News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

All credible evidence points to the resurrection of Jesus as a historical event

Started by QuestionMark, January 15, 2015, 01:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuestionMark

I think you wore yourself down with misdirection. I was constantly having to organize your thoughts for you. You want to respond to everything that I say without getting the point.

The point is the exact same sources that prove there were Christians in the middle of the first century also prove that Jesus rose from the dead.

But you're ok with using those sources to prove there were Christians, but not that there was a Christ. And of course you wouldn't say it that way, but you don't make the logical connection. If Jesus wasn't raised from the dead there is no good reason you'd find Christians in the middle of the first century.

Other religions spread by secrecy, lies, violence, or money. Christianity had nothing going for it but the truth. But you never consider the sources, so when I forced you to consider the source, that is the exact moment you quit.
καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει

Airyaman

Quote from: QuestionMark on January 28, 2015, 03:28:02 PM
The point is the exact same sources that prove there were Christians in the middle of the first century also prove that Jesus rose from the dead.

The existence of a follower of a religion is plausible. We know this because we have billions of examples even today.

Fantasy events, like resurrection, are not plausible. We know this because we have zero examples even today.
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

QuestionMark

I have a two volume work published by a tenured professor at a major american university, documented miracles.

You may have zero examples of such 'fantasy' events, but I have examples.

Airyaman

Quote from: QuestionMark on January 29, 2015, 07:15:33 PM
I have a two volume work published by a tenured professor at a major american university, documented miracles.

You may have zero examples of such 'fantasy' events, but I have examples.

Documented by whom, and verified by whom? And were they the same level as a resurrection?
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

QuestionMark

Airyaman

QuestionMark

Airyaman

You must have been jovial the whole thread, because I never could take anything you said seriously.

QuestionMark

That's exactly what I'm talking about. One minute, the Bible contains no history, the next minute it certainly does, the next minute it depends on the opinion of historians, the next minute you quit.

Your not taking things seriously has nothing to do with me.

Airyaman

^^ Bulls**t statement, and not backed up by reality. I had to correct you with almost every response, and that is why I finally gave up. It was just not worth it.

QuestionMark

Of course you had to correct me, your opinion is a constantly moving target. Anyone following you needs continuous course corrections.

Airyaman

Demonstrate the truthfulness of "That's exactly what I'm talking about. One minute, the Bible contains no history, the next minute it certainly does, the next minute it depends on the opinion of historians, the next minute you quit."

You will not be able to, because that is not how it went down in this thread. More dishonesty from yourself, which seems to be your standard tactic on these boards.

QuestionMark

The non history was before the thread, just a few comments before on your post list. The rest was in the thread.

I don't really care about your twisted perspective of what you believe.

It's a long winding road that goes nowhere.

Airyaman

You don't care, because you cannot defend your statement. If you could, you would. But you'd rather hide behind your dishonest tactics.

If anyone beyond QM cares to defend his statements in the commentary thread, feel free to do so. That way we can show QM is not being dishonest, since he doesn't care to defend himself.

Please show that:

1) I ever said the bible contains no history.
2) I ever said that it depends on historians as to if there is any history in the bible.

Should be easy, only two items.

QuestionMark

Why don't you just ask me nicely instead of acting like I'm under some kind of moral demand to continue talking to you after I've walloped you in debate.

Airyaman

Why ask you nicely? You are the one making statements you can't back up. That you can't is enough for all to see.

QuestionMark

I can back them up, I've made a text file just for you, in case you ever learn some manners and ask nicely.

Airyaman

Well then you've wasted your time. You make false statements about what I've said that you can't back and you now want me to ask you nicely to defend them? Your arrogance is reaching newer levels.