News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

New blog post and header

Started by Maggie the Opinionated, April 07, 2013, 12:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie the Opinionated

Just FYI-- I came across a news story that I thought worth bringing to the attention of anyone who hasn't seen it. A really large number of Muslims have marched on the capital of Bangladesh to demand the execution of a number of atheist bloggers. Those so inclined might pray for their lives and well-being.

I also changed out the header picture to something that looks vaguely Islamic to me but if you know of something that would be a better choice, please let me know. Pictures need to be long, rather that high for the header spot.

Jay is still king of the blog. I am not quite ready to come back to work yet.

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on April 07, 2013, 12:36:12 AM
Just FYI-- I came across a news story that I thought worth bringing to the attention of anyone who hasn't seen it. A really large number of Muslims have marched on the capital of Bangladesh to demand the execution of a number of atheist bloggers. Those so inclined might pray for their lives and well-being.

I also changed out the header picture to something that looks vaguely Islamic to me but if you know of something that would be a better choice, please let me know. Pictures need to be long, rather that high for the header spot.

The picture header looks fine. there actually is nothing representative of Islam but most of the world seems to believe if it looks Arabesque it must be Islamic.

Not even the Crescent Moon and star represent Islam, they actually represented the Ottoman Empire.

The closest thing to representing Islam would be decorative Calligraphy of Islamic Phrases and supplications, but usually that does not seem to represent Islam to non-Muslims.

Jay

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on April 07, 2013, 12:36:12 AM

Aww Mags.  I hope everything is okay.
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Maggie the Opinionated

I made a new blog post. It seems as though those lovable scamps at Westboro have announced plans to disrupt Roger Ebert's funeral. Can't let the occasion pass unremarked.

rickymooston

Phelps is obnoxious, hurtful and annoying but he is not to my knowledge violent.

He certainly is an embarasdment to any Christian i know.

He probably needs medical help.
Persecution of the Copts is a sad reality.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute