News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Question for mods.

Started by davdi, August 22, 2011, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Quote from: Jubal_DiGriz on August 23, 2011, 08:30:26 AM
As the "owner" of the thread in question I guess I ought to say something.

The reason I started it was I was interested in what other people, with Davdi in particular, had to say about the subject. I already know what I think, so posting wasn't my priority there. And I think Kevin et al are actually on topic, as it's a very broad topic, so I've nothing to complain about.

i forgot what the thread was. i'll go look. i think meagain and i are comparing views of scripture in the context of what should be a determinant. but didn't the OP ask for a comparison of OT and NT?

but you know, harry ricardo was the first man who actually figured out what engine knock was all about. when the compression wave precedes the flame front, you get an instantaeous explosion of the mixture instead of a gradual burning, so the pressure increase is tremendously high. it can destroy bearings, break rods, and knock the lands off the pistons.

i used to have a 1965 star chief with a 265 h.p. 10:1 engine. it needed leaded gasoline at 110 octane to run right. after shawna blew the pistons apart, we rebored it 0.030 over and used pistons with dished crowns. it would still do the ton in a heartbeat.

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Jay

Quote from: kevin on August 23, 2011, 09:11:09 PM
after shawna blew the pistons apart, we rebored it 0.030 over and used pistons with dished crowns. it would still do the ton in a heartbeat.

How is Shawna?
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

davdi

বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

TrisTennant

She plays first basewoman, remember?
But everything changed when the Calgary Flames attacked.

davdi

বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

TrisTennant

But everything changed when the Calgary Flames attacked.

hypsell

Very nice what Shawna wrote there.You're a lucky man Kevin! ||smiley||
What are the prerequisites for consuming Teddy Ruxpin?

Jay

I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

acctnt_shan

Sorry for tacking on to this thread, but I didn't feel it necessary to make a new one... but I reported a couple posts a little while back, and I never received any response from staff.  The posts still stand, so maybe my reports were voted down, but I never received the customary PM response saying so.  I'm hoping my reports weren't ignored, but without any indication otherwise, I don't know what else to think.
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Mooby the Golden Sock

You reported the posts for something on which we're currently reevaluating our policies, so they're still being discussed.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

acctnt_shan

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard