News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Member Photo Thread

Started by Dkit, August 10, 2008, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezzebelle

It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

TrisTennant

Quote from: urs on October 18, 2010, 04:06:15 AM
Oooh, Tris, you've got gorgeous hair! All shiny and dark! And the texture looks great, too! Is it wavy/loose curls?

Thanks. It used to be curly, then it became wavy until it grew too long for them. So kinda both but kinda neither at the same time.
But everything changed when the Calgary Flames attacked.

Son of Man

Quote from: TrisTennant on October 18, 2010, 04:02:07 AM
I've changed a lot since then.

That's hardly a smile.  Try again.  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Luigi

Lord, please give me patience because if you give me strength, I may just beat someone to death.

TrisTennant

But everything changed when the Calgary Flames attacked.

Yog

That's Mitch Albom? I always pictured him more like this..

Jay

Quote from: Luigi on October 18, 2010, 09:57:36 PM
Me and Mr. Mitch Albom.

I gotta admit, I had to google Mitch Albom.

And your a cutie pie Luigi  ||cheesy||
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Luigi

Quote from: jay799 on October 19, 2010, 01:58:44 AM
Quote from: Luigi on October 18, 2010, 09:57:36 PM
Me and Mr. Mitch Albom.

I gotta admit, I had to google Mitch Albom.

And your a cutie pie Luigi  ||cheesy||

Aw, thanks Jay.  ||hug||
Lord, please give me patience because if you give me strength, I may just beat someone to death.

Son of Man

Quote from: Happy Evolute on October 17, 2010, 05:18:23 PM
Quote from: Son of Man on October 17, 2010, 08:36:19 AM
Still, it would be nice if guys posted pics, too. 
OK, here's Mrs Evolute ...

HE, you don't deserve her. 

Son of Man

Luigi, that's cute.  Is that a recent pic? 

Luigi

Quote from: Son of Man on October 19, 2010, 03:56:37 AM
Luigi, that's cute.  Is that a recent pic? 

Yeah, it was a week ago.  ||smiley||

kevin

this is me looking severe. somewhere in michigan earlier today.

i'm in ontario now

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

kevin

this is more interesting. predawn at truck terminal in iron mountain michigan this morning

nothing happening in the foreground, but it makes a pretty good desktop background

QuestionMark

I watched the moon set this morning when it was still dark and wished for a moment that I had a good camera and knew how to use it. But even without a picture to prove it, it's clear God did a wonderful work on the background of the world.
καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει

acctnt_shan

Nice pictures kevin!   Like the glasses  ||thumbs||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Jezzebelle

Quote from: QuestionMark on October 23, 2010, 02:20:14 AM
I watched the moon set this morning when it was still dark and wished for a moment that I had a good camera and knew how to use it. But even without a picture to prove it, it's clear God did a wonderful work on the background of the world.

QM post a pic of the new baby  ||smiley||
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Dona

Me and my dulcimer, last year.  ||tip hat||
"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." Henri Bergson

urs

Kevin, that sky reminds me of sunsets in Kansas (my home state). And your portrait would make a nice...portrait. What I mean is, I am an artist, and there are a lot of interesting elements in it that would make for a nice charcoal.

JadedPulse

Oooo, Kevin was about an hour and a half away from me this morning.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

urs

A pic of me and my friend Ty at our class reunion a couple weeks ago. It was surprisingly fun.

kevin

Quote from: urs on October 23, 2010, 02:30:18 AM
Kevin, that sky reminds me of sunsets in Kansas (my home state). And your portrait would make a nice...portrait. What I mean is, I am an artist, and there are a lot of interesting elements in it that would make for a nice charcoal.

kansas? i remember western kansas as a child-- the endless sky all held up on pillars of grain elevators and rainfall under the clouds. and tumbleweeds bigger than i was

where in kansas, ursula? east, west, middle?

i usually cross the plains through nebraska, and never get to see kansas

acctnt_shan

Urs - your pictures always make me smile.  Such beautiful and bold colors in them, and you have a great smile  ||smiley||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Son of Man

Dona, that's a pretty neat looking instrument.  I'm pretty sure you're the only IGI member who plays one.  Or knows what one is for that matter.
+1

Kevin, you look more Amish than Quaker in that pic.
+1

Urs, I usually don't like to see much makeup on women.  But yours looks great.
+1

urs

Quote from: kevin on October 23, 2010, 03:20:20 AM
Quote from: urs on October 23, 2010, 02:30:18 AM

kansas? i remember western kansas as a child-- the endless sky all held up on pillars of grain elevators and rainfall under the clouds. and tumbleweeds bigger than i was

where in kansas, ursula? east, west, middle?

i usually cross the plains through nebraska, and never get to see kansas

South central. Wheat capital of the world. Our small town alone (8,000 people), has five grain elevators.

kevin

Quote from: Son of Man on October 23, 2010, 06:41:39 AM

Kevin, you look more Amish than Quaker in that pic.

it's the other people that look amish. i'm less picky about what i wear than others. i'm naked without my hat, tho

kevin

Quote from: urs on October 23, 2010, 02:43:00 PM

South central. Wheat capital of the world. Our small town alone (8,000 people), has five grain elevators.

garden city?

i went to kindergarten in liberal.

urs

Quote from: kevin on October 23, 2010, 10:50:51 PM
Quote from: urs on October 23, 2010, 02:43:00 PM

garden city?

i went to kindergarten in liberal.

Sumner county. Straight south of Wichita. Although, the wheat hasn't done so hot the last few years.

Why just kindergarten? Army brat?

kevin

Quote from: urs on October 23, 2010, 11:54:00 PM

Why just kindergarten? Army brat?

oil. same thing. kansas and oklahoma, manila, singapore, london, malaysia. never more than two years anywhere. my older sister is still out there

kansas has those spectacular sunsets because the flat prairies let the light shine through more of the atmosphere. you get the same thing up in canada, for different reasons. i was up above lake huron last night, and there was spectacular alpenglow to the northeast. it was much darker than this, but i have a digital camera that's slow to override

the road was right along the north shore so there was nowhere to stop, and it only lasts a few minutes. i took the pictures just to remind myself of what it looked like if i ever decide to write something about it. the interesting thing to me is that the red skies are all on the undersides of clouds, but the alpenglow is on the tops of things on the ground

Luigi

Kevin, you look.........for lack of a better word, comfy. Like, I just want to snuggle up to you.  ||smiley||

kevin

i reccomend you wait until i manage a recent shower before any significant snuggling. doing what i do makes me sort of like a dog that doesn't get washed often enough

where i live we don't have running water for four to five months every year, so i can't take a bath very easily at home. today in the chicago truck terminal i turned the water on as hot as i could stand it and just stood there for 20 minutes.

heavenly