Special Guest SMART Recovery Executive Director to visit forum June 7

Started by Former Believer, June 03, 2011, 02:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Ohhh....

*looks around the new dig with awe*

Any different rules for this subsection?
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Mooby the Golden Sock

The rules are specific to each thread on the main Guest Speakers board.  This gives the speaker a bit more control over the flow of their discussion.  The commentary section has no special rules in its description.

Shari hasn't requested any special guidelines so far: she wants the thread to develop naturally.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Pastafarian

How many hours from this posr till it starts. Or: someone please explain EST or whatever other bloody way time is described here. Ig nor anus I am  ||sad||
It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)

Former Believer

I'm starting a new thread at approximately 3:00 PM South African time or 9:00 AM EST or 36:00 Bulu, Martian time, give or take an hour or two.   
Don't sacrifice your mind at the altar of belief

Pastafarian

It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)

Tish

Quote from: Airyaman on June 05, 2011, 11:40:53 PM
I suggest setting some ground rules for the discussions, to hopefully avoid trolling and unnecessary bickering.

Same!  Shari's been good enough to give us her time, please don't derail the thread for others.   ||smiley||
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

JudoChop

Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

QuestionMark

καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει

David M

Quote from: Pastafarian on June 07, 2011, 04:59:59 AM
How many hours from this posr till it starts. Or: someone please explain EST or whatever other bloody way time is described here. Ig nor anus I am  ||sad||

Hey, no insults!  That's against the rules!
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

QuestionMark

Ricky,
Quote from: rickymooston on June 09, 2011, 12:54:09 AM
Wouldn't work very well for schitzophrenia in my opinion.
Affect Behavior and Cognition was one of the first things I learned in assessing psych patients, and I'm on an acute schizophrenia floor.

Personally, I don't accept the stigma associated with having a mental illness. If your foot gets cut off at work and you go to the hospital for treatment nobody blames you... they treat you. If your job is stressful and you need help dealing with it, why should someone blame you?

So much more could be said about this sort of reaction:

Quote from: none on June 08, 2011, 11:35:57 PM
Quote from: QuestionMark on June 08, 2011, 11:33:30 PM
SMART sounds like a typical treatment plan for any mental illness.
what are you an expert on mental illness now?
true christian and true mentally ill, what a combo.
lets hear the long version.
and don't project, please.

Isn't it interesting that people will refuse to accept the truth because of who is saying it?

Looking forward,
QM
καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει

Kiahanie

Quote from: QuestionMark on June 09, 2011, 05:47:54 PM[.... ]Personally, I don't accept the stigma associated with having a mental illness. If your foot gets cut off at work and you go to the hospital for treatment nobody blames you... they treat you. If your job is stressful and you need help dealing with it, why should someone blame you?
[ ....]
I think we found some common ground here, QM. I agree.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

rickymooston

QM the moose bows to you

My photograpger has dealt withseveral ppl with
Said illness. The stigma associated with it
Causes suffering and needless early death
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute