News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Notification from Leese

Started by leighann907, November 25, 2009, 07:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leese

Gooobs, I love hearing from you. ||wink||

catwixen

Quote from: Goobatron on December 18, 2009, 05:40:10 AM
Quote from: leese on December 18, 2009, 05:36:19 AM
Quote from: nateswift on December 18, 2009, 04:37:13 AM
Dang!  If you end the thread, I'll hafta change what I check first when signing in.
well, it's the end of the reason for the thread, you keep on posting , Nate. I like hearing from you.

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Goobatron

Quote from: catwixen on December 18, 2009, 06:49:36 AM
Dang!  If you end the thread, I'll hafta change what I check first when signing in.
well, it's the end of the reason for the thread, you keep on posting , Nate. I like hearing from you.

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!

STFU and GTFO!!!

catwixen

Quote from: Goobatron on December 18, 2009, 06:52:19 AM

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!

STFU and GTFO!!!

You are

catwixen

Sorry Leighann and leese, I will let him get the last word and will stop now.  ||grin||

Goobatron

Quote from: catwixen on December 18, 2009, 07:03:21 AM
Quote from: Goobatron on December 18, 2009, 06:52:19 AM

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!

STFU and GTFO!!!

You are

YOUR FACE IS, AND YOU HAVE BACK FAT!!!!

Brutus

Get well soon leese!!

Quote from: jill on December 08, 2009, 02:24:11 AM
Quote from: nateswift on December 08, 2009, 12:39:36 AM
Wow!  I'm envious.  YOU got proof that you have a brain!

Leese says: "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!"

||grin||

lol Wizard of Oz.

Waldo

Hi Leese!  Don't know you very well but I love you and I'm always thinking about you in a good way. 
What is it to you?

leese

Quote from: Waldo on December 18, 2009, 11:06:11 PM
Hi Leese!  Don't know you very well but I love you and I'm always thinking about you in a good way. 
I'll take it, Waldo!, and consider myself very lucky.

catwixen

Whats happening Xmas Day leese? Do you get day release to spend at home?
Or do family have to smuggle booze into the hospital?  ||cheesy||

nateswift

Hokay!  I knew it was there and I finally found it!  Forum rules page 643 Paragraph 1934 sub paragraph h:  "Any time a highly valued forum member suffers a disabling stroke, she must maintain a thread reporting progress in therapy until full recovery." 

Let's see you get around that!
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

jewbacca

Quote from: jill on December 08, 2009, 02:24:11 AM
Quote from: nateswift on December 08, 2009, 12:39:36 AM
Wow!  I'm envious.  YOU got proof that you have a brain!

Leese says: "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!"

||grin||
Wait, that's not what he said in the book...

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 22, 2009, 02:08:22 AM

Hokay!  I knew it was there and I finally found it!  Forum rules page 643 Paragraph 1934 sub paragraph h:  "Any time a highly valued forum member suffers a disabling stroke, she must maintain a thread reporting progress in therapy until full recovery." 

Let's see you get around that!

LOL Ok, If you want the boring particulars, you might regret it, but lately, I got the time if you got the ear.

I am still kicking ass in rehab.Lucky thing I started out really strong before the stroke The muscles in my left side are starting to activate as my brain remaps pathways to them and begins to recognize that they still work. This whole process is annoying and frustrating yet fascinating to learn about. I am in totalawe of the therapists that work here. Not only for their dedication, knowledge, but that they can get people to try what seems impossible in their physical condition. I joke with my one PT that he could get me to try log rolling and chainsaw juggling if he put his mind to it. He did manage to get me to walk across the gym a few days ago, with just two fingers on his shoulder and his sincere promise not to let me fall. When you consider I can't feel my left leg st all and have to mentally lock that knee every step and just trust his assurance that it really is locked, well, that's amazing.

So, when I go home, I have a long flight stairs to climb, one at a time, but it's doable, because this therapist taught me how and tells me I'm good to do it. Hell to the yeah, as Leighann would say. Now, I just need a cup holder attached to my walker for around the house and I think I'm set.

It's really weird to have all this disabled stuff around and to be using it. I don't know where this experience will lead me but the angle of understanding I'm getting on this slice of life is opening up many possiblities. I've already seen extended compasion in my family. Everyone's lives are changed in this.

Although it's still undetermined what caused my stroke. One DR. ventured that it was a combination of factors,possibly in part genetic, and including the damage done from smoking for30 years. Even though I quit more than 5 years ago, have been active healthy,great cholesterol and low blood pressure. So sorry Charlie. With that said, two family members are quitting smoking because of it One of my sisters and my favorite cool brother-in-law.  ||thumbs||

A

David M

Cool.  Any word from Jesus yet?   ||grin||
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

leese

Quote from: David M on December 22, 2009, 05:44:16 AM
LOL...No, although he's had ample opportunity,  make an appearance. Not that I asked him to, mind you....  ||razz|| He must just like some people better than others. ||think||

David M

Quote from: leese on December 22, 2009, 05:49:47 AM
LOL...No, although he's had ample opportunity,  make an appearance. Not that I asked him to, mind you....  ||razz|| He must just like some people better than others. ||think||

Don't you believe that for a minute!
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

leese

Quote from: David M on December 22, 2009, 05:58:40 AM

Don't you believe that for a minute!

no danger of me believing  any of it. ||wink||

nateswift

Speaking of which, have you got that poor chaplain tearing out his hair yet?
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Waldo

Leese, I love the way you write.  There's obviously nothing wrong with your thought process.  If you don't mind my asking, how's your speech? 
What is it to you?

Trevor

Quote from: Waldo on December 22, 2009, 01:19:26 PM
Leese, I love the way you write.  There's obviously nothing wrong with your thought process.  If you don't mind my asking, how's your speech? 
I can answer that if you like.
Her speech is totally fine Waldo. I spoke to her on the phone a week or so back.
Her thought/mental processes, intellgience and speech are completely in tact.
Not to mention her sense of humour. She was even full of jokes.

what a women!
||beerchug||
Chief of Hooters
WILLIE STROKER!!!!!!!

leese

Quote from: Trevor on December 22, 2009, 01:23:09 PM
Quote from: Waldo on December 22, 2009, 01:19:26 PM
Thanks, Trev ||beerchug||
I can answer that if you like.
Her speech is totally fine Waldo. I spoke to her on the phone a week or so back.
Her thought/mental processes, intellgience and speech are completely in tact.
Not to mention her sense of humour. She was even full of jokes.

what a women!
||beerchug||
Thanks, TrevorYou're pretty damn awesome yourself!
WaldoI don't mind. I'm pretty immersed in all this stroke business right now and am not embarrassed about anything regarding it, except some pictures my husband and daughter keep taking of me. in which need to be destroyed. ,The first week after the stroke, I had some slurring and my husband said I sounded like
Larry Flint, which made us laugh, but I'm back to normal, except I've lost my whistle..Leighann bought me a harmonica to work on the muscles, so I can get it back. I haven't tried much in singing ranges, just a little radio singing in the car, and it sounded off, but it wasn't remarkable to beginwith ||cool||  I just like to sing for my own pleasure and hope it's a temporary loss.

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 22, 2009, 01:17:30 PM

The Chaplin is actually a really beautiful woman, inside and out.She said she would sign-up here. I'll remind her when she stops in again. She and I are very polite to each other, as it should be, but she isn't one of those literalist, so I don't  have much to get riled about, and she keeps it very secular in her concern and conversation with me and my family. Like I said, very nice woman...

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 23, 2009, 02:42:29 AM

The Chaplin is actually a really beautiful woman, inside and out.She said she would sign-up here. I'll remind her when she stops in again. She and I are very polite to each other, as it should be, but she isn't one of those literalist, so I don't  have much to get riled about, and she keeps it very secular in her concern and conversation with me and my family. Like I said, very nice woman...

Woohoo!  An exception to mainstream tradition that we hope to see more of!  I'd ask if you are sure she's not a Quaker except that I am so happy to see others finding out what we have long known.

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 23, 2009, 06:52:43 AM
Quote from: leese on December 23, 2009, 02:42:29 AM

The Chaplin is actually a really beautiful woman, inside and out.She said she would sign-up here. I'll remind her when she stops in again. She and I are very polite to each other, as it should be, but she isn't one of those literalist, so I don't  have much to get riled about, and she keeps it very secular in her concern and conversation with me and my family. Like I said, very nice woman...

w

Woohoo!  An exception to mainstream tradition that we hope to see more of!  I'd ask if you are sure she's not a Quaker except that I am so happy to see others finding out what we have long known.
e had nice things to mutualy say about Quakers. She seems to have a wide outlook on religion. Her job here requires her to offer counsiling and support to people of all faiths, or of none, at the possibly worst times in their lives. She's very sensitive to people rather than dogma. I don't see the literal bible christians surviving, let alone florishing as they have been far into the future, except as main characters in horror movies .I will certainly do my part to fight all the evil bigiotedhate crap they endorse for society.

leese

Quote from: catwixen on December 22, 2009, 01:27:54 AM
got a pass for xmas eve, went out for Japanese food with my little family. It was very nice to be out just like normal.

tomorrow, I have another pass and We'll go out for a while. I didn't get to do any shopping or decorating before all this so, it's a low-key holiday this year. we're all just happy I didn't kick the bucket. I'm going to have a familydinner at home on New years Day. There is a ham and cheesecake sitting in my fridge at home that my mom sends every year that we look forward to sharing. at Christmas. Leighann will be cooking it this year. She just took my dog to live at her house until I'm brtter. Her kitties are royally pissed, and she's been sending my pictures of their little angry faces.Molly loves kitties. She likes to nibble them because they taste so good. kitties don't like to be nibbled.

i hope everyone is sharing this time with people they love and that love them back. Happy Holidays to all. ||hug||

catwixen

Merry Xmas leesey....luv you heaps.
Glad you got out for a while..... ||love||

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 24, 2009, 03:19:34 AM
She seems to have a wide outlook on religion. Her job here requires her to offer counsiling and support to people of all faiths, or of none, at the possibly worst times in their lives. She's very sensitive to people rather than dogma. I don't see the literal bible christians surviving, let alone florishing as they have been far into the future, except as main characters in horror movies .I will certainly do my part to fight all the evil bigiotedhate crap they endorse for society.

I'm witchoo!  I will also be doing my part to spread the love that is the basis for the faith some of us have and which all can share regardless of faith.

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 25, 2009, 06:48:29 AM
Quote from: catwixen on December 22, 2009, 01:27:54 AM
got a pass for xmas eve, went out for Japanese food with my little family. It was very nice to be out just like normal.

tomorrow, I have another pass and We'll go out for a while. I didn't get to do any shopping or decorating before all this so, it's a low-key holiday this year. we're all just happy I didn't kick the bucket. I'm going to have a familydinner at home on New years Day. There is a ham and cheesecake sitting in my fridge at home that my mom sends every year that we look forward to sharing. at Christmas. Leighann will be cooking it this year. She just took my dog to live at her house until I'm brtter. Her kitties are royally pissed, and she's been sending my pictures of their little angry faces.Molly loves kitties. She likes to nibble them because they taste so good. kitties don't like to be nibbled.

i hope everyone is sharing this time with people they love and that love them back. Happy Holidays to all. ||hug||

WHAT?  No turkey sushi?!!  Gladya got paroled.  Best wishes for the holidays

sky

Best wishes leese, hang in there. I hope all your hard work pays off big time!
My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

jill

Quote from: leese on December 25, 2009, 06:48:29 AM

Thank you Leese!  Hugs back.

I'm so glad to see that you're able to get out and about a bit.

Merry Christmas!   ||beerchug||
It is what it is