News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Blog topics: What do you want from me?

Started by Snakesandsuns, February 06, 2013, 11:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snakesandsuns

So as the resident polytheist-pantheist weirdo what topics would you like to see covered in my blog entries? I have some ideas of my own but having some input from people would be nice since I am used to being in my own little theological bubble and don?t know what other people don?t know about or are curious about.
"All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, whom none equals. He who hides his name as Amun, he appears to the face as Re, his body is Ptah." ~ Leiden hymns

Maggie the Opinionated

If someone asks you a question, you could answer it, if you wished to. But I had in mind that you would bring your unique perspective to the usual religious questions, e.g. what, if anything, does sin mean in KO? Are there equivalents of heaven and hell in KO? Why were we created? That sort of thing. I am guessing that subjects would suggest themselves as we do our daily forum thing. So for instance, we have a thread going on about why sex is pleasurable. I don't say that you have to answer such things but if reading a thread suggests something to you, go for it.

The other thing is that we have at least 3 gun threads going. If that subject interests you, write about it! If you are a photographer like Mrs. Pumpkin you could showcase a few photos, say why they are meaningful to you and link that blog post to our photo thread (which really is a dazzler thanks to Mrs. P, God's Promise and Jaded Pulse too.) Got pets? Well, we have pet threads.

In other words, we don't love you just because you are different! ||wink||  You have opinions on lots of stuff. Share 'em!

Lillium

How about an informational piece on what pantheism, or panentheism, is and maybe discuss some common misconceptions about it, maybe?

Or, talk about how pantheism is different than regular theism.
Meow?

kevin

i want to know how pagans from different pagan traditions relate to each other.

i'm asking because pagans are so diverse, yet many seem to associate with each other as if they had something in common.

what do they have in common? or not?
anytime an atheist says that somebody else is wrong, or has some sort of inferior way of looking at the world, its reasonable to ask on what basis they are making that judgement. if they have no answer, you can disregard what they say -- tom terrific

Airyaman

I would like to hear how you feel certain that the gods you worship are real, and how you have experienced them. Also, and it can be part of the same blog post, it would be fascinating to read about your beliefs towards the gods of other religions.

I used to lurk a bit over at beliefnet.com when they had all sorts of forums for different religions. I would scour through them to try to see how people of other religions knew their god(s) were real. Some would also state they had actually met (or encountered) the Christian god. Most said that he was cold and indifferent to them, as if he was simply tolerant of them since they had chosen other gods.

Oh, and if you read some of my many other posts on here when I go after biblical stuff, don't worry that I am setting you up for a bunch of hard questions. I tend to keep quiet when offering my opinion about any religion besides one because I do not know enough to criticize them. I really only know one religion very well, and mostly one particular style (conservative evangelical). So you are safe. I just want to read about the above because I find it fascinating against the back drop of my prior religion.

Thanks!
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Snakesandsuns

Quote from: kevin on February 08, 2013, 03:00:21 AM
i want to know how pagans from different pagan traditions relate to each other.

i'm asking because pagans are so diverse, yet many seem to associate with each other as if they had something in common.

what do they have in common? or not?

Ugh... You don't know it but right now that is actually a sorer spot right now.

Heck somebody compiled a list of all the drama going on right now on who and who isn't a pagan: http://allergicpagan.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/your-one-stop-shop-for-pagan-polytheist-controversy/

Which as resulted in wondrous things like this: http://thehouseofvines.com/2013/02/01/what-do-you-expect-satyrs-gotta-sate/

I might consider it after the latest OMFG DRRRAAAAMMMMAAAA!!!!1!! dies out.  ||Kerly||
"All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, whom none equals. He who hides his name as Amun, he appears to the face as Re, his body is Ptah." ~ Leiden hymns

Snakesandsuns

Quote from: Lillium on February 08, 2013, 12:13:47 AM
How about an informational piece on what pantheism, or panentheism, is and maybe discuss some common misconceptions about it, maybe?

Or, talk about how pantheism is different than regular theism.

That is actually on the docket as soon as spring gets around and I can take some pictures outside.

Snakesandsuns

Quote from: Airyaman on February 08, 2013, 03:14:52 AM
I would like to hear how you feel certain that the gods you worship are real, and how you have experienced them. Also, and it can be part of the same blog post, it would be fascinating to read about your beliefs towards the gods of other religions.

I used to lurk a bit over at beliefnet.com when they had all sorts of forums for different religions. I would scour through them to try to see how people of other religions knew their god(s) were real. Some would also state they had actually met (or encountered) the Christian god. Most said that he was cold and indifferent to them, as if he was simply tolerant of them since they had chosen other gods.

Oh, and if you read some of my many other posts on here when I go after biblical stuff, don't worry that I am setting you up for a bunch of hard questions. I tend to keep quiet when offering my opinion about any religion besides one because I do not know enough to criticize them. I really only know one religion very well, and mostly one particular style (conservative evangelical). So you are safe. I just want to read about the above because I find it fascinating against the back drop of my prior religion.

Thanks!

I sure I can work in some stuff about my god experiences and my experiences with other peoples deities and religions.

I really don?t mind hard questions, actually it would be kinda fun. It?s not like my religion is above criticism, it has its faults just as anything else. Problem being though it?s not like we have a holy book people can take quotes out of or anything like that.