Started by Moderator 09, November 20, 2013, 04:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meat

"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Meat

BTW I think Mooby is a cool dude but he needs to relax as well.

Jay

Quote from: urs on November 21, 2013, 04:44:14 AM
Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on November 21, 2013, 04:15:58 AM
^^ That's exactly the sort of thing we don't want here.  There's no doubt in my mind that we made the right decision.  ||wink||

I may have just accidentally smited this. DAMNED IPHONE!!!!

Sorry. Can you unsmite it for me?
lol
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Jay

BTW meat.  I dont think anyone was glad to do this.

I know I was not happy about it.  That is not to say I dont support the decision, I do support it 100%.  But happy or glad about it?  Nope. 

I would rather it had not been necessary.  That....would have made me happy.

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: Meat on November 21, 2013, 03:34:20 AM
MaggieO hammered me a few times. The typed words meant little to me. I chose to read them. This place would be a total dump without certain characters. How about everyone give their head a big shake and relax a little. Meat. :)
How condescending of you, Meat.

Actually, we have shaken our heads, and we're totally relaxed, and the decision is that Maggie is out of here.

I appreciate that you don't like the mods' decision because you and Maggie are friends.

Meat

^Oh wow you decided to communicate with me for once? Cool !

Shawna

^  Phew!  And I was worried that there wouldn't be any more drama with Maggie gone!

Thanks, guys!   ||popcorn||
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

Tom

Has she actually left the building yet?  Or has she left her spirit lying around to infect the next drama "Queen" on this site.

I cerntainly hope so. 

I mean, I hope she has left the building and taken everything with her.

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on November 21, 2013, 05:36:53 AM
I appreciate that you don't like the mods' decision because you and Maggie are friends.

That's just dumb.  Even those who are not fans of Maggie's will admit that she had her share of positive contributions here. 

I haven't personally been around a ton lately, so I don't know all the specifics of the ban, but I do know that  her posts that I saw over the last few weeks did seem to be degenerating into something less than in the past.  However, over the years she has reached out to me several times when I needed it, and whenever I was absent for a while she'd PM me to see if everything was all right.  She proved to me that she has a kind heart, and is smart and funny to boot. 

As I'm sure she'll be back one day (or we'll cross paths somewhere else) - I'm sharing a Maggie-appropriate good bye   ||smiley||

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Inertialmass

Quote from: Tom on November 21, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
...I mean, I hope she has left the building and taken everything with her.

She left behind a karma smite or two.
God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

Shawna

Oh, there are other people who smite.

MeAgain smites Deep, Silent, Fast, and Deadly.

Most of the others admit it when they smite.....
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

Jay

lol, we have a whole group devoted to smiting.  Although it never did become 'official' as far as I know. 

oh, and Maggie was never a member.  ;)

<<bastard here!!  http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,50092.0.html

meAgain

Quote from: Shawna on November 22, 2013, 02:18:02 PM

What?  I?ve never denied any smites I?ve given.  I do however, like the idea of knowing my smites are considered deep ? how I have accomplished that I?m not sure ? but way cool! 

I didn?t know we had to inform someone when we?ve smited them ? did I miss a rule? 

kevin

Quote from: meAgain on November 22, 2013, 05:42:17 PM

I didn?t know we had to inform someone when we?ve smited them ? did I miss a rule? 

hi meagain

out of curiosity, i opened this post^^^.

no, you don't have to inform people when you smite. but your habit is to return to a thread over and over and over, just to smite the same post or the same people, over and over and over, all without submitting a comment yourself.

when you do this, you reveal that you are not motivated by an interest in discussing the subject matter, just in striking out at people you disagree with.

there is no rule against this.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Emily

I used to be a non-smiting member until the thread that got Maggie all worked up. Then I smote her a few times. Some of the smites given out were given because Maggie smote a post that just should not have been smote in the first place. Like, I think one time a member got a smite just for expressing that he agreed with another member's post, something completely innocent (which also got smote by someone  ||think|| ) so I just smote her just to do it, I'll admit

She obviously had a long history of smiting people. She probably gave more smites than applauds. And she would smite someone for the dumbest reasons.

Emily

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on November 21, 2013, 02:50:06 AM
QuoteIDK. I'll still miss her here.
Em, you were on the receiving end of some of Maggie's most hurtful and hateful comments, both as a member and as a mod.

Why the heck would you miss that?

Oh, you have no idea. When I was a mod she told me in a PM that I was pretty much useless. Our latest bouts of PMs she told me to butt out, and she'd tell me to butt out of conversations too.

My feelings aren't hurt.

Shawna

Quote from: meAgain on November 22, 2013, 05:42:17 PM
Quote from: Shawna on November 22, 2013, 02:18:02 PM

What?  I?ve never denied any smites I?ve given.  I do however, like the idea of knowing my smites are considered deep ? how I have accomplished that I?m not sure ? but way cool! 

Deep, Silent, Fast, Deadly is the submariner's motto.  It seemed appropriate, since your method of smiting involves never surfacing to acknowledge your torpedo smites.

There are no rules against torpedo smites.  Many people fire torpedoes now and then.  You just manage more than your share.

No rules against telling people that, either.
--Origen

Jezzebelle

I do too :)  I smite lots of people lots of times.  I wish ricky would come back so I can smite him some more too  ||moose||
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

meAgain

Quote from: kevin on November 22, 2013, 06:02:23 PM

out of curiosity, i opened this post^^^.

. . . but, like you said, you don't ever read my comments, right? 

Quoteno, you don't have to inform people when you smite. but your habit is to return to a thread over and over and over, just to smite the same post or the same people, over and over and over, all without submitting a comment yourself.

when you do this, you reveal that you are not motivated by an interest in discussing the subject matter, just in striking out at people you disagree with.

That?s a difficult accusation to make stick considering I have given more than my share of comments and discussion on this forum. 

I realize Shawna is all bent out of shape about the thread she started that ended up being the final straw in Maggie being banned and might not find it ?fair? that I am in the process of smiting every one of her posts in that thread.  You might consider it my way of protesting drama ridden threads like that.  That, and like I DID say in the actual thread and several times, Kevin, I don?t think the things Shawna posted show Maggie as homophobic.  For those reasons, I made a little personal vow to myself to smite every post of Shawna?s in that thread. 

How you can possibly claim that I am smiting Shawna because I have not been open to discussion is well for anyone to see once again one of your fabrications.  I have joined in the discussion as much as the next person.  You really are too much. 

Quotethere is no rule against this.

No kidding.  Less someone get in trouble for smiting out of smite.  LOL!

meAgain

Quote from: Shawna on November 22, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

Deep, Silent, Fast, Deadly is the submariner's motto.  It seemed appropriate, since your method of smiting involves never surfacing to acknowledge your torpedo smites.

There are no rules against torpedo smites.  Many people fire torpedoes now and then.  You just manage more than your share.

What?s my fair share?  I wasn?t given the forum quota? 

QuoteNo rules against telling people that, either.

Nope.  Your transparent and sneaky little posts are quite legal ? you got kinda the whole passive aggressive thing go on.  No rules against complaining about smites while pretending not to be complaining about smites.  Have at it!

Kiahanie

Quote from: meAgainWhat?s my fair share?  I wasn?t given the forum quota? 
It's OK, meAgain. I am a faithful member of the Non-Smiters Club (as hard as that has been recently), so I give you my share of smites to deal out. Use them wisely.

However, if I should break my vows, I might have to reclaim them.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Jay

Just as an FYI.  The smiting bastards are still recruiting!!  And it sounds like we have some rogue members afoot, so make yourself official!

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,50092.0.html

Bordeaux

My wife is banned?  ||sad|| ||sad||:) I was starting to fall in love with her. ||rotfl||
"Certitude is not evidence of truth. Nor does repetition make it true. If anything, repetition should make you suspicious. Truth always stands up to scrutiny on its merits."
― Steven Hassan PhD

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: acctnt_shan on November 22, 2013, 12:26:32 AM
Quote from: Gnu Ordure on November 21, 2013, 05:36:53 AM
That's just dumb.
Why? Seems like a reasonable assertion to me...

QuoteEven those who are not fans of Maggie's will admit that she had her share of positive contributions here.
Sure, but the problem was her negative contributions.   

QuoteShe proved to me that she has a kind heart,
You're entitled to base your opinion on your own experience, Shan, but there's plenty of evidence that her heart was somewhat unkind.     

kevin

Quote from: meAgain on November 22, 2013, 07:18:25 PM

. . . but, like you said, you don't ever read my comments, right? 

Meagain, what I said was that I seldom read your posts. The reason I gave was that you twisted what I wrote into things I never said.

Can you see the pattern here?

Quote from: meagain

. . . For those reasons, I made a little personal vow to myself to smite every post of Shawna?s in that thread. 

How you can possibly claim that I am smiting Shawna because I have not been open to discussion is well for anyone to see once again one of your fabrications.  I have joined in the discussion as much as the next person.  You really are too much. 

I wasn't talking about shawna, meagain, but your admission above reveals a lot.

You have ghost smited threads I have started in the past, in which you smited repeatedly without posting. If I am wrong about this, you need only deny it, explicitly. If you do, I will retract my statement.

Have you done this, or not?

Easy answer. Yes or no.

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Jay

it is quite interesting how a thread about Maggie being banned has converted into a thread about smitting.

||popcorn||

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Jay on November 22, 2013, 07:44:51 PM
Just as an FYI.  The smiting bastards are still recruiting!!  And it sounds like we have some rogue members afoot, so make yourself official!

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,50092.0.html

Basterds.

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Jay

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Pastafarian

Quote from: meAgain on November 22, 2013, 07:18:25 PMYou might consider it my way of protesting drama ridden threads like that.

It's a discussion forum.
Smiting is like:

Spoiler

[close]
Which is why I find it all so funny!
It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)