News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Why is Satan a Workaholic: He takes no Vactions nor considers Retirement?

Started by eyeshaveit, May 24, 2016, 08:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." - 1 Peter 5

Why does Satan work so hard, knowing full well that he can't overcome his predetermined future; that his fate is sealed?
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

ak.yonathan

I think that is because he doesn't believe in suffering and pleasure and neither do I. If you believe in suffering and pleasure than you will believe that you don't have to experience suffering of any kind and you can instantly get what you want. However since the devil doesn't believe this he thinks that he has to work hard to gain pleasure. Sorry for not using Scripture, hadn't realized that this was Scripture studies.

Sent from my SM-T331 using Tapatalk

Teaspoon Shallow

Maybe this fictional character knows more about your god than you think and your assumptions are wrong? 
He assessed your god with actual evidence and found him repugnant and vile.

I think that verse is so funny, the devil prowls around looking for for someone to devour but as far as we know, he has only killed 10 people and that was because of a stupid bet he had with a stupid god.

Yet this god has killed and directed to kill countless.

How did you determine your god was the the good one and the devil is the evil one?
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Meat

Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 24, 2016, 08:36:30 AM
"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." - 1 Peter 5

Why does Satan work so hard, knowing full well that he can't overcome his predetermined future; that his fate is sealed?
Wait. Hillary is a he?  ||think||
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

bad actor

Well, first of all, according to the story book.... I don't think "Satan" is human, and doesn't need rest or vacations or breaks or any of those things that "humans" need. He can just work and work and work for ever...right?

Maybe this Satan, by knowing his predetermined future, knows he has only so much time to have his fun... You know, devil / demon fun as it is...Tempting humans and what not...

So, with limited time... (allowed by this so called loving god) who allows it.... Why not make the most of it... Plenty of time for other things later... Right now that the job that this loving god has given him, and apparently it's what old Satan loves to do... May as well get in as much temptation as time will allow...
Maybe the day had a s**tty you.

GratefulApe

Misery loves company.

Jstwebbrowsing

Anger.

"On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea,+ because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time."  (Rev 12:12)
Do not put your trust in princes nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.

Psalm 146:3

Teaspoon Shallow

If this devil has all of this power and wants to deceive the world, why not appear as the angel of light and gain actual followers?

Do the stuff Jesus did but bigger and better?
Then people would see a real supernatural god and more would be convinced than by silly stories about gods and demons.

I can think of one obvious reason but can you offer anything better?
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

ak.yonathan

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on May 28, 2016, 07:24:46 AM
If this devil has all of this power and wants to deceive the world, why not appear as the angel of light and gain actual followers?

Then people would see a real supernatural god and more would be convinced than by silly stories about gods and demons.

Some might say that he already has.

Teaspoon Shallow

That is a very good point.

Acts 9
3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, ?Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me??
5 And he said, ?Who are You, Lord??
Then the Lord said, ?I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.[a] It is hard for you to kick against the goads.?

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Maybe the Jews are right and Jesus is a fraud?  How would you know?

ak.yonathan

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on May 28, 2016, 07:51:22 AM
That is a very good point.

Acts 9
3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, ?Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me??
5 And he said, ?Who are You, Lord??
Then the Lord said, ?I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.[a] It is hard for you to kick against the goads.?

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Maybe the Jews are right and Jesus is a fraud?  How would you know?
I personally don't think that Jesus is God. I have tested this. I posed a challenge to him (Jesus) to stop me (a satanist) from entering his church. He was powerless to stop me. I have gone in and out of churches regularly, hell no one there even suspects that I'm a satanist. You could say that I've succeeded in embarassing Jesus Christ.

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: ak.yonathan on May 28, 2016, 08:34:43 AM
I personally don't think that Jesus is God. I have tested this. I posed a challenge to him (Jesus) to stop me (a satanist) from entering his church. He was powerless to stop me. I have gone in and out of churches regularly, hell no one there even suspects that I'm a satanist. You could say that I've succeeded in embarassing Jesus Christ.

Or Jesus did not want to take you up on that offer and wanted you in his church....... ||decision||
Or a multitude of other reasons.

ak.yonathan

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on May 28, 2016, 11:48:05 AM
Quote from: ak.yonathan on May 28, 2016, 08:34:43 AM

Or Jesus did not want to take you up on that offer and wanted you in his church....... ||decision||
Or a multitude of other reasons.
Hmmm, interesting, I suppose next he's going to allow a satanist into heaven. If he is, I'm refusing.

Jstwebbrowsing

Satanism is the worship of one's self.  One cannot do that and at the same time worship another entity. 
Do not put your trust in princes nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.

Jstwebbrowsing

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on May 28, 2016, 10:23:54 PM

Satanism is the worship of one's self.  One cannot do that and at the same time worship another entity.

Please note I am not talking about a ritualistic type worship of one's self.

QuestionMark

Satanism is an English word. It can mean whatever English speakers want it to mean.

On the other hand, the LORD Jesus clearly stated Satan is a heavenly being:

The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, ?Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!? And he said to them, ?I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.?
καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει

Teaspoon Shallow

Way to avoid answering either of the two questions.  Why bother quoting me at all?

Regarding your quote, Jehovah's witnesses used to worship both Jehovah and Jesus Christ.
Are you telling me that was impossible?

What about the polytheists, is it impossible for them to worship their many gods?

Airyaman

Peter wrote that long ago, Satan died.
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Airyaman on May 29, 2016, 11:18:29 AM

You are getting ahead of his-story,

"... and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." - Revelation 20

Airyaman

Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 29, 2016, 11:38:03 AM

"... and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." - Revelation 20

There appear to be some who say the Revelation was already fulfilled long ago. Since we are talking about ancient scripture, who is to say if this is indeed not the case?
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Jstwebbrowsing

Quote from: QuestionMark on May 29, 2016, 02:55:38 AM
Satanism is an English word. It can mean whatever English speakers want it to mean.

On the other hand, the LORD Jesus clearly stated Satan is a heavenly being:

The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, ?Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!? And he said to them, ?I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.?

I was not trying to say that he isn't.  It's been many years since I studied Satanism, but from what I remember only some fringe groups directly worship Satan as a person.  It's more about "self-enlightment" type things.  That's why one can be both atheist and a Satanist. 

From a biblical perpective it seems to be mix of the two.  In the account of Christ's temptation, he wanted Christ to do an act of worship, although it's not clear what he meant.  In the account of Adam and Eve, rather than trying to get them to do a direct act of worship toward him, Satan tempted them to put themselves first so that they could "be like God" themselves.

At least when I studied it, about 20 years ago, the core of Satanism was basically to [in my own words] "be like God" rather than directly worshiping the person of Satan.  This form of Satanism appears to more closely imitate Satan.   

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Airyaman on May 29, 2016, 12:54:07 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 29, 2016, 11:38:03 AM

There appear to be some who say the Revelation was already fulfilled long ago. Since we are talking about ancient scripture, who is to say if this is indeed not the case?

Probably not a 'non-believer' like yourself, eh?

Jstwebbrowsing

Jstwebbrowsing

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on May 29, 2016, 03:29:16 AM

Way to avoid answering either of the two questions.  Why bother quoting me at all?

Regarding your quote, Jehovah's witnesses used to worship both Jehovah and Jesus Christ.
Are you telling me that was impossible?

What about the polytheists, is it impossible for them to worship their many gods?

Worshiping other gods and worshiping yourself is not the same thing.  Worshiping one's self means to put your will above all else.  One cannot do that and at the same time put the will of another god above your own (worship).

Ragarding your first post, I don't know.  My best answer would be that such disobedient spirits have not been allowed to materialize since the flood of Noah.

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on May 29, 2016, 05:27:52 PM
Worshiping other gods and worshiping yourself is not the same thing.  Worshiping one's self means to put your will above all else.  One cannot do that and at the same time put the will of another god above your own (worship).

Why?
Why does worshipping "X" mean you put it above "Y" that you also worship?
Did Jehovah's Witnesses worship Jehovah above Jesus?

Is it impossible to worship a good equal to or more than yourself?

Quote from: JstRagarding your first post, I don't know.  My best answer would be that such disobedient spirits have not been allowed to materialize since the flood of Noah.

How did you formulate this answer Jst?

Jstwebbrowsing

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on May 30, 2016, 09:47:34 AM
Why?

I don't know what JWs did.

It is impossible to serve two masters.

QuoteHow did you formulate this answer Jst?

For one because there is no appearance of them after the flood.  The other reason is because of the scripture's reference to them being bound with "eternal bonds" (Jude 1:6)

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on May 30, 2016, 11:33:52 PM
Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on May 30, 2016, 09:47:34 AM
Why?

1. I don't know what JWs did.

2. It is impossible to serve two masters.

My numbering

1. You did not know that JWs worshipped Jesus or you don't know how it is possible for them to do it. 

2. We were talking about worship, not serving.  I would like to stick to the one subject for now if that is OK.  We can come back to this once we are done with worship if that is OK with you.

Quote from: ="Jst"
Quote from: TSHow did you formulate this answer Jst?

For one because there is no appearance of them after the flood.  The other reason is because of the scripture's reference to them being bound with "eternal bonds" (Jude 1:6)

This looks like a fun story to unpack. 
Did Jesus not encounter demons possessing people? 
That was after this flood was it not?
How could they have done this if they were being bound with eternal bonds?

LDS1

Like one post said misery loves company.

But there is much more going on. Mormon doctrine concerning Satan's origin and role is unique. I'll give an outline without taking the time and space to reference scriptures.

God the Father created spirit children. He is the Father of all spirits, i.e., Jesus Christ, Lucifer/Satan, you and me.

We lived with the Father before we were born; known as the pre-earth life.

There God instituted laws and the plan of salvation (Plan) where one can progress become like Him. We were free to obey or disobey.

To put into effect the Plan required a Savior/Redeemer. God asked whom shall I send. Two offered. The first was Jesus who responded by saying send me and the glory be thine forever. The second was Lucifer/Satan who said send me and the glory be mine and he also offered up a different plan which would take away our right to choose, where Lucifer/Satan would destroy the agency of man, force all into obedience, and save all so none would be lost, and his reward would be the glory of the Father.

The Father choose Jesus, Lucifer/Satan rebelled a there was a war in heaven,   and Lucifer/Satan and 1/3 of the hosts of heaven fell. That is how the devil and his angels came to be and why their hatred of God is so furious and constant.

The 2/3 of the host of heaven that accepted the Father's plan and accepted Jesus Christ, where given the privilege of coming to earth to get a body.

Satan and his angels are denied bodies. So they war against God and seek to destroy man.

... The short version...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk