News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Christian Doctrine - Pop Quiz.

Started by eyeshaveit, August 23, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

"On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus? mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine was gone, Jesus? mother said to him, ?They have no more wine.?" - John 2.

How much wine did Jesus produce at Cana?

Spoiler
Jesus miraculously changed more than 100 gallons of water into wine. It may have been as much as 180 gallons, for a first century Jewish wedding that typically lasted for seven days.
[close]
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Francis

Quote from: composer on December 19, 2016, 11:38:29 PM
1. Your Story book is not only founded upon MYTHS (e.g. Prov. 30:25 & 30) but is also founded upon self-contradiction, e.g. -

What problem do you have with Proverbs 30:25 & 30?

composer

Quote from: Francis on December 20, 2016, 06:53:05 PM
1. Your Story book is not only founded upon MYTHS (e.g. Prov. 30:25 & 30) but is also founded upon self-contradiction, e.g. -

||think||

None!

The problems are for those that claim their bible is inerrant - the truthful words of their God(s)

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

eyeshaveit

How many times is the word, "unclean", found in Leviticus 11 - 15:

23 times?

40 times?

69 times?

100 plus times?

Spoiler
The word, 'unclean,' is referenced more than 100 times in these 5 chapters of the Leviticus.
[close]

Francis

Quote from: composer on December 21, 2016, 06:29:56 AM
Quote from: Francis on December 20, 2016, 06:53:05 PM

None!
The problems are for those that claim their bible is inerrant - the truthful words of their God(s)

????????  If you have no problems with Proverbs 30:25 & 30, then why did you claim that the Bible is founded upon MYTHS?

How does Proverbs 30:25 & 30 show that the Bible is founded on myths?

Respectfully

composer

Quote from: Francis on December 21, 2016, 02:58:43 PM
????????  If you have no problems with Proverbs 30:25 & 30, then why did you claim that the Bible is founded upon MYTHS?

Respectfully
||think||

Do some research on this Francis and let us know what you discover?

As you need desperate help, here's my Hint: Compare Prov. 30:25 & 30 against reality!

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

Francis

Quote from: composer on December 21, 2016, 11:42:52 PM

I'm asking you.  You made the claim.  And so the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate for us how Proverbs 30:25 & 30 shows that the Bible is founded on myths.

Respectfully

composer

Quote from: Francis on December 22, 2016, 02:59:32 AM
I'm asking you.  You made the claim.  And so the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate for us how Proverbs 30:25 & 30 shows that the Bible is founded on myths.

Respectfully
||think||

Here ya go!  ||whistling||

1. http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,62726.msg821636.html#msg821636 (IGI Thread: Is this a Myth?, Reply#4, Re: Prov. 30:25;  the proven MYTH)

2. http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,62726.msg821710.html#msg821710 (IGI Thread: Is This a Myth? Reply#11, Re: Prov. 30:30; the next proven MYTH)

The Bible is founded on myths!  ||razz||  ||tip hat||  ||grin||

QED

||popcorn||

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on December 20, 2016, 10:44:45 AM
"On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus? mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine was gone, Jesus? mother said to him, ?They have no more wine.?" - John 2.

How much wine did Jesus produce at Cana?
||think||

Apparently NONE! -

John 5:30 Story book

||razz||

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Adam Smith discusses "the invisible hand", in his book, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations. What is the 'invisible hand'?

Spoiler
"The unobservable market force that helps the demand and supply of goods in a free market to reach equilibrium automatically is the invisible hand. Adam Smith ... assumed that an economy can work well in a free market scenario where everyone will work for his/her own interest ... if the government will leave people alone to buy and sell freely among themselves ... if people were allowed to trade freely, self interested traders present in the market would compete with each other, leading markets towards the positive output with the help of an invisible hand." - The Economic Times.
[close]

Case

What has Adam Smith to do with Christian doctrine!?  ||shocked||
"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Case on December 22, 2016, 12:43:56 PM
What has Adam Smith to do with Christian doctrine!?  ||shocked||

Smith wanted to apply new-fangled ideas (science) to the field of economics and this he did. But he found that a free economy is based on a moral foundation; a trust in contracts that will be upheld and honored. And that trust rests on a primary causal power. Enter God and his invisible hand.

Case

I get the theoretical Calvinist underpinnings of laissez-faire capitalism, but I'm reluctant to declare it as doctrine. In practice, capitalism  seems to me to be a failed experiment.

What about blessing the poor? What about biblical economic laws, like Sabbaths and jubilees, that manage human greed and income disparity? Has contemporary society nothing to learn from these laws?
"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

eyeshaveit

Which of the four Gospels has the resurrected Jesus Christ assigning a mission work to his disciples?

Spoiler
All of four of them:

Matthew 28:18-20.
Mark !6:15-16.
Luke 24:45-47.
John 21:15-19.
[close]

Francis

Quote from: composer on December 22, 2016, 03:20:30 AM

Quote from: Francis on December 22, 2016, 02:59:32 AM

Respectfully
||think||

Here ya go!
1. http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,62726.msg821636.html#msg821636 (IGI Thread: Is this a Myth?, Reply#4, Re: Prov. 30:25;  the proven MYTH)

2. http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,62726.msg821710.html#msg821710 (IGI Thread: Is This a Myth? Reply#11, Re: Prov. 30:30; the next proven MYTH)

The Bible is founded on myths! 

My answer is the same as Kiahanie's answer in the same thread which can can be found in REPLY #10 of the thread: "IS THIS A MYTH?".

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,62726.msg821707.html#msg821707

So the question still remains: 

"How does Proverbs 30:25 & 30 show that the Bible is founded on myths?"

Respectfully

composer

Quote from: Francis on December 23, 2016, 10:04:58 PM

||think||

I & TS have proven they are founded upon MYTHS!

It comes as no surprise you refuse to accept that, apart from incoherently denying it!

I can only take the horse to water, but I can't make it (you & Co.) drink it! (Metaph')

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Do we humans sin because we are sinners, or are we sinners only because we commit sinful acts?

Spoiler
The former: we commit sinful acts because we are sinners.

"For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous." - Romans 5.
[close]

Francis

Quote from: composer on December 24, 2016, 01:32:31 AM

It comes as no surprise you refuse to accept that, apart from incoherently denying it!

I can only take the horse to water, but I can't make it (you & Co.) drink it! (Metaph')

You obviously didn't understand the answer I gave or the answer Kiahanie gave.

composer

Quote from: Francis on December 24, 2016, 11:45:29 PM
||think||

Meanwhile, Proverbs 30:25 & 30 remain proven MYTHS, upon which your Story book is founded! (cf. 1 & 2   shown below)

Let's get you to come clean and put your answers in a nutshell Francis!

Are Ants weak? Prov. 30:25 state they are!

Yes or No?

Let your word be 'Yes, yes' or 'No, no.' More than this is from the evil one. (Matt. 5:37) NET Story book

&

Do Lions never retreat from anyone? Prov. 30:30 state they do not!

Yes or No?

Let your word be 'Yes, yes' or 'No, no.' More than this is from the evil one. (Matt. 5:37) NET Story book

We can then compare the facts against your Yes Or No responses!

cf. 1. http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,62726.msg821636.html#msg821636 (IGI Thread: Is this a Myth?, Reply#4, Re: Prov. 30:25;  the proven MYTH)

||popcorn||

Francis

Quote from: composer on December 25, 2016, 12:21:25 AM

||think||

Meanwhile, Proverbs 30:25 & 30 remain proven MYTHS, upon which your Story book is founded! (cf. 1 & 2   shown below)

Yes or No?

&

Yes or No?

cf. 1. http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,62726.msg821636.html#msg821636 (IGI Thread: Is this a Myth?, Reply#4, Re: Prov. 30:25;  the proven MYTH)

You're still showing that you don't understand my answer or Kiahanie's answer.  How can we proceed when you don't even understand the answer you are given?

Respectfully

composer

Quote from: composer on December 25, 2016, 12:21:25 AM

||think||

Yes or No?

&

Yes or No?

Quote from: Francis on December 25, 2016, 12:33:27 AM
You're still showing that you don't understand my answer or Kiahanie's answer.  How can we proceed when you don't even understand the answer you are given?

Respectfully
||think||

As anticipated, your response is from the evil one!

Your own propaganda has exposed you and vindicated Moi!

||popcorn||

Francis

composer

Quote from: Francis on December 25, 2016, 12:57:33 AM
wow   ||Kerly||
||think||

Wow alright!

jebus said you & Co are  its rejects (1 John 3:6) & your true Master is your Devil (1 John 3:8) i.e. - the supposed evil one, and YOU reconfirmed what vindicated I already knew & YOU re-proved my vindicated findings based upon your own propaganda, also founded upon MYTHS!

||popcorn||

Francis

Quote from: composer on December 25, 2016, 01:37:32 AM
wow   ||Kerly||

Wow alright!

jebus said you & Co are  its rejects (1 John 3:6) & your true Master is your Devil (1 John 3:8) i.e. - the supposed evil one, and YOU reconfirmed what vindicated I already knew & YOU re-proved my vindicated findings based upon your own propaganda, also founded upon MYTHS!

who is jebus?  I looked in the Bible, and there is no mention of jebus, so I have no clue what you are talking about.

Anyway, you will believe what you want to believe no matter what anyone says.

Have a Merry Christmas.

composer

Quote from: composer on December 25, 2016, 01:37:32 AM
wow   ||Kerly||

Wow alright!

Quote from: Francis on December 25, 2016, 01:52:19 AM
who is jebus?  I looked in the Bible, and there is no mention of jebus, so I have no clue what you are talking about.
||think||

||spineyes||  ||spineyes|| You obviously couldn't work out  ||spineyes||  ||spineyes|| that jebus is the term I have consistently used here for years even in our past responses, that I use for your imaginary biblical miracle working person that rejected YOU (1 John 3:6) and exposed your true identity, as expressed by 1 John 3:8.

Anyway, you will apparently corruptly believe what you want to believe, no matter what the proven MYTH based bible says.

Your Vindicated Mentor, Saviour, Redeemer, Vindicated & Benevolent Moi!

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Can an unbeliever become a Christian without repentance?

Spoiler
No:

"From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, ?Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.? - Matthew 4.

"Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, ?Brothers, what shall we do?? And Peter said to them, ?Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2.
[close]

kevin

once saved, can a christian become un-saved?

Spoiler
The Ninth Proposition
Concerning Perseverance, and the Possibility of Falling from Grace.

Although this gift, and inward grace of God, be sufficient to work out salvation, yet in those in whom it is resisted it both may and doth become their condemnation.   

Moreover, in whom it hath wrought in part, to purify and sanctify them, in order to their further perfection, by disobedience such may fall from it, and turn it to wantonness, making shipwreck of faith; and after "having tasted of the heavenly gift, and been made partakers of the Holy Ghost, again fall away."   

Yet such an increase and stability in the truth may in this life be attained, from which there cannot be a total apostasy
[close]
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Francis

Quote from: kevin on December 25, 2016, 11:23:52 PM
once saved, can a christian become un-saved?

Spoiler
The Ninth Proposition
Concerning Perseverance, and the Possibility of Falling from Grace.

Although this gift, and inward grace of God, be sufficient to work out salvation, yet in those in whom it is resisted it both may and doth become their condemnation.   

Moreover, in whom it hath wrought in part, to purify and sanctify them, in order to their further perfection, by disobedience such may fall from it, and turn it to wantonness, making shipwreck of faith; and after "having tasted of the heavenly gift, and been made partakers of the Holy Ghost, again fall away."   

Yet such an increase and stability in the truth may in this life be attained, from which there cannot be a total apostasy
[close]

This is my personal opinion only and I understand I can be wrong.  I had always been a "once saved, always saved" (OSAS) believer.  But after listening to some thinkers that I admire... and looking at the evidence on both sides... I'm not a OSAS believer at this moment.  That could change of course.

So... once saved, I do believe that a Christian can become un-saved.  But it is not easy to become unsaved because of God's mercy and grace.

But I could be wrong.

eyeshaveit

"And now it is true that I am a redeemer.? - Ruth 3.

What are the qualifications of a 'kinsman redeemer'?

Spoiler
1 - He must be kin to the one needing redemption.

2 - He must be able to afford the price of redemption.

3 - He must be willing to pay the price.

"Yet there is a redeemer nearer than I. Remain tonight, and in the morning, if he will redeem you, good; let him do it. But if he is not willing to redeem you, then, as the Lord lives, I will redeem you." - Ruth 3.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Who are the 'Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse' described in Revelation 6?

Spoiler
God's judgment on his enemies:

1 - White - Birth pangs / Antichrist.

2 - Red - Divine judgment / Bloodshed.

3 - Black - Economic depression / Famine.

4 - Pale (sickly green) - Pestilence / Death.

"Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, ?Come!? And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.

When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, ?Come!? And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.

When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, ?Come!? And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, ?A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!?

When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, ?Come!? And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth." - Revelation 6.
[close]