News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

New group request - "Minus 368"

Started by Assyriankey, May 18, 2011, 06:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assyriankey

I want to start a new private group called "Minus 368".

Every member is eligible for entry except member #368.

PM me if you want to join or want more info.

Or post in this thread.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Tish

"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

nateswift

The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

energy

Why not ban user 368 or at least restrict access, then this forum will be group 'minus 368'

*always looking for a positive solution*
Never Argue With A Fool
They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

JudoChop

Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

energy

Never Argue With A Fool

catwixen

I couldn't be bothered counting to the 368th member. So just presumed it was one of Assy's nemeses.
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

FGOH

This place wouldn't be nearly as diverting without member 368. Assuming the member I think is member 368 is the one Assy has in mind.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Assyriankey

I think it's one of the best ideas I've ever had.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Assyriankey on May 19, 2011, 10:53:09 AM

i think it's just feeding him the attention he wants instead of ignoring him
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Pastafarian

I'm vacillating between wishing he was gone and being a nice guy. I don't mind being a nice guy and I've ignored him but what about new people? I dunno, the whole place is held hostage by one poster... Not wanting to start anything, just giving my 2 cents. Carry on.
It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)

Assyriankey

Quote from: Jezzebelle on May 19, 2011, 12:44:43 PM

How?  He wouldn't be able to read anything we say about him.

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Assyriankey on May 19, 2011, 03:28:49 PM

i meant this thread... right now
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Assyriankey

Quote from: Jezzebelle on May 19, 2011, 04:02:19 PM
Quote from: Assyriankey on May 19, 2011, 03:28:49 PM

i meant this thread... right now

Well, that would be a temporary setback but well worth it in the scheme of things.  We could mention drinks after work without getting drowned in our sin, for example.

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: JudoChop on May 19, 2011, 07:29:38 AM
Who is user 368?
1. Click on a member's name.
2. See how there is a number at the end of the url?
3. Change that number.

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Pastafarian on May 19, 2011, 02:35:14 PM
I'm vacillating between wishing he was gone and being a nice guy. I don't mind being a nice guy and I've ignored him but what about new people? I dunno, the whole place is held hostage by one poster... Not wanting to start anything, just giving my 2 cents. Carry on.

Maybe it's just me, but that seems a bit dramatic of a statement. 
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

energy

I like a drink now and again.... so I'm now confused
Never Argue With A Fool

JustMyron

I am not in favour of groups set up for the specific purpose of objecting to or speaking behind the back of other members.

Member 368 is David M.

He has issues, but to suggest that the entire forum is held hostage every time he says something disgusting and throws a tantrum when people object, is false. We're only held hostage to the extent we fall into the trap of treating him like a reasonable person, when he's not acting like one. I think people hope that he will listen when they say things, and he taunts and goads people into responding, and while that can be difficult to resist, we as adults are capable of seeing what's going on and not playing along.

This most recent episode was the first time people really stepped back before a major cataclysm. Observe what happened. When we step back, he flails around for a bit looking for someone to take the bait, and then he gets tired of making a fool of himself and quiets down. Problem solved.

energy

Well said Myron!
As ever, the eternally insightful one.
X
Never Argue With A Fool

Mooby the Golden Sock

Also, technically David can petition us to lock this thread.

Jay

I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Assyriankey

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on May 19, 2011, 10:39:06 PM

Yes.  What a strange rule that is.

JustMyron

Quote from: Assyriankey on May 20, 2011, 01:09:38 AM
Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on May 19, 2011, 10:39:06 PM

Yes.  What a strange rule that is.

Indeed.

It came into being when David started a thread called Why is Kerlyssa so cold, to protest being repeatedly and soundly spurned, and then Leese started a thread entitled Why does David M desperately want to fornicate with a woman he percieves as cold.

Fun times, fun times...

The moderation team was... a little stressed... at that time. Because of how giant the ongoing David M sh*tstorm was, we decided that perhaps "16 (d) Threads about a single forum member may be closed at that member's request.". might be a good addition to the FAQ.

rickymooston

Apparently, I'm member 51. ||666||.

Pasta, the forum isn't "held hostage" by him and new users have been subjected to several annoying posters some of the time.

Quote from: Assyriankey on May 19, 2011, 04:10:34 PM
Well, that would be a temporary setback but well worth it in the scheme of things.  We could mention drinks after work without getting drowned in our sin, for example.

Well why not make a moderate drinkers group. Sorry that it would also exclude cat. You could also have a heavy drinkers who don't give a f*k group.

For the record, my understanding is you can discuss alcohol or having a drink with David.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Pastafarian

I read the welcome page on the IGI website on Monday. I was sending it to a friend, hoping he'd join. I found it quite inspiring (first time I've read it) and certainly I see the staff here trying for that mission statement. But this line made me think of David, and how we need to watch what we say, how we say it or else we'll have another episode or be on the receiving end of his occasional nastiness: "we don't want intentional nastiness, insults and mockery, and we'll politely ask people who persist in those things to go elsewhere."

For a new user I think it may come as a shock. And I think an episode like the one recently changes the mood in here. It certainly did for me. I have him on ignore because I don't like reading those vitriolic outbursts, they change the vibe of my experience in here.

So when I say he holds the forum hostage I mean that he forces an unpleasantness on the place, an atmosphere exactly opposite to the site's mission statement. Everyone agrees, but it's tolerated because... Well we're all being tolerant to the this one member who will never change.

But I should have kept quite. I'm not here to start another war, and I respect the opinions of the staff and other members who have been here longer than I have.

That's
It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)

Ratman

There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

Jay

I think the forum would be much better without user number 2.

The chuckles he occasionally provides are just not worth his nasty and selfish posts.
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

rickymooston

Quote from: jay799 on May 20, 2011, 06:02:48 PM
I think the forum would be much better without user number 2.

The chuckles he occasionally provides are just not worth his nasty and selfish posts.

He founded the forum.

Although he doesn't like me personally very much, he has his positives.  ||wink||

Taking people with a grain of salt isn't a bad thing.

For the record, I'm not anti-David either. I like him. I understand, he has his limitations. I have mine too. Curses.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute