IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Emotional Therapy Group

Started by Augusto, July 26, 2015, 10:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augusto

So... I read this topic:

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,60840.msg781206.html#new

and I already know a few people over here have/had some emotional problems. Since I'm going to be here over 1.5 months on daily basis I'd like to make an open offer: a private group in which people can share their emotional situation (it doesn't matter if you are under medication or seeing a professional).

The goal is simple: I think I can help a wide variety of cases by means of logical premises destined to control the emotional flow. The idea of a private group is to help keeping personal things private.

I'm confident in being capable of helping, being a person who experienced a lot of emotional punishment in the past and learned to handle it by myself to the point of being now a happy person, regardless of any negative circumstance.

Depression, sadness and stress are common things, but it's possible to learn how to avoid them.

urs

Sounds like you have taught yourself a bit of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It is actually very effective - it seems to help improve mood at about the same rates, or higher, than standard anti-depressants and anxiety meds.

Augusto

I just investigated the concept. It is similar but not exactly the same.

I think I can help others to understand their emotional experiences and shut down those who are perjuditial, avoiding or even correcting serious emotional estates. This technique, however, would potentially influence thinking in general, making the person more free from social conditioning than the average human being.

It's a whole different way to perceive reality based in Thought, Emotion and Behavior, and even when I'm not planning to share the particular details of my theory, I can put in regular, logical and practical words what anyone needs to achieve peace and happiness regardless of their circumstances.

You can see it this way: I'm a new messiah seeking for disciples. If you don't mind me being "different" and are willing to open your eyes to an entirely different approach to reality, you are a good candidate for this group.

It's free...! ||grin||

Augusto

So, what caused people to decline such a good proposition?

a) Shame to share their personal situation.
b) Laziness in front of something they asumed should be complicated.
c) Fear to fail.
d) Incredulity toward the method.
e) Personal dislike toward me for saying things like I'm a messiah.

Granted. I post really nasty stuff, I do notice it, you know? And I tell to myself: "Whatever, this should motivate some replies". In this case, after reading it again, I felt a little bit embarased. I don't know what's wrong with me, I just don't have a very good social filter to always say what people want to hear the way they want to hear it.

Eitherway, I recognize it's my fault that nobody accepted my proposition. I'm sorry, the messiah bit was kind of a joke, but I really suck at it. I'M SORRY I BLEW IT.

Not asking for people to accept my late apology and join this group, I'm just saying I'm sorry, okay?

Kusa

Quote from: Augusto on August 02, 2015, 02:28:59 PM
So, what caused people to decline such a good proposition?

a) Shame to share their personal situation.
b) Laziness in front of something they asumed should be complicated.
c) Fear to fail.
d) Incredulity toward the method.
e) Personal dislike toward me for saying things like I'm a messiah.

f) Not wanting to share personal details with a weirdo.

Augusto

Kusa

Ok I've reconsidered your offer and I need some emotional therapy.

The source of my duress is the people that have lashed out against me here in the form of smites. Tell me how to get my self esteem back up.

Augusto

Lol, you're just playing nice.

Okay, thanks eitherway. I really wanted to share this thing. Truth is I don't need to know anything about you to explain you and guide you into a better life. However, it's up to you (or anyone) if my words end up being useful or not.

The promise: Your whole life could be one in which sadness, anger, depresion and all the negative emotions present rarely and when they do they will not last too long, so you will mainly experience happiness and peace.

The process: You need to think of this as a learning and practicing process that demands time. It's not actually hard and should be interesting, but it's up to you to "pass" the class or "fail" it. I can only share information.

The guarantee: I have a strong corpus of theory and two cases of success (me and my wife), one better than the other, so results might vary.

The approach: You don't really need to study anything. What I will say can be seen as cheap phylosophy or "things everyone know", however, reality shows people simply don't use it. If you abandon the excepticism and keep away a possible supercritical attitude, the learning process would be simply reading some simple stuff and seeking for an opportunity to put it in practice in real life. The results should be noticeable.

---

So, thinking is the key... first comes first: you are living a delusion, a bunch of lies, because of social indoctrination and lack of knowledge. In order to be happier you need to embrace truth and to become good at managing your brain.

Smites... your mother hates you, your son died... whatever... you need to start seeing things in the REAL scenario:

http://htwins.net/scale2/

Think about it, and please share your thoughts, but overall, THINK.

What I'm offering is basically a mental reconfiguration and that's not an easy task. You need to use your brain. The information on this first link can and should be applied on regular basis when thinking about anything. You job, your family, your social relationships, your level of study, your intelligence, as well as the overall status of anyone and anything else.

If you find a disgusting situation and feel angry or sad, think about this information.

See? It looks obvious and very simple. I cannot convince you or anyone else to take it seriously. Most likely you will refuse it on an emotional ground (possibly you will experience laziness). Let me know if you are still interested.

Everyone is welcome to participate.

Kusa

I'm still a bit lost. Could you elaborate?

Augusto

You, your problems and your achievements are absolutely insignificant in time and space. You are designed to think you're important and you are designed to care about everything that have anything to do with you.

The link I provided you shows the size of existence.

The idea is that you start to understand your own insignificance and how your brain works to fool you on daily basis. Basically, the next time you get a smite, try putting the smite (or any other problem) in the real context = time and space.

Again, this is not self help. You need to really pay attention to that link and use that information on daily basis, if possible, with hypothetical situations as well. Put yourself, put your mother, put your grandfather... put your whole family in it and think about the importance of humanity. That's all you need to do... and the person who is smitting you, don't forget to put him/her there too... in the scale of the universe.

Also, try writting a short essay about it and share it. Try writing something original about this scale and humans, and share. I would love reading your thoughts.

||think||

Kusa

Augusto

I don't like that word and I don't think it really works to explain this particular case.

Do you know why the idea of karma (you deserve what happens to you because of something you did, and if you didn't do anything, you still did it on a previous life) is so popular? Because it's useful, even if it's a fabricated system. The functional part is that is is incredibly easier to accept something unfair happened to you because it wasn't unfair after all.

This principle is part of the tools you can use when dealing with a difficult situation, from a different angle based on truth rather than religious ideas tho, but the point is that the first argument I offered you, about the size of existence, cannot really make you feel small or insignificant. You will always be the center of your universe and the most important part of it, to yourself. What this argument can do is to create a conscience that allows you to ignore situations on the basis of reason.

- This event won't be remembered by anyone in a few days/months/years.
- My problems are not really that big, and I'm still breathing.
- We all are made of space dust, we all are energy, we never really dissapear.
- Einstein/Obama/??? is not really intimidating when seen from the right perspective.

And so on...

I want to tank you for this opportunity. I thought that transmitting this kind of knowledge would be pretty easy but you showed me it's not the case. I judge it easy because I already reconfigured my mental maps, my way of thinking, but if I am going to be honest to myself, it might have taken me many more years than what I thought.

So, I think I'm gonna save this ideas for a future book. Maybe it will be easier if people can bomb themselves with tons and tons of pages, rather than posts. Also the language barrier and the possibility of questioning my arguments makes things harder... plus, I will be away from the forum for a long time in about 20 days, so it's pretty obvious that I cannot help anyone to approach reality from an entirely different perspective in so little time.

But I wouldn't know this if wasn't because of you, so... thanks a lot!

Kusa

First of all I'd like to thank you for for this thread. I misjudged your intentions at first but I see that you genuinely want to help others cope with things.

Second, why are you going to leave us in 20 days?

Augusto

It's complicated. I use IGI on vacation time only.

whatever

Augusto, I do not read much of what you write because you are a drama queen  & you have never accepted  that your arguments against Muslims/Islam were baseless.
I doubt you are really a writer.
"Certitude is not evidence of truth. Nor does repetition make it true. If anything, repetition should make you suspicious. Truth always stands up to scrutiny on its merits."
― Steven Hassan PhD

Kusa

Well I think Augusto is a decent fellow.

Islam however, sucks pig balls.

whatever

Quote from: Kusa on August 06, 2015, 01:03:57 AM
Well I think Augusto is a decent fellow.

Islam however, sucks pig balls.

Because Christianity & Judaism are so much better.  If you are an atheist, how can you single out Islam as the worst  religion when Christianity  has taken over the US govt? How many Atheists are in the Senate?

Why is creationism  being taught in public schools?
Which religion is making life a living hell for gays, atheists, transgender  women, children, undocumented immigrants, the poor &
the middle class?
Which group committed genocide against Native Americans?
Which group put Blacks in chains in this country?
Which group defended segregation?
Have you forgotten that Christians have committed more crimes than any other religion in History?

http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/gaa_slavery.htm

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
1 Peter 2:18 (NIV)"

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/15/where_the_bible_really_stands_on_slavery_partner/

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/23/the_insane_lie_about_slavery_that_christian_conservatives_are_spreading_partner/

As for Augusto, he spouts bigoted nonsense about all Muslims & Islam. I have no respect for him.
  ||Kerly|| ||Kerly|| ||Kerly|| ||Kerly||
"Certitude is not evidence of truth. Nor does repetition make it true. If anything, repetition should make you suspicious. Truth always stands up to scrutiny on its merits."
― Steven Hassan PhD

Kusa

Quote from: whatever on August 06, 2015, 01:13:15 AM
Because Christianity & Judaism are so much better.  If you are an atheist, how can you single out Islam as the worst  religion when Christianity  has taken over the US govt? How many Atheists are in the Senate?

Because Muslims cut your f**king head off for being an infidel.

Why is creationism  being taught in public schools?
Because religious people like to spread their faith like a disease.
Which religion is making life a living hell for gays, atheists, transgender  women, children, undocumented immigrants, the poor &
the middle class?
Christians and Muslims. However the Muslims kill the gays, atheists, transgenders.
Which group committed genocide against Native Americans?
Christians. (Muslims commit genocide too)
Which group put Blacks in chains in this country?
Christians. Don't forget that the Muslims were the first in history to enslave the blacks.
Which group defended segregation?
Happens everywhere.
Have you forgotten that Christians have committed more crimes than any other religion in History?
Ok. What's your point? I'm really more concerned about what is going on now.

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
1 Peter 2:18 (NIV)"
f**k the bible.

Newsflash. I am not a Christian.

As for Augusto, he spouts bigoted nonsense about all Muslims & Islam. I have no respect for him.
Oh well. Islam is f**ked up. Allah is a pig f**ker and Muhammad was a pedophile.

Augusto

So much rage... I didn't know I had a hater.

Yes, I do particularly hate islam the most. My reasoning is that "crazy christianism" is sort of in the past, and while catholic priests still like to rape children from time to time, AT LEAST THEY DONT MARRY THEM...!

Still pretty proud of being islamophobic, because slavery against africans ended up a couple of centuries ago and gay people are increasingly free to do as they wish, while in islamic countries they are hanged to death.

I'm intellectually happy with being an islamophobic because I have a mother and two sisters, and I love my wife, so I'm totally not cool about discrimination, rape, beat, mutilation and social anihilation of women, who happen to be half the world population.

I will not change my mind, unless you can prove me I'm wrong. If you can't, then keep your "everything is relative" bulls**t to yourself.

Augusto

@whatever, you know, your blind and ridiculous "defense" of Islam (originally consisting 100% in personal attacks toward me, then 100% attacks toward christianity) really got my attention. Such technique and style, such deep thinking exhibition and such passion deserves my full respect... not.

Image removed Moderator 11

Actually, I think it is about time to create another thread about islamism.

Thanks for reminding me...! ||tip hat||