News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Blog Revamp

Started by Mooby the Golden Sock, December 12, 2015, 12:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooby the Golden Sock

Hey everyone,

IGI fan Tif has been trying to get the blog up and running again for the holidays and is even running our Facebook page, too!  She's actually a professional freelance writer who is graciously lending her talents to write exciting blog posts about... erm... noodle rings?

Anyways, be sure to check out the blog and see what you think.  And if anyone would like to donate to Tif so she can keep writing for us, be sure to stop by the donations page.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Gnu Ordure

Who the heck is TiF?

And why should we give her money?  ||unsure||

Emily

The blog layout itself could use a revamping. It's too much of a generic wordpress theme.

Tif

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on December 12, 2015, 01:48:58 AM
Who the heck is TiF?

And why should we give her money?  ||unsure||

Hi! I'm Tif  ||wink|| And no ones saying that you have to give me anything. That said, the more I receive the more I'll be able to do (time isn't free, etc.).

Quote from: Emily on December 12, 2015, 11:03:08 AM
The blog layout itself could use a revamping. It's too much of a generic wordpress theme.

I agree with you 100%! But a complete revamp is relatively time-consuming. And as much as I wish that I had all the time in the world to donate, I sadly do not. Self-employment isn't nearly as easy as it looks; I'll put as much time as I can in (after all, the success of IGI is important to a lot of people), but donations make it easier to dedicate more time.

Either way, I'll continue writing for the time being (I'll even start posting links to the posts here on the forum so that folks know when there's a new one) and hopefully start driving some new traffic this way. If you guys have ideas for future posts, either shoot me a message or leave them in this thread (where I'm most likely to see them).

I look forward to getting to know you guys! Have a great day  ||smiley||

none

happy zombie day TIF........................ ||tip hat||
the candle can only be lit so many times.

eyeshaveit

And today is the one hundred year anniversary of Frank Sinatra's birth. Is the blog covering Old Blue Eyes?
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Emily

Hiya, Tif.

Quote from: Tif on December 12, 2015, 05:02:54 PM
I agree with you 100%! But a complete revamp is relatively time-consuming.

Well, if you take over the blog and would like a redesign of the layout, I could whip something out for you. I know wordpress and html/css/php.

QuoteSelf-employment isn't nearly as easy as it looks;

Yeah, I bet. I tried doing self-employed IT work but I wasn't bringing enough in. My husband's a self-employed carpenter and he can sometimes work on a project for 12 or more hours a day just to finish on time, and then go weeks without too much work. Seems like a pain in the ass to me, but I'm sure it's rewarding also.

Good luck.  ||smiley||

Tif

Quote from: eyeshaveit on December 12, 2015, 07:24:03 PM
And today is the one hundred year anniversary of Frank Sinatra's birth. Is the blog covering Old Blue Eyes?

We totally could have! Unfortunately I didn't see this until now.

Quote from: Emily on December 12, 2015, 10:03:40 PM
Well, if you take over the blog and would like a redesign of the layout, I could whip something out for you. I know wordpress and html/css/php.
If you're willing to donate the time, I'd definitely appreciate it!

And thanks for the warm welcome, folks! :)

Kiahanie

You need a karma, Tif. +1/  Welcome.  We have a thread Introduce Yourself, if you would like to.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,