News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

The future of the earth

Started by Jstwebbrowsing, January 11, 2017, 06:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstwebbrowsing

I believe the Bible teaches that in the future the earth will become a paradise and an everlasting home for perfected mankind.

What do you guys think the future of the earth will be?
But the greatest one among you must be your minister.  Whoever exalts himself will be humbled,
and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Mt 23:11,12

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on January 11, 2017, 06:23:36 AM
I believe the Bible teaches that in the future the earth will become a paradise and an everlasting home for perfected mankind.

1 - God's word proclaims a "new earth":
"Then I saw ?a new heaven and a new earth"" - Revelation 21.

2 - God's work is guaranteed 'perfect'; so will be the 'new earth':
?The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice." - Deuteronomy 32.

3 - How do sinful men and women get to spend an eternity on a new earth: is it by God's grace, or by man's works; or a combination of both?

4 - God or man; who do you trust more? That's the real question; the only one that matters; all the rest is 'window dressing'.     
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Hemingway

More of the same until we are consumed by our dying Sun. Then that's all she wrote  ||rapture||

There will be nothing left to signify that we were once here, except for whatever probes we have sent out into the furthest reaches of our solar system & beyond.

So enjoy yourself while you are here guys! It's your one and only shot.
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Case

It's interesting that you ask this. I was just talking about this with a JW that I work with yesterday.

He seemed very surprised when I told him I believe Christ will literally, physically return and renew the heavens and the earth. God's people will live on a restored earth without sin.
"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

Jstwebbrowsing

Quote from: eyeshaveit on January 11, 2017, 07:54:17 AM

1 - God's word proclaims a "new earth":
"Then I saw ?a new heaven and a new earth"" - Revelation 21.

2 - God's work is guaranteed 'perfect'; so will be the 'new earth':
?The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice." - Deuteronomy 32.

3 - How do sinful men and women get to spend an eternity on a new earth: is it by God's grace, or by man's works; or a combination of both?

4 - God or man; who do you trust more? That's the real question; the only one that matters; all the rest is 'window dressing'.   

1.  That is one of the scriptures I had in mind.  What do you think is the purpose for this new earth and how long will it endure?

2.  Agreed.

3.  The scriptures teach it is by the grace of God.  The same grace that freed the Israelites from slavery, when through Moses, God called on them to obey.  Through their obedience to God, because of the grace given them, they marched triumphantly out of Egypt.  Imagine if they had scorned the grace of God by staying in Egypt instead of obeying God.

4.  Agreed.
But the greatest one among you must be your minister.  Whoever exalts himself will be humbled,

Jstwebbrowsing

Quote from: Hemingway on January 11, 2017, 11:17:24 AM

More of the same until we are consumed by our dying Sun. Then that's all she wrote  ||rapture||

There will be nothing left to signify that we were once here, except for whatever probes we have sent out into the furthest reaches of our solar system & beyond.

So enjoy yourself while you are here guys! It's your one and only shot.

So how strongly do you believe that?  Have you ruled out the possibility of any form of intervention?

Hemingway

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on January 11, 2017, 11:17:05 PM
So how strongly do you believe that?  Have you ruled out the possibility of any form of intervention?

Very.

Petty much.
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"