News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Hello. It's me. #adele

Started by BlackLight, February 08, 2017, 01:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLight

I've been posting over at WWGHA.com, and heard about this. Nice place you got here.
GIVLING.com is an online trivia game - the purpose of which is to crowd/ad-fund student loan/mortgage payments. Free to sign up and to play. Daily cash prizes awarded to winning teams. Use Invite Code AS225966 at sign-up. Happy to answer questions.

Mooby the Golden Sock

Thanks!  We try to keep it nice!

*Sweeps all the dust and roach turds under the bed*

||whistling||
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Dexter

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Kusa

SkunkButt

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

Boots

Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Teaspoon Shallow

Welcome Blacklight.

Tell us a little about yourself.
Are you a believer or a non beleiver? 
||decision||

"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

BlackLight

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on February 10, 2017, 08:53:11 PM
Welcome Blacklight.

Tell us a little about yourself.
Are you a believer or a non beleiver? 
||decision||

Non-believer. Scorpio. SoCal resident. Sam Harris fan.
GIVLING.com is an online trivia game - the purpose of which is to crowd/ad-fund student loan/mortgage payments. Free to sign up and to play. Daily cash prizes awarded to winning teams. Use Invite Code AS225966 at sign-up. Happy to answer questions.

Meat

"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

BlackLight

Quote from: Meat on February 10, 2017, 10:41:12 PM
Are you vegetarian?  ||think||

Me? Well, if you garnish my steak with parsley, I will probably wind up eating some of it by accident.

Dexter

Quote from: BlackLight on February 11, 2017, 01:00:18 AM
Quote from: Meat on February 10, 2017, 10:41:12 PM
Are you vegetarian?  ||think||

Me? Well, if you garnish my steak with parsley, I will probably wind up eating some of it by accident.

A bit like religion then.
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

BlackLight

Is there a way to find out who has been rating my Karma? Normally, there's a link in my Profile page, but I don't see it.

Meat

Nah. It's secret here. For example some knucklehead smites my genius posts in Robber Meets Jesus. I'm just the messenger for Pete's sake.  ||guns||
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

BlackLight

If I need to PM a mod with a question, which one would one suggest? I see a bunch, but I'm not sure which ones are logged in and checking their inboxes.

eyeshaveit

It's early night in Australia, so if you are not in a big, big hurry try Teaspoon Shallow.
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: BlackLight on February 10, 2017, 09:33:10 PM

"Astrology [Scorpio?] is the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial objects as a means for divining information about human affairs and terrestrial events" - Wikipedia.

Sounds like a religious faith belief to me? ||think||

BlackLight

Quote from: eyeshaveit on February 11, 2017, 09:45:05 AM

"Astrology [Scorpio?] is the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial objects as a means for divining information about human affairs and terrestrial events" - Wikipedia.

Nope. Just a statement of fact. In the same way that some people identify as Jewish because their mother was Jewish - but don't actually practice in any real way.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: BlackLight on February 11, 2017, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on February 11, 2017, 09:45:05 AM

Nope. Just a statement of fact. In the same way that some people identify as Jewish because their mother was Jewish - but don't actually practice in any real way.

So it wouldn't confuse people to identify myself as a Libra? Why not just say my birthday falls in the Fall; in October? Otherwise would not some folks begin to mistakenly ascribe 'nonsense' Libra traits to myself?

BlackLight

Quote from: eyeshaveit on February 11, 2017, 10:41:57 PM

So it wouldn't confuse people to identify myself as a Libra? Why not just say my birthday falls in the Fall; in October? Otherwise would not some folks begin to mistakenly ascribe 'nonsense' Libra traits to myself?

Perhaps certain people would be confused. Just as an atheist labeling himself as "Jewish" (due to the principle of matrilineal descent) might initially confuse people. I just don't see this as a terribly pressing concern. Quite the opposite, maybe. If an astrological devotee has their faith in astrology thrown into question because they don't see me behaving as a Scorpio ought, then this is all to the good, in my estimation.

Emma286

Hello there again BlackLight. Welcome to Is God Imaginary!  ||wink||
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Airyaman

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on February 08, 2017, 05:05:31 AM
Thanks!  We try to keep it nice!

*Sweeps all the dust and roach turds under the bed*

||whistling||

If you can actually see them, that's alot of roach turds!
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.