Main Menu

LSR

Started by kevin, December 22, 2014, 08:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

dare to know.

kevin

we re going to maine

ive reserved motel room for the event. 1183 miles north.

we hold the MPG650/4 record with my 1965 triumph at 135 mph, and the kids hold the 250 puroduction and pure production records at around 109 mph.

we're going to see if we can do better
dare to know.

kevin

wr re in maine.

left yestetday morning, drove about 550 miles yesterday and 550 today

tomorrow i drive another 60 to pick up our gasoline and then back for safety inspectoion.

thursday i jet the carbs for the new fuel ive never run, and the kids can get sorted.

friday and saturday its showtime
dare to know.

Tom

Well, what did happen? Please do not leave us in suspense.

kevin

lol

anticlimactic

the two boys pushed the little ninja to 106 mph, a near-record speed two years ago but slower than the lighter girls did. th enumber three son was a newbi and did very well.

i had a hell of a time with the new fuel. bike ran well enough with it

but i couldnt get enough fuel into the carbs. people told me to expect to go up six or eight sizes on th ejets, but i went up nine and still could find rich. i finally borrowed some drill bits and started just hogging jets out oversize. eventually at 47 percent larger mains i found rich, then backed down to a smaller size.

even with the carbs clean though, i couldnt get any faster than 121. ried advancing the spark and the bike went slower. retarded the spark and it speeded back up. mostly the problem was that whatever power boost i got from oxygenated fuel wasnt at the top end where i needed it, so th ebke would speed up rapidly to 120 and then just stay there. so im going to drop the gearing back down, maybe switch back to the smaller wheels with more gearing options, and go again next year. in the meantime illl take off the ancient magneto and fit the electronic magnetic-triggered ignition ive had for several years. so we'll go back and see. im still faster than anybody else running a similar machne.

dare to know.

kevin

dare to know.

kevin

one of my sons running 98 on the mile

dare to know.

kevin

and of course the fast people were lots faster than us

records there are 311 mph for motorcycles and almost 270 for cars

dare to know.

Tom

kevin

i have a gopro of one of the sons looking through the windshield and ill post it as soon as i excise 4 minutes of waiting in line
dare to know.