News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Hi there....

Started by Kiahanie, January 31, 2011, 11:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Kiahanie on March 23, 2024, 09:35:39 PMThis seems as good a thread as any to announce a break. I had some problems with colonoscopy prep medications and ended up in ER for blood panels, EEG,ECG, CT scan and Xrays. Found out I have a pre-existing subdural hematoma in the brain resulting from either a stroke or severe blow in the recent past. It just interacted with the meds. Also a severely bruised rib.

I am on additional meds that cause confusion. I am taking a break from posting until things clear up. I will check in to read, but probably not post.
Awww, Kiahanie, I'm so sorry to hear this.  ||smileysad||

Rest and get better. Please keep us posted. We'll be here thinking of you and sending you positive vibes.
((hug))
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

kevin

ouch

get better
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Meat

Get well soon.  ||popcorn||
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

8livesleft

Quote from: Kiahanie on March 23, 2024, 09:35:39 PMThis seems as good a thread as any to announce a break. I had some problems with colonoscopy prep medications and ended up in ER for blood panels, EEG,ECG, CT scan and Xrays. Found out I have a pre-existing subdural hematoma in the brain resulting from either a stroke or severe blow in the recent past. It just interacted with the meds. Also a severely bruised rib.

I am on additional meds that cause confusion. I am taking a break from posting until things clear up. I will check in to read, but probably not post.

Oh, I hope things clear up for you soon. Take it easy, rest well. 

Dexter

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

none

ok special K you can do this.
the candle can only be lit so many times.

Kiahanie

Welcome back, none. This makes it easier to talk to you.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Kiahanie

That blood clot is probably not from a stroke. Last September I spent a week in Spokane getting in and out of a mid-sized car. When I got home I got out of the Prius, stood up too soon and banged my head on the door frame.

Dr says the clot did not cause me problems earlier because older brains shrink, so there was space for the hematoma without pressuring the brain. (One of the few advantages of an aging brain.)  The colonoscopy prep hydrated me, swelled tissues, created some pressure, hence the initial episode.

Glad it was not a stroke. Hope the clot recedes into the background again.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

youve had more than your share of head issues, you know.

Kiahanie

Yup. Gonna look for a refurbished one, or maybe even a new one.

Mark

Get well soon.
Mark's contribution to chess opening theory:
https://marksopening.blogspot.com

Kiahanie

Got the MRI yesterday and my brain is in pretty good shape. No stroke or trauma, just some old blood that has not caused any problem for six months and likely never will.

The dizziness and my first geriatric fall, was from the colonoscopy prep, A not unusual reaction.

The fall seems to gave dislodged a calcium crystal from somewhere in the inner ear, the crystal floated somewhere it ought not be and induced vertigo. A common cause of vertigo fixed, in my case, by the Epley maneuver.

Just ordinary stuff happening all at once. If they happened one at a time there would have been no drama. Funny how life writes the script.

kevin

i have found that life never consults you in advance

i hope it improves for you

Maria-Juana

Good to hear it's "Just ordinary stuff happening."
||beerchug||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

First day without the confusing meds. No longer confused.  Ribs are still sore but everything else seems to be back to normal, whatever that was.

Thanks for the encouraging messages. Back to our regular programming.

Maria-Juana

^^^
Good to hear.
Now, pick up your sword and shield and continue.
||grin||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

Yes. Thank you. I will wear my virtual sword as long as I can.

kevin

well, you cant sneak that one by in this place

Spoiler
When William Penn was convinced of the principles of Friends, and became a frequent attendant at their meetings, he did not immediately relinquish his gay apparel; it is even said that he wore a sword, as was then customary among men of rank and fashion. Being one day in company with George Fox, he asked his advice concerning it, saying that he might, perhaps, appear singular among Friends, but his sword had once been the means of saving his life without injuring his antagonist, and moreover, that Christ had said, 'He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.' George Fox answered, 'I advise thee to wear it as long as thou canst.' Not long after this they met again, when William had no sword, and George said to him, 'William, where is thy sword?' 'Oh!' said he, 'I have taken thy advice; I wore it as long as I could.'

Samuel Janney, 1852

https://qfp.quaker.org.uk/passage/19-47/
[close]

8livesleft

Quote from: Kiahanie on March 31, 2024, 05:08:28 PMFirst day without the confusing meds. No longer confused.  Ribs are still sore but everything else seems to be back to normal, whatever that was.

Thanks for the encouraging messages. Back to our regular programming.

Excellent news!

Growing up, I thought things only went downhill (got worse) 40s onward but recently I've been looking into these people in their 70s-80s and a few in their 90s doing just amazing stuff. A lot of them just started as well so it's never too late.

But start slow and steady, always stay safe with a companion or friend and just slowly expand the adventure - if you're doing outdoorsy stuff.

In case you want to explore gym work, find one with attentive trainers or coaches. What's great about working out is you reestablish that mind and body connection and firing up those neurons and nerves we tend to forget and ignore over time.

none

maybe we can roid rage at the gym...

8livesleft

Quote from: none on March 31, 2024, 11:14:45 PMmaybe we can roid rage at the gym...

That might be fun. 

We can rage over the benefits of 9 pounds and 10 repetitions over 8.5 pounds and 12 repetitions.

none

ah you must be on the painting crew...
can of paint requires two to lift.

Kiahanie

Quote from: none on March 31, 2024, 11:14:45 PMmaybe we can roid rage at the gym...

Thanks for reminding me. Gotta restock my juice. Meet you at the weights.

none

I took 4 times the dosage once, then got on the phone

Dexter

using a lighter weight just means more repetitions
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.