News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Christian Doctrine - Pop Quiz.

Started by eyeshaveit, August 23, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

John Calvin wrote in the Institutes of the Christian Religion of the 'new covenant and a threefold use of the law'. Explain ?

Spoiler

1 - The law reveals the holy character of God, and points to the gospel.

2 - The law's warnings undertake to restrain us against sin.

3 - The law discloses that which is pleasing to God.
[close]
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

eyeshaveit

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep." - 2 Peter 2.

What three-part history does Peter offer on God's judgment of false teachers ?

Spoiler

1 - "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment ..."

2 - "If he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly ..."

3 - "If by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly ..."

2 Peter 2.
[close]

eyeshaveit

True or False : Kings, queens, presidents, prime ministers, etc., are governing authorities a gift from God ?

Spoiler

True,

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed." - Romans 13.
[close]

eyeshaveit

"The Thirty Years' War was a series of wars in Central Europe. It was one of the longest and most destructive conflicts in European history. It was the deadliest European religious war, resulting in eight million casualties." - Google.

When and how did the Thirty Years War end ?

Spoiler

The Thirty Years War began in 1618 and ended in 1648 with the Peace of Westphalia.
This truce left the Roman Catholics generally 'strong' in the south of Europe, and the Protestants maintaining control in the north.
[close]

eyeshaveit

In 1 Corinthian 15 the Apostle Paul writes of what four points of 'the resurrected body' ?

Spoiler

1 - Analogy of seed planting - "What you sow does not come to life unless it dies ... God gives it a body as he has chosen" - 1 Corinthians 15:36-38.

2 - Unique forms of the resurrection - "Not all flesh is the same ... the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly" - 1 Corinthians 15:39-41.

3 - Contrasting the 'sown' and the 'raised' - "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body" - 1 Corinthians 15:42-44.

4 - Jesus Christ, the prototype - "Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven." - 1 Corinthians 15:45-49.
[close]

eyeshaveit

As outlined in the Book of Leviticus, what were the principle aspects of the Israelite worship schedule and calendar ?

Spoiler

Prayers both morning and evening.
Weekly and monthly offerings.
Passover - Feast of Unleavened Bread.
Pentecost - Festival of First Fruits.
Rosh Hashanah - Festival of Trumpets.
Yom Kippur - Day of Atonement.
[close]

eyeshaveit

"Augustine?s great and terrible doctrine of so-called ?double predestination? was rejected by many in his time as it is by some today" - Google.

What is ?double predestination? ?

Spoiler

"The term "double predestination" is used by some writers (usually in a disparaging way) to refer to the doctrine that God has appointed the eternal destiny, not only of His elect people, but also of those who are not elect." - Google.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is 'open theism' ?

Spoiler

"Open theism, also called free will theism and openness theology, is the belief that God does not exercise meticulous control of the universe but leaves it "open" for humans to make significant choices (free will) that impact their relationships with God and others. A corollary of this is that God has not predetermined the future. Open Theists further believe that this would imply that God does not know the future exhaustively. Proponents affirm that God is omniscient, but deny that this means that God knows everything that will happen." - Theopedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What was Pax Romana and how long did it last ?

Spoiler

Pax Romana was the long period of relative peace and minimal expansion by the Roman military force experienced by the Roman Empire after the end of the Final War of the Roman Republic and before the beginning of the Crisis of the Third Century ... Its span was approximately 206 years (27 BC to 180 AD) - Wikipedia
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is the 'Shekinah glory of God' ?

Spoiler

Shekinah is the English transliteration of a Hebrew noun meaning dwelling or settling, and denotes the dwelling or settling of the divine presence of God and his cosmic glory - Wikipedia:

"When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram" - Genesis 15.

"Now Moses was keeping the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro, the priest of Midian, and he led his flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush was burning, yet it was not consumed. - Exodus 3.

"And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear." - Luke 2.

"But Saul ... approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, ?Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?? - Acts 9.   

Etc.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Explain the 'steps' in the formation and coming together of the Holy Bible ?

Spoiler

1 - God's speaking (both directly and indirectly) and the ministry of Christ.

2 - Publication and distribution by scribes, monks and disciples, etc.

3 - Recognition, sorting and gathering into collections.
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 31, 2017, 08:00:13 AM
Explain the 'steps' in the formation and coming together of the Holy Bible ?

Spoiler

1 - God's speaking (both directly and indirectly) and the ministry of Christ.

2 - Publication and distribution by scribes, monks and disciples, etc.

3 - Recognition, sorting and gathering into collections.
[close]
||think||

Propaganda based upon MYTHS; compiled, twisted, distorted, wrested, ending in the garbage called the bible I turn to useful compost & still remain Vindicated today!

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 28, 2017, 05:58:25 AM
What is 'open theism' ?

Spoiler

"Open theism, also called free will theism and openness theology, is the belief that God does not exercise meticulous control of the universe but leaves it "open" for humans to make significant choices (free will) that impact their relationships with God and others. A corollary of this is that God has not predetermined the future. Open Theists further believe that this would imply that God does not know the future exhaustively. Proponents affirm that God is omniscient, but deny that this means that God knows everything that will happen." - Theopedia.
[close]

Open theism is made up of a bunch of whimpy men and and a whole gaggle of big mouth broads.

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 30, 2017, 05:42:40 AM
What is the 'Shekinah glory of God' ?

Spoiler

Shekinah is the English transliteration of a Hebrew noun meaning dwelling or settling, and denotes the dwelling or settling of the divine presence of God and his cosmic glory - Wikipedia:

"When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram" - Genesis 15.

"Now Moses was keeping the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro, the priest of Midian, and he led his flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush was burning, yet it was not consumed. - Exodus 3.

"And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear." - Luke 2.

"But Saul ... approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, ?Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?? - Acts 9.   

Etc.
[close]

It's a Theophany.

eyeshaveit

How do the words, 'Egypt', 'journeys', 'Mount Sinai', 'Jericho', and 'Israel' relate to each other in the Pentateuch ?

Spoiler

These are the last words of the first five books of the Bible: Genesis - 'Egypt'; Exodus - 'journeys'; Leviticus - 'Mount Sinai'; Numbers - 'Jericho'; and Deuteronomy - 'Israel'.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is Koinonia ?

Spoiler

"Koinonia is a form of the Greek word, which means communion, joint participation, etc. It identifies the idealized state of fellowship and unity that should exist within the Christian church, the Body of Christ." - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is the Bible's timespan bewtween Adam and Christ ?

Spoiler

About 6,000 years.
[close]

eyeshaveit

"And this is the testimony of John [the Baptist], when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, ?Who are you?? 20 He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, ?I am not the Christ.? 21 And they asked him, ?What then? Are you Elijah?? He said, ?I am not.? ?Are you the Prophet??" - John 1.

Who was this "prophet" that the Jews were seeking ?

Spoiler

"?The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me [Moses] from among you, from your brothers?it is to him you shall listen? just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ?Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.? And the Lord said to me, ?They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers." - Deuteronomy 18
[close]

eyeshaveit

:The Lord said to Moses, ?Go up into this mountain of Abarim and see the land that I have given to the people of Israel. When you have seen it, you also shall be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaron was, because you rebelled against my word in the wilderness of Zin when the congregation quarreled, failing to uphold me as holy at the waters before their eyes.? (These are the waters of Meribah of Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin.)" - Numbers 27

Moses did not make it into the 'promised land', but what of Moses' descendents; what does the Bible say ?

Spoiler

"And the people of Dan set up the carved image for themselves, and Jonathan the son of Gershom, son of Moses, and his sons were priests to the tribe of the Danites until the day of the captivity of the land."- Judges 18.
[close]

eyeshaveit

"Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist." - 2 John 1.

The word 'antichrist' is found in the New Testament

5 times ?
10 times ?
15 times ?
20 times ?

Spoiler

5 times
[close]

eyeshaveit

Explain Thomas Aquinas'  "Doctrine of Necessary Being" ?

Spoiler

"A necessary being is a living, self-aware thing that must necessarily exist for all other things to exist because that necessary being is the author of the universe and the initial cause of all things material." - Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Who are the Remonstrants ?

Spoiler

"The Remonstrants are Dutch Protestants who, after the death of Jacobus Arminius, maintained the views associated with his name. In 1610, they presented to the States of Holland and Friesland a remonstrance in five articles formulating their points of disagreement with Calvinism. According to 2010 statistics, a 6,000-strong Remonstrant community remains in the Netherlands. There is also a single congregation in Friedrichstadt in northern Germany." - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

When and why did Christians start worshiping on Sunday ?
How has observing the Sabbath changed throughout church history ?
How is church growth affecting Sunday worship today ?

Today's answers are found in a short video:
http://eerdword.com/2017/06/07/a-brief-quiz-tory-of-sunday/

eyeshaveit

"Salvation Army Scrubs Replacement Theology From Website After Scrutiny" - From the Internet.

What is Replacement Theology ?

Spoiler

"Replacement Theology is a Christian theological view on the current status of the church in relation to the Jewish people and Judaism. It holds that the Christian Church has succeeded the Israelites as the definitive people of God or that the New Covenant has replaced or superseded the Mosaic covenant." - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Did God create evil ?

Answer in this 5 minute video:

composer

||think||

Posts like yours & Co. demonstrate there are only imaginary-human devised Supernatural God(s)

Story book God is solely responsible for having Created evil!

Story book proofs -

Col. 1:16 & John 1:3

QED

||popcorn||

Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

eyeshaveit

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." - Psalm 23.

Name 5 other Bible verses where God is identified as a shepherd ?

Spoiler

Psalm 80:1 - "Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock"

Ecclesiastes 12:11 - "The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd."

Isaiah 40:11 - "He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms"

Jeremiah 31:10 - "Hear the word of the LORD, O nations, and declare it in the coastlands far away; say, ?He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock."

Ezekiel 34:11,12 - "For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them"
[close]

eyeshaveit

The Swedish government is quizzing refugees about Christianity to find people who lie about their faith beliefs. So authorities ask questions on the Bible and doctrine when refugees apply for asylum.

One of the questions on the test that the Swedish Migration Agency asks is: "How many books the New Testament is divided into?"

Spoiler

The New Testament is comprised of 27 books.
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 13, 2017, 06:24:36 AM
The Swedish government is quizzing refugees about Christianity to find people who lie about their faith beliefs. So authorities ask questions on the Bible and doctrine when refugees apply for asylum.

One of the questions on the test that the Swedish Migration Agency asks is: "How many books the New Testament is divided into?"

Spoiler

The New Testament is comprised of 27 books.
[close]
||think||

Meanwhile,  Story book God is solely responsible for having Created evil!

Story book proofs -

Col. 1:16 & John 1:3

QED

eyeshaveit

Are Christians better than non-Christians ?

Spoiler

No - at our very best, we are all sinners.

"Do you think that you deserve forgiveness? If you do, you are not a Christian." - Martyn Lloyd-Jones.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." - Ephesians 2.
[close]