why are womens genitals named after small furry animals?

Started by kevin, February 10, 2014, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

here in america men refer to women having pussies.

sometimes they refer to women and their beavers.

in france I believe they call them rabbits.

what's up with that?
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Assyriankey

||think||

Those animals were named, I think, after local varieties of vagina; typically any common-sounding name that was on everyone's lips at one time or another.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

GratefulApe

Maybe to remind them that they are being chased or hunted?

Jay

I don't think I have ever seriously used the word beaver to describe a woman's holiest of holies.
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

kevin

Quote from: Assyriankey on February 10, 2014, 02:54:13 PM
||think||

Those animals were named, I think, after local varieties of vagina; typically any common-sounding name that was on everyone's lips at one time or another.

shawna says she doesnt think that's right

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Jay

ohhh.  I found this!

There was a young lady named Eva
Who went to the ball as Godiva,
But a change in the lights,
Showed a tear in her tights,
And a low fellow present yelled "Beaver"

FGOH

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on February 10, 2014, 03:44:40 PM
Men have c**ks...

And one-eyed love snakes.

*titter*

According to a bit of Googling, the old Saxon name for a vulva was puse, which was originally the word used for pocket, or pouch.

There's also a slang word "puss" (meaning face) which apparently comes from an Irish word "pus" meaning "lip" or "mouth".

That would go some way towards explaining "p***y" imo.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

rickymooston

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

kevin

Jay

kevin

apparently this subject is more complex than I suspected

Assyriankey

Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Mr. Blackwell

Slang is great. Why are women's genitals named after small furry animals?

Because they are cute. But sometimes not so small or cuddly.

When I was working in the kitchens I found myself in one restaurant where I was in the minority. We had mostly non English speaking Mexicans. During that time I came real close to becoming bilingual. At any rate, I thought of a joke of sorts...nothing too funny but since I am covered in hair I thought it would be humorous to introduce myself as "the bear".

So one day I said to a guy "Hola, soy el oso. Como esta?"

He looked at me with this blank stare for a moment then started laughing out loud. He took me to the dish room so I could introduce myself to the three middle aged Mexican women who washed the dishes. Knowing it was some sort of joke now, I played along and proudly said it again...in a firm deep energetic voice.

Their eyes popped wide open the same time as their mouths and they cackled like hens.

Turns out...Oso or "bear" also means....

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Mr. Blackwell

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

JudoChop

Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

catwixen

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Assyriankey

Airyaman

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

kevin

Mr. Blackwell

Shawna

"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

Zap

"Growler" for lady parts is also quite common here. More animal metaphors.... well animal sound metaphors anyway.

Mens names are usually reserved for men's bits. Examples include:

Willy
Wilbert
Percy
Micky
Johnson
John Thomas

And many others. Nothing as bad as a a kick in the micky I tells ya
You've been zapped

Mr. Blackwell

GratefulApe

Whatever