News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

The Cook-Off: Volunteer List

Started by JudoChop, April 08, 2011, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudoChop

If you'd like to get involved in the Cook-off, then place your name here -

The rulez -

? The 2 members in the cook-off must submit their meals within 30 minutes of an agreed time to prevent peeking at the other contestants masterpiece and gaining any advantage

? No photoshopping allowed, all participants must write their name on a piece of paper next to their dish before photographing

? Photos must show prep work, at least one picture of the cooking process and finally one picture of the finished dish

? Members must provide 2 different courses, mix them up however

? Viewers must judge on 3 criteria giving a score between 1-10, with 10 being the highest for each of the 2 contestants dishes. Voting closes 72 hours after both contestants have submitted.

- Criteria -

- Presentation - How well was the dish arranged? colour? design?

- Creativity -  How well were the ingredients used? originality? complexity?

- Yumminess - How much do you want to eat that dish?

You know you want to!

Participants so far..

Hemmingway
JudoChop
Captain Luke
Tish
FGOH
ryanryan
Shylala
acctnt_shan
Dadzilla
Kris
Mrs Pumpkin
OoohShiny
HeyThere
Tesla
Pastafarian
+1 Wildcard
Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

FGOH

I will go on the list but I am quite busy for the next week or so, so wouldn't want to be the next one up.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

JudoChop

No worries, once we've got a list together we'll just ask who is available and pair you up. ;)
Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Captain Luke

JudoChop

Hemingway

Nice...... This should be FUN!!!!  ||hammertime||
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Tish

I'd love to - I'm totally doing a curry feast!!
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

Shylala

-Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

JudoChop

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Shylala on April 08, 2011, 11:01:47 AM
Im in just not anytime soon lol.

Yes, this.  Consider me in, but it'll have to wait till I get through exams and whatnot.  Maybe we should do a "cooking on a college dime" edition for those of us unable to shell out the $$$ for the good stuff.   ||grin||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Jezzebelle

ok, ryan saw the first challenge and he totally wants in!  i can make him post it from his own account ryanryan, so put him down :)
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Dadzilla

"I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings."

JudoChop

Added! At the minute, Tish and Luke have agreed to be next up! please let me know your agreed submission date and I'll set the thread up if you like?

Tish

Quote from: JudoChop on April 12, 2011, 07:09:22 AM
Added! At the minute, Tish and Luke have agreed to be next up! please let me know your agreed submission date and I'll set the thread up if you like?
We're going to upload some time over the Easter break, so I can have max prep time.   ||grin||

I have to say, I am SO excited!!  I've reviewed comments from the first round judges and am SO ready!!  Still tossing up whether to do curries, mexican or a yum scrum roast... 
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

JudoChop

It is a lot of fun Tish. Make sure you have a few too to get your creative juices flowing. ;)

Mrs Pumpkin

I'm in.... but need some notice since I can't cook for myself at the moment :/  well I can, but it's boring food!

JudoChop

Hemingway

The list is growing by the day! Nice........

OoohShiny

I'm in, too, please.

Mine won't be near so fancy as what you guys have done, but at least I'll get to eat it when it's all finished!

Hemingway

HeyThere

Hemingway: You madam, are a tease! Dangling a whiskey bottle and an apron in front of Lord Hemingsworth and not capturing the moment on celluloid is akin to Hitler invading Poland in 1939.

Hemingway

Yay HeyThere!!!!

Another contestant!

Krisikins

i just came into this thread to volunteer and boom my name is already there!!!
I'm not convinced of the existence of these things that don't exist...

JudoChop

Quote from: HeyThere on April 13, 2011, 07:09:54 PM
oh wth, i'm in.

Wooooo!

Quote from: Krisikins on April 13, 2011, 07:35:45 PM
i just came into this thread to volunteer and boom my name is already there!!!

Yep, I added your name roughly 2.5 seconds after you said 'yes' on Skype. :D

JudoChop

Hemingway

HeyThere

Hemingway: You madam, are a tease! Dangling a whiskey bottle and an apron in front of Lord Hemingsworth and not capturing the moment on celluloid is akin to Hitler invading Poland in 1939.

FGOH

Looks like me and RyanRyan are next up with a posting date of Sunday 1 May. No doubt Judo will review and do the honours in due course.

JudoChop

We could do with 1 more volunteer please! it'd be good to get 16 competitors so we can have a 2 person final, the highest runner up in the first round gets another shot at cooking.

As soon as Jess confirms the time then I'll get your round underway, FG.  ||beerchug||

Shylala

JudoChop

Shylala

Pastafarian

It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)

Pastafarian

||tip hat|| < for the pasta pun. Haar dee haar haar.
It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.

JudoChop

Good man!  ||thumbs||

Okay we have our contestants now, the highest losing first round percentage score will be invited to cook again in the competition as a wild card entry.

acctnt_shan

Can I be paired with someone else who has similarly limited cooking experience?  I'm feeling intimidated by the first 4 contestants   ||unsure||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

JudoChop

Hey as long as 2 people agree to cook-off then we're ON! there was rumour that you and Kris would be good due to you both being students.

The epic battle of FGOH vs ryanryan will take place next but are you up for the next slot?

Contenders volunteer for the next slots!

acctnt_shan

How soon would that be?  I'm approaching the end of my semester here so the next couple weeks will be crazzzyyyy!   ||smiley||

JudoChop

FG and ryanryan will be posting this weekend coming, the beauty of this is that you can cook whenever you like, just save the piccies and post!

Now show me your gameface! grahhhhhh, grahhhhh!

FGOH

Quote from: JudoChop on April 25, 2011, 02:02:12 PM
FG and ryanryan will be posting this weekend coming, the beauty of this is that you can cook whenever you like, just save the piccies and post!

Yes, my pics are already taken.

Judo and Hem had the hardest challenge imo, since they were first up. People up later can cook early and save the pics, and if the dish turns out crap they even have time to cook again if they are so minded.

JudoChop

Precisely, now get with the program Shan!

*slaps both cheeks*

(face cheeks)

JudoChop

Or Shy, maybe you'd like to face the mighty Kris or Shan next?

Yog

Quote from: JudoChop on April 25, 2011, 12:56:20 PM
Good man!  ||thumbs||

Okay we have our contestants now, the highest losing first round percentage score will be invited to cook again in the competition as a wild card entry.

I'm a little lost here. 15 contestants plus one wild... ||think|| Are you saying best scoring loser will qualify, to play again in round one?

Krisikins

Quote from: JudoChop on April 25, 2011, 02:09:38 PM

I won't be cooking until after the 9th of may jsut so ya know!!!

JudoChop

Quote from: Yog on April 25, 2011, 02:53:23 PM
Quote from: JudoChop on April 25, 2011, 12:56:20 PM
Good man!  ||thumbs||

I'm a little lost here. 15 contestants plus one wild... ||think|| Are you saying best scoring loser will qualify, to play again in round one?

That's exactly what I'm saying Yogmeister, we need 16 competitors to reach a final of 2 contestants. The winner will have had to face 4 rounds! sheesh did you not watch the Karate Kid!?

Best scoring percentage 'loser' will get to cook off round 1 again and if they win that round they'll go through to the next.

Quote from: Krisikins on April 25, 2011, 02:55:23 PM

Duly noted, although you may get Dadzilla who is a fierce competitor!

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Krisikins on April 25, 2011, 02:55:23 PM

I'd be okay with waiting till then with Kris, since we both need a while?

Gives me time to have some good local stuff come in season too  ||grin||

Krisikins

and a worthy challenger to beat... =)

i haz skillzzzzzz

JudoChop

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Krisikins on April 25, 2011, 03:15:02 PM
and a worthy challenger to beat... =)

i haz skillzzzzzz

||thumbs||    Looking forward to it!!!

(beating you, that is  ||grin||)

JudoChop

Oooohhhh *cue drama!*

Gotta love the culinary smack talk!

Krisikins

Shylala

My project deadline is the 9th of may, so ay time after that is fine. I thought I was going against Kris? NO WAY im goig agaist Dadz ||grin|| Im just a poor student here, I dont even have fancy plates

JudoChop

There's still some names here, you should challenge them!

Shylala

I'll challenge Pasta then ||smiley|| Since I wanted him here. Pasta you up for it?

Pastafarian

Ok! I'll need to do it after the 14th. Band tour 9-14. Woot!

acctnt_shan

We should've done a three-way student challenge   ||razz||

Shylala

YES and then do 3 course instead of 2 ||razz||.

Cook-off: the Student edition!

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Shylala on April 25, 2011, 04:47:48 PM
YES and then do 3 course instead of 2 ||razz||.

Cook-off: the Student edition!

||thumbs||

JudoChop

Uh, uh, uh, it's two-way...

Do I take that Shy and Pasta are after FG and ryan?

Shylala

If it's after the 14th of may sure

Jezzebelle

well ryan's and fgoh's are due on the 1st... so i think we need someone between then and the 14th.... in my pants

JudoChop

Okay, who's available around the 7th May?

Dadzilla

Hmmmm ok Choppy. I can post the weekend of the 7th. I had pics of the main, but found something I liked better so I started again.
"I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings."

JudoChop

Goody gumdrops!

Okay who will be your opponent? volunteers!

Tish

Buddha

Hemingway

Ha ha Tish..... best emote ever!

JudoChop

Hem, Tish and Luke need your scores! goddamn slacker...

JudoChop

Okay so next up is -

FGOH vs ryanryan - 1st May

Dadzilla vs Oohshiny - 7th May

Shylala vs Pastafarian - 17th May

Krisikins vs account_shan - 21st May

HeyThere vs Tesla - 28th May

Mrs Pumpkin vs Wild Card entrant - Date to be confirmed

FGOH

Damn. I am on hols for the next 2 rounds.

Will have to do what judging I can via my phone.

Pastafarian

I can't do the 14th, only after. Flying home the 15th. Sorry!

JudoChop

Pastafarian

Mmm... Ok! if shylala is cool with that...
Why is this so nerve-wrecking?!

JudoChop

It'll be fine, it's just a bit of fun!

Mrs Pumpkin

Sorry I'm so busy in the coming weeks I don't know if I'm coming or going :(

JudoChop

No problem MrsP I'll save the last spot for you and the wild card.  ||beerchug||

acctnt_shan

Hey so I have a question... when comparing the scoring, I'm noticing the following:

QuoteFirst Round Judges:
acctnt_shan
Captain Luke (2nd round)
FGOH
HeyThere
JadedPulse
Jezzebelle
Krisikins
Mrs Pumpkin
OoohShiny
Shylala
Tish (2nd round)

Second Round Judges:
acctnt_shan
FGOH
Hemingway (1st round)
Jaded Pulse
Jezzebelle
JudoChop (1st round)
Krisikins
Pastafarian
Shylala
Tesla

HeyThere, MrsP, and OoohShiny haven't judged the 2nd round... whereas Pasta and tesla haven't judged the 1st round...

Since we're comparing the rounds, doesn't it make sense to have a set list of judges that score every round (minus the 2 that will change each time as they compete)?  That's the only way I can think to maintain consistent scoring.

FGOH

Shan, what you say makes sense. Judo will have to confirm what he has in mind but I think he plans to average all the scores for each cook into one final score.

It's a bit difficult having a set list of judges, especially now we've started. Plus I know I will be away for at least 2 of the rounds and may or may not be able to judge depending on connectivity; others may well have similar vacation plans and the like which could cause problems.

JudoChop

Yeah we'll just be adding the scores and dividing by the number of judges which will give a percentage.

Scores don't really matter though as you just have to beat the person you're against. The only time the percentage matters is if you're the wild card entrant which will be the highest scoring losing contestant gets another crack at the first round.

JudoChop

Oohshiny will be Dadzilla's opponent!  ||beerchug||

acctnt_shan

Quote from: JudoChop on April 26, 2011, 02:30:30 PM
Yeah we'll just be adding the scores and dividing by the number of judges which will give a percentage.

Scores don't really matter though as you just have to beat the person you're against. The only time the percentage matters is if you're the wild card entrant which will be the highest scoring losing contestant gets another crack at the first round.

Ooh okay - thanks for clarifying!   ||thumbs||

acctnt_shan

Trying to do my food now, since I'm going to be busy starting next week... here's hoping I don't goof something and have to restart  ||razz||

Tish

If I can give one tip to remaining cooks - take better photos!!   ||grin||
Buddha

Honey Bunny

*boops your nose*

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Tish on May 04, 2011, 02:07:19 AM

Ugh - I'm totally struggling with that because my overhead light just went out yesterday and maintenance hasn't come to replace it yet!  I had to bring my floor lamp into the kitchen just to get decent shots  ||sad||

Tish

Quote from: acctnt_shan on May 04, 2011, 03:10:57 AM
Quote from: Tish on May 04, 2011, 02:07:19 AM

Ugh - I'm totally struggling with that because my overhead light just went out yesterday and maintenance hasn't come to replace it yet!  I had to bring my floor lamp into the kitchen just to get decent shots  ||sad||

Buddha

JudoChop

Quote from: Honey Bunny on May 04, 2011, 02:50:46 AM
can I still sign up?

Awww sorry Honey Bunny, we have our 15 competitors +1 wild card entrant now (we needed 16 to make a 2-way final)... I'm sure there'll be another one afterwards if this goes okay. :(

FGOH

Judo - if the wild card is going to be from the people that have already cooked could we not dispense with the wild card and slot Honey Bunny in? I've not got my head round how the wild card works so just tell me to STFU if necessary.

JudoChop

Quote from: FGOH on May 04, 2011, 11:59:36 AM
Judo - if the wild card is going to be from the people that have already cooked could we not dispense with the wild card and slot Honey Bunny in? I've not got my head round how the wild card works so just tell me to STFU if necessary.

STFU! ;) yeah I don't see why not, the wild card entry was there because we weren't going to make 16 members which we needed to get a 4 round 2 way final. The idea of the wildcard was that the losing person with the highest percentage score would be invited to cook off again in Round 1 against MrsP, if everyone is happy then I'll put HB with her. If you prefer to make your opinion anonymous then feel free to PM me.

Mrs Pumpkin

All I need to know is the date I'm supposed to do my thang  ||razz||

JudoChop

Beginning of June? the one before you is May 28th. Whatever suits.

Mrs Pumpkin

I'm away that weekend, so it will have to be the June one - do I make it on that day, or can I do it before and just post pictures?  Sorry, I'm not with it at the moment!

FGOH

You can do it whenever you like and just post the pics when it is your turn.

JudoChop

Mrs P, we'll do it in June, although cook and photograph when you like!

Mrs Pumpkin

Thanks for the info!  Have to get my gourmet chef thinking hat on now - not cooked properly for months!

Pastafarian

Yeah of course, why not let HoneyBunny cook?

JudoChop

No problem whatsoever, because the request came in late I'll just check that the peeps eligible for the wildcard place are happy with that and then we'll get the show on the road.

Pastafarian

Honey Bunny

Quote from: JudoChop on May 04, 2011, 07:09:04 AM
Quote from: Honey Bunny on May 04, 2011, 02:50:46 AM
can I still sign up?

Awww sorry Honey Bunny, we have our 15 competitors +1 wild card entrant now (we needed 16 to make a 2-way final)... I'm sure there'll be another one afterwards if this goes okay. :(

not a problem chopster! although I do know what i am making, whenever that is :)
*boops your nose*

JudoChop

Noo, noo, you're probably in, give me 2 days!

Honey Bunny

*boops your nose*

Tish

Quote from: JudoChop on May 04, 2011, 01:47:48 PM
No problem whatsoever, because the request came in late I'll just check that the peeps eligible for the wildcard place are happy with that and then we'll get the show on the road.
It's OK by me...

Buddha

Pastafarian

Ha ha. Trish the emote queen  ||thumbs||

Tish

Buddha

Pastafarian

Goddamit. What does it say about me that that bloody little emote put a huge smile on my face?
I'm 35 and totally straight, for the love of Pete... Ok Petra.

OoohShiny

I think Hunny should be given the wild card slot.  We can always do additional rounds if people want to keep going.  I had no ideas for a week and now every freaking meal I'm thinking- "gee, if I'd thought of it before I could possibly use this...."

Mother's Day weekend, I have to cook for my MiL & for this challenge?!  Gah! Against Dadz?!  GAH!

Dadzilla

Quote from: OoohShiny on May 05, 2011, 11:31:17 PM
I think Hunny should be given the wild card slot.  We can always do additional rounds if people want to keep going.  I had no ideas for a week and now every freaking meal I'm thinking- "gee, if I'd thought of it before I could possibly use this...."

Mother's Day weekend, I have to cook for my MiL & for this challenge?!  Gah! Against Dadz?!  GAH!

LOL! I keep thinking the same thing about you  ||cheesy||

whatcha makin'? I think we should pull together and make a killer meal!!

acctnt_shan

Only if you both send me some to sample  ||grin||

Krisikins

ok i think we said we'd do it the 17th but i really cant for a while...

Pastafarian

I think it's shylala and I on the 17th.
Lol, it really is like herding cats  ||grin||

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Krisikins on May 06, 2011, 03:05:48 PM

I'd be okay with pushing it back too... I experimented with a new recipe I was thinking of using last night, and it was a total disappointment... (I was testing a vegan-friendly recipe for when my cousin visits.... let's just say UGH to vegan food  ||razz||)

JudoChop

Quote from: OoohShiny on May 05, 2011, 11:31:17 PM
I think Hunny should be given the wild card slot.  We can always do additional rounds if people want to keep going...

I agree.

Here's how it's looking...

Okay so next up is -

Dadzilla vs Oohshiny - 9th May

Shylala vs Pastafarian - 17th May

Krisikins vs account_shan - 21st May

HeyThere vs Tesla - 28th May

Mrs Pumpkin vs Honey Bunny - Date to be decided

Tish

Quote from: acctnt_shan on May 06, 2011, 06:01:19 PM
Quote from: Krisikins on May 06, 2011, 03:05:48 PM

I'd be okay with pushing it back too... I experimented with a new recipe I was thinking of using last night, and it was a total disappointment... (I was testing a vegan-friendly recipe for when my cousin visits.... let's just say UGH to vegan food  ||razz|| )
Buckwheat crepe used as pizza base, roasted pumpkin, with chili and preserved lemon topping.  Had it last weekend with a cheeky little biodynamic reisling.  OMG YUM. 
Buddha

Krisikins

acctnt_shan

Would it totally throw a wrench in the process if I bow out and let you go with the wildcard process as originally planned? 

Sort of got some bad news today health-wise that has me losing interest, plus a lot of personal stuff coming up that's going to keep me busy.  If it's a big deal, I'll just whip something easy together and call it a day, but at the moment my heart is sort of out of it.

Ratman

Quote from: acctnt_shan on May 08, 2011, 02:06:48 AM
Would it totally throw a wrench in the process if I bow out and let you go with the wildcard process as originally planned? 

Sort of got some bad news today health-wise that has me losing interest, plus a lot of personal stuff coming up that's going to keep me busy.  If it's a big deal, I'll just whip something easy together and call it a day, but at the moment my heart is sort of out of it.
||sad|| Sorry Shan.
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

JudoChop

No problem Shan, I hope you're okay.

Would someone like to volunteer to take on the mighty Krisikins on the 21st of May?

If not I'll have to push Kris to June if that's okay Kris? so that we'll know who the wild card is.

Krisikins

thats no problem at all dear!

JudoChop

We need one more volunteer! otherwise we're back to the wildcard again.

Shylala

Could Judo please move the next cooking challenge to a later date? round the 28th? My special plant isnt big enough to use yet..

Pasta, would you be ok with that?

JudoChop

I will certainly see what I can do my little Princess.  ||beerchug||

Shylala

Pastafarian

Just pop down to the garage and buy some off Billy the Bong woman  ||Kerly||
No wurries  ||smiley||

JudoChop

I've got the next round as Krisikins vs account_shan, could you both confirm if Sunday 8th June is okay?

JudoChop

Imma bumping this so we know where we are.

Round 2 competitors -

HeyThere
Pastafarian
Ryanryan
OohShiny
Captain Luke
JudoChop

+ Winner of Round 7 ? Mrs Pumpkin vs Honey Bunny
+ Winner of Round 8 ? Wild Card vs Kris

The Wild Card entry is still yet to be confirmed.

Hemingway

JudoChop

Krisikins

JudoChop

FGOH has kindly volunteered to draw the Round 2 competitors out of a hat, when the Round 1's have finished she'll post the 4 pairs here and we can decide the order of the rounds based on availability.

Hemingway

So......

Is the wildcard confirmed yet?  ||Kris||

Pastafarian

Just so you know, I'm cooking my second round meal tonight so I can go anytime.

JudoChop

Quote from: Hemingway on July 01, 2011, 08:51:52 AM
So......

Is the wildcard confirmed yet?  ||Kris||

You've got a thread already.

Quote from: Pastafarian on July 01, 2011, 08:55:47 AM
Just so you know, I'm cooking my second round meal tonight so I can go anytime.

Efficiency, I like it!

Hemingway

Pastafarian

Hemingway

Cheers Pasta.

Now lets just hope I dont get my ass handed to me for two cook-offs in a row!

Pastafarian

Judo, have the scores been posted anywhere, together? I'd like to know what it looks like as a whole. Otherwise I'll go dig up the threads :)

Yog

Can we get this thread stickied? And perhaps put links to all the old rounds into the OP?

Pastafarian

That willbe cool^

I went and screenshoted the scores from all previous rounds so dinna wurry abou tha may.

JudoChop

Round 2 competitors -

HeyThere - 43.25 point avg
Pastafarian - 45.00 point avg
Ryanryan - 45.54 point avg
OohShiny - 42.88 point avg
Captain Luke - 47.77 point avg
JudoChop - 47.36 point avg
Honey Bunny - 43.33 point avg

+ Winner of Round 8 ? Hemingway vs Kris

I agree, some way to group the cooking threads would be good if a mod has a suggestion?

JudoChop

FGOH

I stickied it. If Assy ties concrete blocks round my ankles and flings me in the Thames I hold Yog responsible.

FGOH

Oh, Judo, do put the links in the OP as Yog suggested so they are easy to find too.  ||smiley||

JudoChop

It doesn't give me the option to modify the OP. :(

JudoChop

There must be some kind of date limitation on modifying. If a mod can modify the post then feel free to throw it in there!  ||beerchug||

Yog

Yup, 30 day limit.

And cheers FGoH. If Assy comes asking, send him my way. I'll give him the same 'building-the-community' spiel I used to use on Lexi.

Yog

Here's an idea, now that the wildcard round is finished..

Quote from: Airyaman on July 06, 2011, 03:02:52 AM
Maybe we should make a special challenge for low cal meals?

Just playing off that, how about some sort of theme for the second round? Or for each match-up? e.g.

Round 2, Match-Up 1 - The Great Outdoors
Round 2, Match-Up 2 - Seafood
Round 2, Match-Up 3 - Kiddie Menu
Round 2, Match-Up 4 - Hot Hot Hot

Round 3, Semi-Final 1 - Student Grub
Round 3, Semi-Final 1 - Fruity Focus

Round 4, Final - Not Limited

Get the contestants all to agree on a set of six 'themes' and the random.org the match-ups to see who's landed with which?

Pastafarian

I have 2 issues with that yog. 1) I already cooked my round 2 at huge effort! I'll cry if it can't count.
2) I'd rather not see peeps restricted to cooking something they may not want to, or are unable to.

JudoChop

It sounds fun Yog but I think it'd be unfair on the competitors that signed up for it in the first place thinking it was a just a straight cooking comp.

Plus Pasta has already cooked his, the efficient chef that he is. ;)

Who knows, maybe something could be implemented for IGI Iron Cook 2012?!  ||beerchug||

Yog

Save it for the second one I guess. (When I reveal my long term can't-cook-won't-cook-hustle to be a facade..)

JudoChop

Round 2 competitors -

HeyThere - 43.25 point avg
Pastafarian - 45.00 point avg
Ryanryan - 45.54 point avg
OohShiny - 42.88 point avg
Captain Luke - 47.77 point avg
JudoChop - 47.36 point avg
Honey Bunny - 43.33 point avg
Hemingway - 48.8 point avg

Challenges -

Round 1, Challenge 1 - Hemingway vs. Judochop
Round 1, Challenge 2 - Tish vs. Luke
Round 1, Challenge 3 - FGOH vs. ryanryan
Round 1, Challenge 4 - Dadzilla vs. OohShiny
Round 1, Challenge 5 - Shylala vs. Pastafarian
Round 1, Challenge 6 - HeyThere vs. Tesla
Round 1, Challenge 7 - Mrs. Pumpkin vs. Honey Bunny
Round 1, Challenge 8 - Hemingway vs. Krisikins

Could FGOH please reveal the Round 2 draws from her magic hat?

FGOH

Sorry for awful iphone pics. Names were written on cards and flung on the floor all at once for pugs to pick the order.

Here is the picking committee waiting to start the job:

Picking in progress:

AND, the pairs for the next round are

*drumroll*

Hemingway  - v - Honey Bunny
HeyThere - v - Pastafarian
JudoChop - v - RyanRyan
OohShiny - v - Captain Luke

JudoChop

Wunderbar!

I'll have a chat with you all to determine availability. I'm thinking maybe Pasta and HeyThere go first? as Pasta has already completed his.

Pastafarian

JudoChop

Pastafarian

That frikkin drawIng method is classic  ||grin||

Hemingway

Jezzebelle

Tish

Buddha

Pastafarian

Hehe. Thanks for the smile!

Luckily mine's already cooked so I can't be distracted  ||razz||

JadedPulse

bella--+1 for the drawing method. loved it!!
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

JudoChop

Ratman

There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

Pastafarian

HeyThere

hey guys... i'm definitely not going to be able to do first round.  i'm going to dallas in 11 days, so, grocery budget has been cut into vacation budget since we'll be gone for 2 weeks. unless you want to square off on a pb&j... consider me good for a later date.

JudoChop

No worries mate, I'll get the schedules done shortly when I get time to speak to the awesome competitors! :D

Hemingway

Tish

Buddha

HeyThere

Quote from: JudoChop on July 13, 2011, 07:25:55 PM
No worries mate, I'll get the schedules done shortly when I get time to speak to the awesome competitors! :D

are you implying that i am non-awesome?  ||huh||

Jezzebelle

ryan is good anytime, just him a couple weeks notice

Ratman

Quote from: Jezzebelle on July 13, 2011, 09:41:40 PM
ryan is good anytime, just him a couple weeks notice

Yes but is he good to cook at any time?

Jezzebelle

Ratman

JudoChop

Quote from: HeyThere on July 13, 2011, 09:40:13 PM
Quote from: JudoChop on July 13, 2011, 07:25:55 PM

are you implying that i am non-awesome?  ||huh||

Of course you are! yes you are you awesome little thing. *tickles*

Pastafarian

Quote from: Tish on July 13, 2011, 08:32:09 PM

Did that smiley just get drowned in the biggest cum-shot Eva?!

Tish

Buddha

Pastafarian

FGOH

He doesn't look too happy to me. Also, you have ruined fried eggs for me forever.  ||sad||

Pastafarian

Tish

Quote from: FGOH on July 14, 2011, 10:07:46 AM
He doesn't look too happy to me. Also, you have ruined fried eggs for me forever.  ||sad||
These are cutie cute fried eggs! 

Buddha

Ratman

Quote from: Tish on July 14, 2011, 10:28:08 AM
Quote from: FGOH on July 14, 2011, 10:07:46 AM
These are cutie cute fried eggs! 

Can you imagine two hot eggs on your eyes?  ||shocked|| ||runaway||

Pastafarian

It's called a Tbag. Google it ;)

JudoChop

So how about some volunteers, I'm busy for the next few weeks but can cook after that, HeyThere is tied up too, any volunteers?

HeyThere - v - Pastafarian
JudoChop - v - RyanRyan

Ratman

JudoChop

Ratman

acctnt_shan

Smiley with a cleft chin?   ||huh||

JudoChop

I'm up to my nuts in it at work right now, but I'll get around to the schedule soon. Hang tight burger flippers! ;)

FGOH

Trust Judo to get his nuts in somehow.  ||grin||

Captain Luke

I think I might run with DavidM's baton:

Why don't you talk about your testicles, Judo? hAhA

Hemingway

Could I be so bold as to suggest a Members Testicle Photo Thread?

Any takers?

Pastafarian

Ratman

One thing though, Judo does have the balls to talk about his balls.

JudoChop

Okay, okay, I'm off work now till Monday. I'll sort the next rounds out as soon as I come back.

If peeps could post here and let me know their availability then that would be great.

Pastafarian

JudoChop

Captain Luke

Should be able to fit it in most weeks before Sept.

Captain Luke

Although I could probably do with a few more weeks before my tomatoes are ready. I'd like to use as much from the garden as possible.

JudoChop

Shall we kick off with me vs ryanryan? how does the 21st August sound, ZZ?

Jezzebelle

that'll work!  good luck!   ||beerchug||

JudoChop

HeyThere has opted out of the cook-off due to having a busy schedule, Tishytush as you were the highest Round 1 losing score would you like the opportunity to dazzle us again with your culinary wizardy? you would face the deadly Pastafarian.

Tish

Buddha

JudoChop

Ratman

Go Ryanryan, You got a hot chick at your side, you will kick ass.  ||thumbs||

Pastafarian

Thank goodness I've already cooked so your charms won't work on me Tish!  ||razz||

Ratman

Quote from: Pastafarian on August 10, 2011, 08:17:16 AM
Thank goodness I've already cooked so your charms won't work on me Tish!  ||razz||

They sure work on me.  ||whistling||

Tish

Quote from: Pastafarian on August 10, 2011, 08:17:16 AM
UGH!!  Dammit!!   ||grin||
Buddha

Tish

Buddha

JudoChop

I WILL get back to this soon, sorry for the delay I've been insanely busy.  ||beerchug||

FGOH

Oh thank goodness. I thought Judo had dropped off the face of the earth. Either that or the missus suspended his internet privileges...

JudoChop

I'm nearly there, should be kicking off again early November, sorry peeps...

Tish

I've got half of mine done, if someone wants to nag me to get onto the other half.... 
Buddha

Hemingway

"Other Half" and "Nagging". Two phrases that go hand in hand.

Tish

Buddha

Hemingway

Well this IS the volunteer thread ^^^^^

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

rickymooston

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Ratman

Quote from: Tish on October 19, 2011, 11:59:47 AM
I've got half of mine done, if someone wants to nag me to get onto the other half.... 

Nag, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag.  ||grin||

Hemingway

Ratty and Ricky! Get over to the other thread and start voting!!!!

JudoChop

Jezza, give me 2 weeks and I'll be ready to kick your fellas ass! let me know a suitable date for him to have his ass kicked please.

JudoChop

Just a reminder for the other participants, please let me know when you're free to display your culinary genius.

Tish - v - Pastafarian
JudoChop - v - RyanRyan

Captain Luke

I'm being a pansy-assed Musical Theatre performer over the next few weeks and will be too busy doing Jazz hands until 12th Nov. I could do the following weekend (19/20th Nov).

JudoChop

*notes*

I'll try and get hold of Oohshiny and get something arranged.

Jezzebelle

Quote from: JudoChop on October 28, 2011, 09:38:58 AM
Jezza, give me 2 weeks and I'll be ready to kick your fellas ass! let me know a suitable date for him to have his ass kicked please.

November 13th?

Tish

Buddha

Pastafarian

Tish

Buddha

Pastafarian

Tish

Buddha

JudoChop

Quote from: Jezzebelle on October 28, 2011, 03:22:09 PM

November 13th?

A few things have come up, how about November 27th?

Jezzebelle

Quote from: JudoChop on November 02, 2011, 02:11:41 PM
Quote from: Jezzebelle on October 28, 2011, 03:22:09 PM

November 13th?

A few things have come up, how about November 27th?

you cant put off having your ass kicked forever ya know... i'll try and make it work.  that's the weekend after our thanksgiving, and the weekend of our son's allstar football playoff's

JudoChop

Okay well let me know, he's more than welcome to cook sooner and just upload then.

ryan  me

Jezzebelle

JudoChop

Jezzebelle

Hemingway

Ratman

You look kind of shacky.  You better start eating more.  ||whistling||

JudoChop

Sorry Jezza, my weekends have just been turned into a nightmare. I'll get a date soon, promise.  ||unsure||

Captain Luke

JudoChop

Sounds like a plan, let me get hold of Shiny...

Jezzebelle

Quote from: JudoChop on November 14, 2011, 07:55:10 AM
Sorry Jezza, my weekends have just been turned into a nightmare. I'll get a date soon, promise.  ||unsure||

tsk, tsk

Hemingway

Ohhhh....... Make it so Judo! Dying to see what Luke is gonna do this time!  ||wink||

JudoChop

Luke! Shiny says she'd ready for December 4th, how's that for you?

Captain Luke

Yep yep. That gives me a couple of weeks to plan...  ||think||

acctnt_shan

Jezzebelle

Judo- Ryan leaves in less than week for a fairly long biz trip, and won't be back till very end of Jan. 

Any ideas on cook dates?

JudoChop

How about we cook beginning of February? date to suit you.

IrishMauddib

Hemi you know a thing or two about selling cakes  ||cheesy||

Think the Caramel slices I made tonight would sell?  ||smiley||

http://i50.tinypic.com/2r5e03q.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/1zq36er.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/vcytrk.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/demhar.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/a0j7k4.jpg

I made them after reading this thread here on the net and I added my own review at the end (under my usual username of Nozzferrahhtoo).

Hemingway

Oh very nice Irish!

Is there any end to your talents at all at all?

IrishMauddib

Yes. Growing tall is apparently out of my talent range... according to you... having met me for the first time last weekend!  ||cheesy||

Hemingway

Well I have been led to believe that size doesn't matter....   ||wink||

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Hemingway on July 03, 2012, 06:11:20 PM
Well I have been led to believe that size doesn't matter....   ||wink||

||whistling||

Hemingway

acctnt_shan

Hemingway

Thou hast cleft mine heart in twain madam........  ||smileysad||

acctnt_shan

rickymooston

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

LoriPinkAngel

Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now...  -Bob Dylan

Mr. Blackwell

This thread might be fun to reopen during these times of trouble. I watched about 7 or 8 different videos last night from youtube cooks. I used to love to cook. I made some Swedish meatballs the night before last.

I think I'm starting to get the cooking bug back. There are so many things my kids haven't tried. 3 of the videos I watched last night were about how to make a Monte Cristo.

Imma make some here in a few days and upload pics.
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth