News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Member Photo Thread

Started by Dkit, August 10, 2008, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

Hiya Shy. Thanks for dropping by to say hello.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Jay

Quote from: Shylala on March 12, 2013, 07:03:33 PM
Ive missed you guys. Working hard on getting my bachelor's degree, hopefully ill have it by the end of this semester. Lots of ups and downs in college,  but life in general is good. Keeping myself busy with 100 different things, which mostly consist of surrounding myself with great people. I just forgot for a while that my internetfriends (aka you guys) are fantastic as well , so i hope to come back here more often.

Miss the smile and the laugh.  Glad to hear school is going as well as it can :)
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

leese

Nice to see your grin, Shy.  ||shy||

Woodrow LI

leese

Look at those dry streets. I'm jealous. Where were you going?

Woodrow LI

Quote from: leese on April 17, 2013, 11:32:02 PM
Look at those dry streets. I'm jealous. Where were you going?

I was on my way to the post office

That was out of this video clip

leese

What else is in town? Small grocery or restaurant?

Woodrow LI

Quote from: leese on April 18, 2013, 06:41:45 AM
What else is in town? Small grocery or restaurant?

A pretty good local restaurant. People  come 30 miles off the interstate to eat at it.  The cars you see parked were people at it.  Genuine home cooking type place and cheap prices.

A closed filling station

A classic vehicle restoration shop. Does some outstanding work but usually only rebuild one car a year. But the work is great.

The grain elevator

A small bar, attracts hunters that come up here for deer and Goose Hunting. outside of during hunting season it does very little business.

A small local bank

The town was actually much bigger in 1910 the block of buildings I parked next to have been vacant since 1910 Just the outer walls are left the interior has collapsed. The population is only about 100. The county is a farming community. Marion is basically just  the Grain Elevator.

but centrally located Within 150 miles we have Bismarck, Fargo, Jamestown, Valley City and Aberdeen SD

Hemingway

Damn.... it looks cold! +1 Woodrow!
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Hemingway on April 18, 2013, 02:35:16 PM
Damn.... it looks cold! +1 Woodrow!

I guess that is why only about 100 people live here.  It is a bit on the nippy side. 

Rumor has it that from here you have to look south to see the north pole.

Jay

What's the hat?  +1 btw

Emily

Are your ears as warm as your chin?

Put on a binnie and a scarf, you're gonna catch a cold!

Jay

Ahh.  Thanks.  It certainly looked military to me, which is why I asked.    ||beerchug||

Hemingway

Have you a cute lil Navy one Jay?

Spoiler
[close]

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Emily on April 18, 2013, 03:17:09 PM
Are your ears as warm as your chin?

Put on a binnie and a scarf, you're gonna catch a cold!

This is warm spring weather. In the cold of the winter the temps reach 30 below zero with a wind chill of  50-75 below zero. That is when my ears get cold.

Jay

Quote from: Hemingway on April 18, 2013, 03:22:02 PM
Have you a cute lil Navy one Jay?

Spoiler
[close]

I have several old Navy ball caps similar to the hat Woodrow is wearing.  And yes, I probably still have a couple of the white Navy Sailor dress hats laying around somewhere.  I still have my dress uniforms as well. 

And before you ask, no, I am not gonna put on my 'lil sailor boy' uniform and take a pic for you.   ||razz||

Hemingway

Quote from: Jay on April 18, 2013, 03:35:20 PM
And before you ask, no, I am not gonna put on my 'lil sailor boy' uniform and take a pic for you.   ||razz||

Aw.....  ||sad||

Tease!

urs

My hair color has faded almost completely. Considering, maybe, red like my avatar again. But still not sure. Thinking.

Garja

I vote blue. For whatever that's worth.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

styleislove

I think you guys deserve some new Style photos!

Posing like a fool.

This is just a picture.

Posing like a fool, ver 2.0

It was COLD. So, so cold.

I was pretty sick that day. D:
You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.
So I'm going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how.
8y 8eing me.

leese

^^Need happy couple pics.  ||heart||

Gnu Ordure

QuoteSee here; these are all just within the last year!:

Urs, as a psychologist, do you have an opinion on the dividing line between normal grooming behaviour and an obsessive-compulsive disorder?  ||whistling||

Garja

Yeah, that red is nice, but im a sucker for that deep blue.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

urs

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on April 24, 2013, 07:52:10 PM

Urs, as a psychologist, do you have an opinion on the dividing line between normal grooming behaviour and an obsessive-compulsive disorder?  ||whistling||

Gnu, if coloring my hair is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

urs

Quote from: Garja on April 24, 2013, 08:01:48 PM
Yeah, that red is nice, but im a sucker for that deep blue.

Me, too.

Regardless of what colors I choose, I am trying to gear up for something amazing. I will post when i have made a decision.

urs

Quote from: urs on April 24, 2013, 08:30:15 PM
Quote from: Gnu Ordure on April 24, 2013, 07:52:10 PM

Gnu, if coloring my hair is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

I feel I should also point out that I am only a psychology student at this point. I've still got a good five years before you can call me "Dr."

urs

Well. I did an experiment, and now I don't know what to think of this whitish-greyish-pastelish stuff. The upside is, now I pretty much have a blank slate to do just about whatever I want. How will I ever decide?!

Jezzebelle

Your eyes look very pretty in that picture Urs!
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard