News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Member Groups

Started by Admin Moo, January 03, 2014, 04:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Moo

WHAT IS A MEMBER GROUP?

Member groups are private boards where members with like-minded interests can have private discussions.  While these discussions are covered by the Rules and Etiquette, it is important to note that group membership does not automatically include staff members and thus these groups rely a bit more on self-policing.  See also the FAQ entries on member groups.

You can see a list of your groups on the My Member Groups board.

HOW DO I START A NEW MEMBER GROUP?

Members can organize new member groups on the Request A Member Group board.  Groups can be about virtually any subject, provided they do not obviously violate the forum's goals.  Examples include (but are not limited to) groups that encourage violating forum rules and groups made for the express purpose of mocking/excluding a specific member.

Once enough members have been recruited, the prospective group members can request the group be created.  The normal cutoff for new groups is 12 members.  Groups with less than 12 members may be approved by special request at the admins' discretion.

HOW DO I JOIN AN EXISTING MEMBER GROUP?

You can join an existing member group by asking permission from the current group members.  They will then discuss it and vote on it for up to 1 week before giving a response.  If you are approved, they will need to contact a staff member to have you added.  You can see the existing member groups on the Join A Member Group board.

HOW DO I LEAVE A MEMBER GROUP?

If you wish to leave a member group, notify a staff member.  They will then remove you from the group.

CAN I <INSERT SPECIAL REQUEST>

Maybe.  It never hurts to ask.