What is the perferred 'natural' theory to dispute & debunk Jesus' resurrection?

Started by eyeshaveit, August 16, 2017, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite naturalistic conjecture or premise to debunk a Risen Christ?

The Myth/Legend Theory.
The Stolen Body Theory.
The Swoon Theory.
Other Theory.
No Theory needed as there was no historical Jesus Christ.

none

Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 12, 2018, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: none on May 12, 2018, 08:22:18 PM
pfft, you created this thread it's not like somebody else is responsible
you get your ass handed to you and well

I'm human and made a mistake and you caught it.
If that's really handing my ass to me, then you must be hard up for coup, eh? 

try and respond to the folks to whom you were trying to bulls**t
more bulls**t on your part isn't really productive
I don't appreciate it
I understand why you don't want to be honest, it is obvious
so you can either derail or pick up the convo where they left off
I can understand you working yourself in to a frenzy, it's obvious
the candle can only be lit so many times.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: none on May 12, 2018, 10:39:44 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 12, 2018, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: none on May 12, 2018, 08:22:18 PM
pfft, you created this thread it's not like somebody else is responsible
you get your ass handed to you and well

I'm human and made a mistake and you caught it.
If that's really handing my ass to me, then you must be hard up for coup, eh? 

try and respond to the folks to whom you were trying to bulls**t
more bulls**t on your part isn't really productive
I don't appreciate it
I understand why you don't want to be honest, it is obvious
so you can either derail or pick up the convo where they left off
I can understand you working yourself in to a frenzy, it's obvious

One of us is working themselves into a "frenzy" - hmmmmmm.

||popcorn||
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Dexter

What is the preferred Biblical explanation that the resurrection actually happened?
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

TallRed

Quote from: Dexter on May 13, 2018, 12:16:34 PM
What is the preferred Biblical explanation that the resurrection actually happened?
The favorite thought-terminating clich?, ?The Bible says it. I believe it. That settles it.? It?s an explanation which explains nothing.

Dexter

That doesn't cut it Red. Too easy. What happened that would start a religion that would cover 1/8th of the globe?
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

TallRed

Quote from: Dexter on August 15, 2018, 06:22:11 PM
That doesn't cut it Red. Too easy. What happened that would start a religion that would cover 1/8th of the globe?
In my opinion, the religion was aided and abetted by a great salesman, Saul of Tarsus. After all, built into the new religion was a directive to spread the word. He proselytized far from the location of the alleged events, like in Asia Minor, which made fact-checking difficult, if not impossible. He sprinkled in stories of martyrdom. Oppression added to the veracity of the stories, in spite of the fact that there was no corroboration of the martyrdom stories. All-in-all, just good salesmanship. Saul could have been the world?s best Amway distributor.

In my opinion, the deciding factor was the anonymous 500 witnesses to the resurrection. This claim, not surprisingly, first appeared in a letter from Saul of Tarsus. It gave the claim an air of veracity in spite of the vagueness of the claim.

8livesleft

Quote from: TallRed on August 15, 2018, 07:38:43 PM
Quote from: Dexter on August 15, 2018, 06:22:11 PM
In my opinion, the religion was aided and abetted by a great salesman, Saul of Tarsus. After all, built into the new religion was a directive to spread the word. He proselytized far from the location of the alleged events, like in Asia Minor, which made fact-checking difficult, if not impossible. He sprinkled in stories of martyrdom. Oppression added to the veracity of the stories, in spite of the fact that there was no corroboration of the martyrdom stories. All-in-all, just good salesmanship. Saul could have been the world?s best Amway distributor.

In my opinion, the deciding factor was the anonymous 500 witnesses to the resurrection. This claim, not surprisingly, first appeared in a letter from Saul of Tarsus. It gave the claim an air of veracity in spite of the vagueness of the claim.

Then Constantine converted and promoted tolerance towards Christianity, which caused it to spread via the already broad Roman network.

Then the other Europeans adopted Christianity and, the Spaniards in particular, used it to great effect in converting (subduing) the natives of the places they'd subjugate overseas.

Whole towns were baptized in one go in our case. All the old records/places of worship were burnt, replaced by churches and the people were forced to take new Spanish/Christian names - effectively destroying their lineage and whatever links they had to their centuries-old tribal past.

That's why ex-spanish colonies all have the same surnames.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk