News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Member Photo Thread

Started by Dkit, August 10, 2008, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Dude.

I dont know if there is a translation problem here.  But she didnt say anything that could be insinuated the way you are taking it.  And then you lashed out at her.  And that is why you are getting smites.

Again, maybe it is a translation problem.  IDK
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Augusto

I just posted my reasons, quoting her posts and it is pretty clear to me, eitherway I do not need her apology. I would be worthless at this point, and I am ready to leave the subject and ignore her for good.

Maggie the Opinionated

Augusto, you need to decide whether you want to be a member of the forum or not. You have a fairly serious language problem when it comes to sophisticated topics (philosophy, logic, etc.) and with silly language, idioms, popular slang, etc. This means you need to listen more and learn how we express ourselves outside of text books. Above all, you need to get to know the people here before making assumptions about what they mean.

Energy did not insult your wife. You simply did not understand what she wrote. Now you can continue to make an outrageous fuss about it or you can accept that you misunderstood and calm down. We have enough drama going on here without you adding to it completely unnecessarily.

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: catwixen on March 14, 2012, 11:25:32 PM
+1 Gnu for being a young rock god.  ||thumbs||
I did my best, Cat, but the truth is, I was a normal insecure teenager who became tongue-tied in the presence of 'chicks' - as we used to call you!

En:
QuoteI have to say mr Gnu... you are a cutie !
Well, thanks En - but that was thirty-nine years ago. My cutaceous period is now of interest only to paleontologists. I can't remember it myself.

Moving on ten years, I'd given up being a rock god and defected to the Russians. As you do. Within two years I was in command of the North Atlantic Nuclear Submarine Fleet. Finally, the chance to make my mark on the world, by blowing it up. But I didn't. As you know. I'll explain why later. 

A photo of Commander Nuvich Ordovich at that time:

nateswift

Doggone it Maggie you simply HAVE to stop making posts that I have to applaud. ||tantrum||
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

catwixen

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Maggie the Opinionated

*sigh* I never thought I would live to see the day when I didn't love drama... Now I long for more mammary gland pictures, testicle updates and IGI children's photos. We all need a rest from everything else.

urs

What about my newest hair color? Is this distracting enough?
(sorry for the link, it's virtually impossible for me to post images from my iPad.)

http://pinterest.com/pin/106608716149149203/

Augusto

I've never seen anyone that could use all those colors and look so good, if I were a girl or something I'll copy your concepts, for real...! :)

catwixen

Yay to purple and blue!  ||clap||
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Jay

urs

Thanks all, and jay, I love daisies. Much appreciated. I could use some flowers in my life right now.

Jay

Awww.  If something is wrong, I hope it gets better.

And you should have flowers in your life, so I can at least post one pic of real ones.  :)

urs

Nothing terrible, just stressed from school and work and life and stuff. You know how it is. Spring break starts Friday, tho, and I get to go to Las Vegas in April, so things will be improving soon. Also, found out today that my daughter inherited over $10,000 from her grandmother that died in January.
Pretty shocking, actually. So things could be worse right now, I am just being whiny.

Nevertheless, that's very sweet of you jay, and I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Tish

Quote from: urs on March 15, 2012, 02:16:45 AM
(sorry for the link, it's virtually impossible for me to post images from my iPad.)

Gorgeous, as always.   ||smiley||
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

leese

Quote from: Augusto on March 14, 2012, 11:02:49 PM
I will not, just because you spend 99% of your time in the social areas and you're friend of all this people doesn't give you the right to go for 6 por more posts discussing me or my wife:

First, you insinuated I was posting pictures without permission from my wife, which is sort of like I am a dark person to say the least, then you posted this:

"Well... you can use a combination of these pics by shooping... is that better?"

Spoiler

And don't tell me you came after me for so many posts with a good intention, you were jealous, here is you talking of yourself:

"and come on... less of this beautiful woman crap ... I am more than a picture and if you knew me"

So, no... I am not interested in knowing you. This is you angry now, making absurd claims such as "unsuspecting wife", calling me "cheeky monkey" and "naughty boy" and insinuating my wife looks like a whore: "I hope she is OK with us looking... oooh err.. sexy !!"

OK lets get the lost in translation out of the way... this ADVERTISED word is perciueved differently it seems.
OK, I will say again in the context of how I shouldve said it, dumbed down.
Hey you cheeky monkey, I hope you asked your sweet unsuspecting lady that weve seen her in sexy clothing, coz if she doesnt know then youve been a naughty boy... I hope she is OK with us looking... oooh err.. sexy !! 

I am sure it feels really good to be supported by your friends, but you had no right to said what you said, your posts were full of double senses, you were trying to hide your real emotions and people who does that are FALSE, also you deviate the subject of the topic which should be a friendly exchange into a chase against me, which is unethical.

So, just so you know, I disagree with your claim that you're more than a picture.
Augusto, You are the only one who reads Energy's words in the way you've described. My husband is afraid to post pics of me anywhere because I  am hyper-critical of my pictures and a lot of women are this way. Energy was being friendly to your wife as one woman to another. You missed that entirely. Social nuances and language mishaps possibly...but I  can assure you that you've read it wrong.

Now lets get back to keeping one of the nicest threads on IGI...just that.

leese

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on March 15, 2012, 02:00:28 AM
Quote from: catwixen on March 14, 2012, 11:25:32 PM
+1 Gnu for being a young rock god.  ||thumbs||
I did my best, Cat, but the truth is, I was a normal insecure teenager who became tongue-tied in the presence of 'chicks' - as we used to call you!

En:
QuoteI have to say mr Gnu... you are a cutie !
Well, thanks En - but that was thirty-nine years ago. My cutaceous period is now of interest only to paleontologists. I can't remember it myself.

Moving on ten years, I'd given up being a rock god and defected to the Russians. As you do. Within two years I was in command of the North Atlantic Nuclear Submarine Fleet. Finally, the chance to make my mark on the world, by blowing it up. But I didn't. As you know. I'll explain why later. 

A photo of Commander Nuvich Ordovich at that time:

Gnu, do you have any recent pics with some silver in your hair? I'll wait. ||dreamyeyes||

Luigi

I agree! More pictures of the dashing men and lovely women that make IGI so wonderful.  ||smiley||
Lord, please give me patience because if you give me strength, I may just beat someone to death.

rickymooston

Quote from: Augusto on March 14, 2012, 10:11:10 PM
She's okay with me showing whatever pics I want, both of us have all this pics on facebook, we're not like... you.

Augusto, two things.

1. Your wife is rather attractive. <-- on topic
2. Please be nice to other posters here

Energy is a pretty nice female poster. In terms of her question about your wife's pictures, it was a fair question. For the record, my wife looked gorgeous in a bathing suit when we were in Thailand. I really wanted to take pictures but I knew she wouldn't like it and definitely wouldn't allow me to post said pics.

It doesn't matter much but she is apparently rather attractive in her own right.

Oh and lastly, in terms of what people post, the question is, are their posts relavent to the boards where they post.

The forum tries to have some variety.  ||wink||
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

acctnt_shan

Quote from: urs on March 15, 2012, 02:16:45 AM

I think it's my favorite color on you yet!  Something about it really works with your eyes.
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: leese on March 15, 2012, 05:12:48 AM
Gnu, do you have any recent pics with some silver in your hair? I'll wait.
Patience, Leese. I'm only up to 1980. The yet to come silver era was, as you rightly surmise, a sight to behold. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long and was quickly replaced by the Santa Claus era, where basically everything went white.

But before we go there, we have politics and swimwear.

In 1987, at the age of 33, I decided to enter politics, and in fact was a candidate in the General Election in the UK in that year. (This, unlike my previous bull-s**t in this thread, is true). Luckily for everyone, the electorate declined to elect me.

This was the photo on the election posters:

Nick Clegg stole this look 20 years later. Just sayin'.

Quote||dreamyeyes||
Excuse me, Leese, but does your husband know you're making 'dreamy eyes' at me?

Sheesh, haven't I caused enough trouble on this Forum? Gimme a break here....

Jay

I was gonna say, you had to be from Britain.  Even though the other pic did look like a rushkie, it had a big ole British stamp right on top of it.   ||razz||

Luigi

Jay, he was clearly a double agent.  ||grin||

So wait, which came first, commanding the North Atlantic Nuclear Submarine Fleet or running for general election?
Lord, please give me patience because if you give me strength, I may just beat someone to death.

leese

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on March 16, 2012, 01:48:50 AM

Quote||dreamyeyes||
Excuse me, Leese, but does your husband know you're making 'dreamy eyes' at me?

Sheesh, haven't I caused enough trouble on this Forum? Gimme a break here....
Nope, but he does know I'm at worst a faux flirt. Dreamy eyes over some silver hair possibilities would be permissible. Contignu.

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: Luigi on March 16, 2012, 02:34:18 AM
Jay, he was clearly a double agent.  ||grin||
You got it, Luigi. That was my false British passport under which I took command of NATO's nuclear submarines. But unknown to the Russians, I was actually a triple agent, which is why I didn't obey their orders to devastate America.

See, I told you I'd explain how I saved the world. Now you know.

But tell anyone outside this Forum - this is a secret, right?

Leese:
QuoteNope, but he does know I'm at worst a faux flirt.
Yes, but does he have a gun? I know what you Americans are like. One minute everything's cool, next minute it's bunny-boiling and David Lynch territory.

QuoteContignu.
Hey, it's my name, I do the puns.

But OK. I continue. As you request.

Eight years later, my political ambitions were in tatters. My musical career was shall we say, stagnant. Spying opportunities were limited. I was the wrong side of forty.

The only thing left was modelling swimwear.

A bit of a let-down, I agree. But it was only a glitch in the narrative. Trust me.

Luigi

Meat

6 more beers and .............  ||grin||
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Maggie the Opinionated

Post the bloomin' picture for crying out loud. How bad can it be? Your children don't cause us to run screaming into the sunset.

leese

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on March 16, 2012, 04:24:02 AM

Leese:
Yes, but does he have a gun? I know what you Americans are like. One minute everything's cool, next minute it's bunny-boiling and David Lynch territory.

The guns were all sold to help finance buying the missile silo. American men have needless insecurities.

I'm looking forward to your next chapter.

Must  go and stir the hossenfeffer. ||tip hat||

Meat

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on March 17, 2012, 02:32:24 AM
Post the bloomin' picture for crying out loud. How bad can it be? Your children don't cause us to run screaming into the sunset.
Maggie O gets a quick peek via avatar. Hope it doesn't disappoint her.  ||grin||
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)