a month's worth of rain in only one hour.
||rainingday||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

kevin

beekeepers are loving that
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Maria-Juana

^^^
Poor little creatures.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

It's a hard life being a bug.

Still raining down there? A fee years ago we had someone fall off their bicycle and drown. Started joking about wearing PFDs when going out. Looks like those days may be more frequent.

We are pretty lucky in Oregon. Most of those atmospheric rivers go north of us to Portland and Seattle, or south to California.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

seattle only gets 39 inches of rain a year. less than here in ohio, at 41

Maria-Juana

It's cold in LA.
Lows in the 40s
Highs in the 60s.
||cold||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

28°F. Freezing rain. Very pretty. Very slippery.

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Kiahanie on January 13, 2024, 07:31:42 PM28°F. Freezing rain. Very pretty. Very slippery.
I will never complain about how cold it is in LA after reading your post.

||cheesy||

It's just a crisp 40° F.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

kevin

32 F in my bedroom, such as it is

9 F outside with a 20mph wind from the south

Mr. Blackwell

Looking at 30 right now. Supposed to start snowing in a couple hours and get down to 2 tonight. 
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

kevin

thats f**king cold for you

Mr. Blackwell

Mark

Quote from: Kiahanie on January 13, 2024, 07:31:42 PM28°F. Freezing rain. Very pretty. Very slippery.
Talking of which, what's the difference between hail and snow?
Mark's contribution to chess opening theory:
https://marksopening.blogspot.com

Kiahanie

26°, 15° tonight. We have 3/4" to 1" of ice on everything. City is shut down. Power is out. Tomorrow 33°/34° and another icestorm. Wednesday 50/44° with rain for next 4 days.

Gonna be interesting.

kevin

9 to 23 F all day.

business as usual

Kiahanie

Knocked 2" ice off garbage can this morning. Fresh icestorm coming this afternoon and evening then warming to rain tomorrow.

Boots

Quote from: Mark on January 15, 2024, 11:50:26 AM
Talking of which, what's the difference between hail and snow?

Hail is rain that freezes on the way down.
Snow is ice crystals that form initially, then fall
Sleet is rain mixed with ice.
Freezing rain is rain that freezes when it hits the ground.

(we get a wide variety of precip in New Hampshire)
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Kiahanie

50°F. Warming rain. All ice melted off trees. All limbs, lines poles and trees down that are coming down this time. Cleanup begins. Likely a week before we get power. No drinking water for a while. Fire up on the butte poses no danger to us. Hope they have water pressure.

Camping stoves and melted ice for a while yet.

kevin

Kiahanie

That is cold. We don't often see that here. But then we only have icestorms every 10-15 years.

kevin

ive seen -23C for a week or two twice here in twenty years

Kiahanie

Back east I had weather that cold but out here only in the mountains. I don't miss it.

Kiahanie

We now have electricity. Woke up this morning and there it was. Water came back a few days ago.

Springfield is a mess with downed trees. One neighbor lost a cherry tree, pieces of their maples and big piece of a walnut. Other neighbor lost a cherry tree and had another big piece of walnut fall on their shed. Lots of folk with damaged roofs, porches, etc.

We came out pretty good. No major damage to our trees, blueberries, huckleberries, garden boxes, shed, home.

We are back!

Kiahanie

Angelinos should wear PFDs when going out. Never alone -take someone heavier with you. A locating beacon.

You doing ok, MJ?

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Kiahanie on February 04, 2024, 05:37:31 PMAngelinos should wear PFDs when going out. Never alone -take someone heavier with you. A locating beacon.

You doing ok, MJ?
||cheesy||
Thanks for asking. We're OK. We'll get a lot of rain on Sunday night and Monday. We'll see what happens.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

@Maria-Juana   I just read y'all having biblical floods. Any arks floating by? How are the animals doing? How are you and yours doing!

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Kiahanie on February 08, 2024, 12:30:38 AM@Maria-Juana  I just read y'all having biblical floods. Any arks floating by? How are the animals doing? How are you and yours doing!
||cheesy||

Yes, biblical floods, but no arks. Yet.
Thanks for asking.

It rained, a lot, but we're doing fine. Other areas are not doing so good.

QuoteLOS ANGELES (AP) — One of the wettest storms in Southern California history unleashed at least 475 mudslides in the Los Angeles area after dumping more than half the amount of rainfall the city typically gets in a season in just two days, and officials warned Tuesday that the threat was not over yet.
https://apnews.com/article/california-storms-atmospheric-river-d6920af2dbaead274a30229cdbba7d97
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

Every 20 years or so the hills slide. One thing I liked about LA's geography (unlike some other places) is that the hills contain the most expensive real estate.

Hoping you are not on slippery hills, are you?

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Kiahanie on February 08, 2024, 03:07:24 AMEvery 20 years or so the hills slide. One thing I liked about LA's geography (unlike some other places) is that the hills contain the most expensive real estate.

Hoping you are not on slippery hills, are you?
That's what we're saying, it's just rain doing what it does, so maybe they shouldn't build their houses there just because they want to and can.

I'm not on a slippery hill, I live in a valley.
On the second floor.
||grin||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

kevin

Share Message - Dashcam shows tornado obliterate Nebraska building
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68964597