News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Rox, January 01, 2010, 11:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rox

Hi there.

I'm probably not going to be a prolific poster here due to time constraints but I've been reading many of the posts recently and I like absorbing the perspectives of some of the people here.

I like music / films, my favourite colour is blue... ;)

No seriously, I'm just your average guy in his thirties who loves the internet and all the joy that it brings.
I'm an atheist (ex-fundie-christian coming from an evangelist baptist background) but I lost my faith a few years ago. The end result that my life has improved significantly.
I think the thing that started the ball rolling was the lack of evidence for god and the increase in our scientific awareness.
That's not a view that will resonate with most of the theists here, I'm sure, but I know I'm not alone in my perspective on that.

Anyway, there's only so much one can say to keep an intro light, so I'll bump into you all on the boards.

Rox.  ||smiley||
Keepin' it Real

Happy Evolute

Hi Rox, and welcome!

Have a +1 for you karma score.

Cheers,

HE
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Servant of God

Welcome to the forum Rox, hope you enjoy your time here.........  +1 for joining
Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

jetson

Welcome!

I look forward to hearing your opinions on people with similar religious backgrounds who think they are using science to discredit evolution!

+1 to you
WWJD?  Well, for one thing, he might freak out and flip some tables.

Sweetling

Hi! Oh, and say hi to David M sometime.
Keepin' it Real!

leese

Howdy Rox! Glad you found us! Nice to hear your life has improved, however it came about.

David M

Hey, being an atheist is a definite improvement over fundamentalist evangelical Baptist, but wait till you get to know the Living Christ!  That's when life starts to get really good!

Anyhow, welcome aboard.  I look forward to helping you discover that science is no enemy of the Gospel. 
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

Rox

Hi all.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.  That's nice.  ||hug||

Specifically:
Quote from: jetson on January 02, 2010, 12:29:52 AM
I look forward to hearing your opinions on people with similar religious backgrounds who think they are using science to discredit evolution!
Sure thing, jetson, and while were there perhaps I could try and help them disprove the existence of the sun by using... the sun? That'll work. ||wink||

Quote from: David M on January 02, 2010, 07:47:25 AM
Hey, being an atheist is a definite improvement over fundamentalist evangelical Baptist theist of any kind,
Corrected.  ||wink||
Quotebut wait till you get to know the Living Christ!  That's when life starts to get really good!
Gonna be a long wait I should wager. The chances of my becomng a christian again are roughly... hmmm... say... 0%.
QuoteAnyhow, welcome aboard.  I look forward to helping you discover that science is no enemy of the Gospel. 
Thanks for the welcome, David.  I'm sure we'll tug on this issue in the other threads.

Rox  ||smiley|| 
Keepin' it Real

Shawna

Welcome to IGI, Rox!

I'm sure I will enjoy discussing stuff with you.  I'm glad you're here.

+1 for joining
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

jill

Quote from: Rox on January 01, 2010, 11:55:09 PM
The end result that my life has improved significantly.

Rox - so nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.

I can identify with the above statement SO much - - it's always nice to learn of another person experiencing the same.

I hope you enjoy your time here in IGI.
It is what it is

Kerlyssa

||think||

A new atheist! It's been a while. Howdy.

Rox

Hi there, ladies.

Thanks for your kind welcomes.  ||hug|| (Above the waist hugs, that is, with strictly no hands moving slyly to the wrong places)  ||wink||

Bah, I wish there was an 'nb' function here.
Keepin' it Real

Sita

Hi Rox, welcome to IGI.  I hope you like it here.   ||welcome||
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

BladeofTheImmortal

You Rox!

I can't be the only one to ever say this, can I?
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(>'.'<) and (='.'=) should just get along!
(")_(")       (")_(")

Rox

Quote from: Sita on January 07, 2010, 12:40:14 AM
Hi Rox, welcome to IGI.  I hope you like it here.   ||welcome||
Hi Sita.  I'm planning on sticking around so that should indicate my current level of liking. ||tip hat||

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on January 07, 2010, 01:05:14 AM
You Rox!

I can't be the only one to ever say this, can I?
Hi Blade.  You sure are.  Just as well I didn't call myself "Sux", eh? Imagine the pure, unadulterated potential for piss-taking!!  ||wink||

Thanks to both of you for the welcome.
||beerchug||

Rox.
Keepin' it Real

catwixen

||devil|| G'day mate, nice to have you here.
+1 for joining us.
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Rox

Well G'day back mate.. it's nice to be here (all said in an authentic Auzzie accent).  ||banana||
Keepin' it Real