News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Blog News

Started by Maggie the Opinionated, April 19, 2013, 12:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie the Opinionated

When we started our experiment with the blog, I said that blogs were voracious beasts and needed to be fed constantly. Truer words were never spoken. I simply cannot provide daily content for it. I don't have the time. However, I am not getting enough input from others to keep the beast from devouring me. So we have to take stock of the situation.

We can simply walk away from it. We tried it and it was more work than we anticipated. Or, we can try to get some content another way. One thing that occurred to me is that I could simply publish a post from the forum that I like, with or without commentary and link back to the forum. A third possibility is that y''all could alert me to news that you find online that fits our general mission, so that I don't have to go hunting for subject matter.

Is there anything else we could try to keep the blog fresh?

FGOH

I quite like the idea of publishing a post from the forum and linking back.

I'm quite happy to let you know if I see anything online that might be of interest.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Jay

I will try to become more active.  I have had some ideas, but have not had much time to put them into words.

I am working on one right now however.

I do like the idea of publishing news, with a quick blurb or two.  It is much quicker, and will keep it more active.

I sometimes rush a post on the forum, and think, I could have published that whole post onto the blog.  I will also start to do that as well.  I guess I dont need to 'refine' it so much to make a blog post.  The perfectionist in me though sometimes gets in the way.  ;)
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!