News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Notification from Leese

Started by leighann907, November 25, 2009, 07:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill

It is what it is

leighann907

Quote from: jill on November 28, 2009, 01:25:34 AM
How is Leese doing today? 
Today's progress has been a little better.. just like every day we've been here so far. All of her therapists say that she's doing really well. If she keeps this pace up, she may be moved from the neurology unit to the rehabilitation unit within the next week or so. This afternoon during the therapy session, the neurologist described her recovery as phenomenal! The best hurdle today was getting into the wheelchair for physical therapy without using a slide board. She was able to stand and pivot instead with very little assistance... mom is a champion! Spirits are still high. In fact, we were all sitting around laughing so hard last night that the nurse in the unit had to come in a tell us to quiet down. Her neurologist is supposed to e-mail a power point presentation with mom's CAT scan pictures soon. Mom is pretty jazzed about getting them. We're thinking they'll make supreme Christmas cards this year. Everybody, thanks again for all the well wishes and kind support! I'm pretty sure checking IGI is one of mom's favorite parts of the day. I appreciate everyone rallying up sweet compliments for me too... I'm enjoying being here for her and operating as her official networker. :) Take care!

leighann907

Leese: "I miss the protectors of asshattery free zones, and even the most consummate purveyors of asshattery practices. In short, I'm lonesome for you guys."

rickymooston

Quote from: leighann907 on November 28, 2009, 02:55:31 AM
I'm pretty sure checking IGI is one of mom's favorite parts of the day.

Good to hear. I was getting afraid we might have caused her illness. ;).

Glad to hear she's doing better.

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Sita

Quote from: leighann907 on November 28, 2009, 02:55:31 AM
Today's progress has been a little better.. just like every day we've been here so far. All of her therapists say that she's doing really well. If she keeps this pace up, she may be moved from the neurology unit to the rehabilitation unit within the next week or so. This afternoon during the therapy session, the neurologist described her recovery as phenomenal! The best hurdle today was getting into the wheelchair for physical therapy without using a slide board. She was able to stand and pivot instead with very little assistance... mom is a champion! Spirits are still high. In fact, we were all sitting around laughing so hard last night that the nurse in the unit had to come in a tell us to quiet down.

I'm so happy to hear ^that.   ||banana||
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

Servant of God

WAY TO GO LEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana||

Keep it up, you'll be dancing soon  ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil||
Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

dutchy

Just found this topic,

Leese I don't know you that much, but  I truly hope you recover very soon.

My dad (84) had a major stroke at 72 (six by-passes) and is still going strong.

All the best to you !

Ratman

Oh Leese, Please get better and I send all the warm and heartfelt wishes to get better dear.  I love ya girl.

Ratman
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

leighann907

LEESE: "Today, I've just been thinking about plans gone awry. This happens to all of us to one degree or another. Sometimes it's as trivial as a bumped airline flight and missing our connection. For others it can be a monumental loss of someone essential to their lives. It deviates their entire life's plan. Fortunately for me this year, my derailment wasn't permanent or tragic. My initial plans for this a Winter were to spend my time relearning to cross country ski amid spruce and birch bedecked trails and shushing along white velvet powder. Instead I am relearning things that I learned before I was a year old. Things like sitting upright, standing, walking, and some finer motor skills. Skiing can wait until next year. This winter will be spent determinedly pursuing self-sufficiency. I live in a second story condo and the stairs in my mind might as well be Denali. I've never wanted to climb a mountain but I will depending on what's at the top. In this case... life.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. A stroke at 47 is far preferable to a car accident or loss of a body part at any age. The hospital staff is a willing and naive audience for any and all inappropriate stroke jokes I think of throughout the day. All in all, I'm doing good. A strong right side, perverse sense of humor and a wicked stubborn streak will get me out of this mess in no time. Two things I really miss are the forum and pooping alone. Hard to say which one I miss the most. That's all for now, Leighann needs to do her homework."
Love, Leese

catwixen

+1 ^ I have to go and "give you one" in your profile now. ||shocked||
Really great to hear your thoughts leese!
I guess in these sort of times...it is about adapting, to make a positive from what you are experiencing? I don't fricking know...but it is what I got from your post leesey.
Thanx Leighann.
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

catwixen

Haha just went to give leese a +1 in her profiles' "last posts of this person."

This was it:
Quote from: leese on November 22, 2009, 09:49:14 AM

Pffftt... Go back to gluing your balsa wood.

Giving s**t to Assy!  ||thumbs||

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

BladeofTheImmortal

Did she get my flirtations? I'm really good at it.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(>'.'<) and (='.'=) should just get along!
(")_(")       (")_(")

jill

Quote from: leighann907 on November 29, 2009, 04:18:40 AM
LEESE: "Today, I've just been thinking about plans gone awry. This happens to all of us to one degree or another. Sometimes it's as trivial as a bumped airline flight and missing our connection. For others it can be a monumental loss of someone essential to their lives. It deviates their entire life's plan. Fortunately for me this year, my derailment wasn't permanent or tragic. My initial plans for this a Winter were to spend my time relearning to cross country ski amid spruce and birch bedecked trails and shushing along white velvet powder. Instead I am relearning things that I learned before I was a year old. Things like sitting upright, standing, walking, and some finer motor skills. Skiing can wait until next year. This winter will be spent determinedly pursuing self-sufficiency. I live in a second story condo and the stairs in my mind might as well be Denali. I've never wanted to climb a mountain but I will depending on what's at the top. In this case... life.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. A stroke at 47 is far preferable to a car accident or loss of a body part at any age. The hospital staff is a willing and naive audience for any and all inappropriate stroke jokes I think of throughout the day. All in all, I'm doing good. A strong right side, perverse sense of humor and a wicked stubborn streak will get me out of this mess in no time. Two things I really miss are the forum and pooping alone. Hard to say which one I miss the most. That's all for now, Leighann needs to do her homework."
Love, Leese

I was just getting ready to go to bed...decided to pop in here real quick first.  I am SO glad I did.  This just made my day.  What an awesome outlook you have.

||beerchug||  Here's to pooping alone soon my friend!   !   
It is what it is

leese

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on November 29, 2009, 04:38:42 AM
yes Blade, you are you should further hone your skills on Leighann. she's made old salty fishermen cry with her refusals of overtures

leese

Quote from: jill on November 29, 2009, 04:39:54 AM

Love, Leese

I was just getting ready to go to bed...decided to pop in here real quick first.  I am SO glad I did.  This just made my day.  What an awesome outlook you have.

Thanks, Cat. i'm having some fun along with the work. it's 4 hours in a gym instead of my regular  life 2 hours. not a big problem. it's like having personal trainers. I also have a speech therapist eho is tons of fun to play with. one of her tests is to tell me  a story and then I have to tell it back to her. my versions are MUCH better. I offered to rewrite her testingmaterials to help keep patient's attention. The math tests suck though. Givenhalf a chance I could fix those too.

Kerlyssa

BladeofTheImmortal

Quote from: leese on November 29, 2009, 06:12:23 AM
yes Blade, you are you should further hone your skills on Leighann. she's made old salty fishermen cry with her refusals of overtures
That's a challenge. Hope you get well soon. Then you can come over to my place.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(>'.'<) and (='.'=) should just get along!
(")_(")       (")_(")

rickymooston

she's made old salty fishermen cry with her refusals of overtures

She doens't date the eskimo?
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Happy Evolute

Two things I really miss are the forum and pooping alone. Hard to say which one I miss the most.

My two favourite activities!

||think||

So hard to choose ... play on  the Forum/solitary poop/play on the Forum/ solitary poop ...

||cheesy||

Welcome back leese!

||tip hat||
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Former Believer

Quote from: leese on November 29, 2009, 06:20:40 AM
I also have a speech therapist eho is tons of fun to play with. one of her tests is to tell me  a story and then I have to tell it back to her. my versions are MUCH better.

Here's a fun game you play with some of your caretakers...just to mess with them.  From time to time, make a statement indicating that you aren't quite playing with a full deck.  Say something like you really appreciate the job that Reagan is doing as President or that Dr. Cranberry said you were getting released on Wednesday or something else that. 
Don't sacrifice your mind at the altar of belief

jill

Quote from: leese on November 29, 2009, 06:20:40 AM
Quote from: jill on November 29, 2009, 04:39:54 AM

Love, Leese

Thanks, Cat. i'm having some fun along with the work. it's 4 hours in a gym instead of my regular  life 2 hours. not a big problem. it's like having personal trainers. I also have a speech therapist eho is tons of fun to play with. one of her tests is to tell me  a story and then I have to tell it back to her. my versions are MUCH better. I offered to rewrite her testingmaterials to help keep patient's attention. The math tests suck though. Givenhalf a chance I could fix those too.

You're welcome... but it's Jill, not Cat.    ||tip hat||

I remember those word games the speech therapist played with my mom.   My mom would crunch up her eye brows and ask "what the hell does that have to do with anything?"  LOL   She didn't get the purpose of the drills!  :)
It is what it is

nateswift

Where's the surprise in that?  Now if she's making young, good looking and intelligent guys cry, she may have a problem!

'Twas great to see your avatar!  Looking for it more and more.
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Shawna

It's getting so a person can't wander off into Real Life chasing butterflies and rainbows anymore.

leese!  I am very very sorry that you are having to go through this, and I am very very glad that you are doing well.

Folks really have done research, and it is really true... laughter is one of the best things you can do for yourself.  So keep tormenting the poor chaplain; it's part of his job!

And of course, the second best thing you can do for yourself... Never give up never give up, never never never never never give up.....

Meanwhile, Kevin and I are praying for you and your family, of course.  The Friends have a term for praying when it is done by nontheist types or for nontheist types... we call it... Holding You in the Light.  It basically means thinking warm and supportive and healing thoughts for you.

By the way...  Did I ever tell you about what David said to Kevin and me, after we had finally started getting to know each other better?  We had known of each other for several years, but not really spoken much...  when we finally got around to talking and discovered that we liked each other's company and had a lot in common... David, in a moment of happy contenment, said to us, "I am so glad we got past your appearance, and got to know each other."    ||hammerhead||     David has serious foot-in-mouth disease, but he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body.  That comes across much clearer in person.

I love you, leese!  Keep on truckin!
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

Shawna

"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

john

Leese:

I am very sorry to hear of this, and am very pleased to see you posting again.  That stairway doesn't stand a chance.

David M

Quote from: Shawna on November 30, 2009, 04:50:58 PM

By the way...  Did I ever tell you about what David said to Kevin and me, after we had finally started getting to know each other better?  We had known of each other for several years, but not really spoken much...  when we finally got around to talking and discovered that we liked each other's company and had a lot in common... David, in a moment of happy contenment, said to us, "I am so glad we got past your appearance, and got to know each other."    ||hammerhead||     David has serious foot-in-mouth disease, but he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body.  That comes across much clearer in person.

||grin||   ||offtopic||  ||no_no||  ||whistling||  ||rose||
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

Servant of God

missing you leese  ||sad||   Hurry home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

JustMyron

Quote from: Servant of God on December 01, 2009, 02:29:41 AMmissing you leese  ||sad||   Hurry home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so very much agree...

Shawna

Quote from: David M on November 30, 2009, 11:39:06 PM
Quote from: Shawna on November 30, 2009, 04:50:58 PM

||grin||   ||offtopic||  ||no_no||  ||whistling||  ||rose||

I couldn't say it better myself...  ||rotfl||

I love you too, David!  ||hug||
--Origen

styleislove

Oh, Leese.  ||hug||
I'm so glad you're okay, I nearly started crying when I read the first post. ||sad||
I hope you recover quickly!
Love you, Leese-y. <3
You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.
So I'm going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how.
8y 8eing me.