News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Parent Support Group!

Started by Lillium, November 19, 2012, 11:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveler

Quote from: kevin on December 13, 2012, 03:33:01 AM
it doesn't kind of seem like a lie.

it is a lie.

if lying to people is okay, then there's no problem. otherwise, there is.

This is the conclusion I've come to. If I had kids I'd tell them Santa is just a fun story, and I would still do whatever holiday stuff I wanted to do. They'll still love the gifts and the glitter without any worries about justifying the fact that their parents lied to them about it. Teach Santa as a custom, a holiday, a story, a fun time, rather than as a fact.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Gnu Ordure

Hey, GG.

How are you doing? Ten days to go, how are you feeling?

Me, I'm a little worried about you.

I guess you're a little worried too, because you posted this:
The below is a picture of me from my 2011 baby shower, 12 days postpartum:
That was then, GG, and this is now. I understand your grief for Jasen, but you also need to focus on the present.

You also need to stop focussing on this forum. You've said that yourself. Focus on your baby. Focus on your husband. Focus on your feelings. Forget about us. This is not the time for you to be engaging with people such as Soffty, admirable though your compassionate efforts were. Focus on your family...

But...

... on the other hand...

... we'll still be here, if you need us. Lots of good people here rooting for you, GG. If you need help, just ask.

Gnu.

xxx.

Augusto

I created a facebook page as a family album and it's working just great, because me and my wife are the administrators and now we don't need to fight about who uploads which pictures to which account...! :D

http://www.facebook.com/FamiliaRomeroBriceno?fref=ts

If you have Facebook, I would appreciate a "Like" in the page...!  ||grin||

There is a nice video in there with the story of me and my wife. ||kiss||

Lillium

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on January 06, 2013, 03:16:14 AM
Am I the only person on the planet without a facebook account?

I don't have twitter, if that helps you feel any better?

My husband is in town (just down stairs!).  Everyone else I care truly care for? Spread out across the country.  His closest family members do not live in this town.

My mother, whom I have not seen in over two years, called crying one day because she felt like she didn't know her daughter any more.  So I became more active on facebook, posting random thoughts of mine, sending her private messages, posting pictures, videos, etc. just so she could feel included in my life... in addition to the phone calls.  Is not so bad?
Meow?

Lillium

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on January 06, 2013, 03:58:29 AMMe, I'm a little worried about you.

I posted that because I'm not having a shower this year.  Told everyone to skip the travel expenses and party expenses and just send gifts for Christmas for baby.  I posted that here because I did not get to post it last year due to my being banned around that time, and also as a comparison... I'm going to take a photo of myself 12 days postpartum to see how much I've changed or not changed in about 2 years.  A progress pic, if you will.

Thank you for your concern.  Actually, I'm on bed rest and I'm growing stir crazy.  I've got nesting energy but have to sit around all day.  I had to go to the hospital the other day and my placenta is starting to wear out.  Their tests indicate that I can wait until 39 weeks, 1/8, but they're doing follow up tests on Monday to be sure.  Baby will be here sometime between Monday to Wednesday.

I'm on this forum because bed rest... but I'm also on facebook and reddit and youtube and various educational sites: like ted, or informational blogs, or whatever... then I'm taking breaks to finish tidying up in anyway that I can.  Sometimes I sit with my husband and watch a tv show, sometimes in my room to watch a movie, sometimes in a different room to go online.  Sometimes I take a nap.  Sometimes I take a warm shower.  Really, I'm okay, as far as I know.
Meow?

Mooby the Golden Sock

So who's in the official group list?
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Augusto

I asked to be in this group long ago... :P

Lillium

Mooby: Anyone who has mentioned in this thread that they wish to be, I'd also like Maggie to be there if she wishes.  She can be like... Auntie Mags of IGI's beautiful kids or something like that.

I will start a list in this post, adding only my name, people can post after and add their name to it, would that be acceptable?

Official List:

1. GG
Meow?

Maggie the Opinionated

Quote from: GamerGirl on January 06, 2013, 08:37:23 PM
Mooby: Anyone who has mentioned in this thread that they wish to be, I'd also like Maggie to be there if she wishes.  She can be like... Auntie Mags of IGI's beautiful kids or something like that.

I will start a list in this post, adding only my name, people can post after and add their name to it, would that be acceptable?

Official List:

1. GG
I am in. In what, though? If I need facebook, I am doomed.

Lillium

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on January 06, 2013, 09:14:52 PM

Official List:

1. GG

Private member group, have you joined on IGI yet?

Updated list:

1. GG
2. Opinionated Auntie Maggie
Meow?

Maggie the Opinionated

You would think after all this time I would know it all but I don't. I am in one private group but I am not certain how I got there. I think someone sneaked me in the back door.

leese

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on January 06, 2013, 09:14:52 PM

Official List:

1. GG
Make up a sock account. Pictures of your kitties if you like. Get in the loop, Woman.

Mooby the Golden Sock

Looks to me like we have...

1. GG
2. Emily?
3. kevin?
4. DOGG?
5. Game?
6. jetson?
7. Jezz
8. Maggie
9. Augusto
10. Truple
11. Judo?

Is Gnu on the list too?  And is the official name going to be Parent Support Group?

If that list looks good, I'll set it up.

Lillium

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on January 06, 2013, 09:40:28 PM
You would think after all this time I would know it all but I don't. I am in one private group but I am not certain how I got there. I think someone sneaked me in the back door.

I don't think you know it all, but I do I think you have opinions about it all; however, in a good way because you stand your ground and do not falter.  Sometimes frustrating, admittedly.  ||PTW|| But that's part of what makes you Maggie!
Meow?

kevin

looks good to me.

one of the things parents have to put up with is vomit flying around the house. currently we have at least two with the flu, and two more coming down with it.

in the absence of indoor plumbing, an unscreen second story window is very useful.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Augusto

We have this song in my country, and the translation is something like:

"One elephant was standing on a spider's web, because the web didn't break he went after another elephant...
Two elephants were standing on a spider's web, because the web didn't break they went after another elephant...
Three elephants..."

And the song can go on and on forever... well, last night it was 3 in the morning and my baby was still awake after vomit and poo twice, so I was singing the song and I got up to 300 elephants until he finally got asleep...! :D

Mooby the Golden Sock

Ok, I added the 11 from the list.  Let me know if I missed anyone.  Enjoy!

Emily

Oh, I see my name on a list. YAY.

Sure, you can add me.

Lillium

Yes! We can vote on a name or just go with the name I made for this thread.

Warning! Parental guidance is advised, could be a tag line.
Meow?

Lillium

Wasn't sure where to post this.  I'm singing to my daughter in this video, day before she's scheduled to be born.
Meow?

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on January 06, 2013, 11:23:04 PM
Looks to me like we have...

1. GG
2. Emily?
3. kevin?
4. DOGG?
5. Game?
6. jetson?
7. Jezz
8. Maggie
9. Augusto
10. Truple
11. Judo?

Is Gnu on the list too? 

Like Maggie, I don't know what this is. And GG hasn't invited me to anything... so I dunno ...

On the other hand, she did send me a PM the other day wishing me a Happy Holiday, so I think we're good.

So sign me up please, Mooby.

Kiahanie

When my wife got pregnant, a good friend o hers told her:

Think of your baby as an ambassador from Mars, unfamiliar with our ways and you unfamiliar with his. You need to teach each other and learn from each other.

Our Martian Ambassador is 28 now, and the process continues....
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

leese

Quote from: Kiahanie on January 10, 2013, 10:40:39 PM
When my wife got pregnant, a good friend o hers told her:

Think of your baby as an ambassador from Mars, unfamiliar with our ways and you unfamiliar with his. You need to teach each other and learn from each other.

Our Martian Ambassador is 28 now, and the process continues....
Mine is turning 28 in a couple months. You're right, it does continue, if you're fortunate.

Lillium

Gnu, I think you're a cool guy.  I think your concern and nosiness is acceptable, but only because I've spoken to you long enough that you only poke your nose into my business because you care.  So, if you'd like to join, you may. ||smiley||
Meow?

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on January 10, 2013, 02:51:26 AMLike Maggie, I don't know what this is.
Private member groups are hidden boards that only members of the group can see.  You're added.

Gnu Ordure