News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Member Photo Thread

Started by Dkit, August 10, 2008, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Luke

OK, a bit late in coming, but here are some of my wedding shots. Was a lovely venue called Wasing Park, near Aldermaston. An old manor house converted into a wedding venue. Several lovely barns and a top class small hotel (only 11 rooms).
This was the ceremony room:

Captain Luke

This was the reception barn:

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Luke on June 10, 2010, 01:58:22 PM
This was the reception barn:

What happened to it? Did you trash it completely!?

||shocked||

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Captain Luke

The beginning and end of my speech:

Captain Luke

As you can see, it was a big finish.

No, Happy, messed it up a bit, but not trashed!

Captain Luke

And finally, my best man making everyone laugh, and the cake wot I made:

Sita

Very nice pictures, Luke.  Looks like a lovely place for a wedding.  I like all the windows in the ceremony room.  ||thumbs||
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

JadedPulse

Quote from: davdi on June 10, 2010, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: JadedPulse on June 10, 2010, 05:59:14 AM
I think I would pee my pants in an earthquake, or a tornado for that matter.

Give me a good old fashioned U.P. winter/snowstorm any day!

Ah Yupper, oh my gosh.  Seney Flats!  Where from, eh?

Ahaha. +1 for knowing about the U.P!! Not too many people do.  ||cheesy||

I'm way over on the west end, right on Lake Superior.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

leese

||thumbs|| You and Mrs. Luke look gorgeous and happy. Congrats again, Luke.
+10 for being able to make that cake, play a guitar and give tips on stand-up sex. You truly are a Renaissance man.

FGOH

Wow Luke, that is a super cake. Well done to you.

I hope Mrs P of the Otters has time to come on the forum from time to time as she makes awesome cakes too.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

GodsPROMISE

Quote from: leese on June 10, 2010, 06:54:48 AM
Quote from: GodsPROMISE on June 10, 2010, 05:54:55 AM
Quote from: leese on June 09, 2010, 06:05:05 PM
Quote from: Son of Man on June 09, 2010, 12:14:51 PM
The earthquakes are no big deal.  My sister is 20, and a few months ago she was happy to experience her first quake.  People sleep thru most of them, and what's left is generally too small to even notice.
I was in Ca for the Northridge -'94' and SF - '89' quakes.Those were the only two quakes that rocked my house pretty good living in CA.  I usually park on the top tier of parking structures living in the ring of fire.
hey i didnt know you were out here. im 15 minutes form northridge :) i lived through the 94 as well. i was 12. i remember it well despite my age. i slept poorly for months after. the aftershocks were the worst. every year since that day has an eerie feel to it to me  ||huh||
I'm in Alaska now. Quakes up here pretty often too.  I lived in San Luis Obispo County when those quakes happened. We felt it but no damage other than a few things fell.My sister was down near Northridge when it hit. she had displaced friends staying with her for quite a while after it.
wow! sounds scary! im boardering LA county and ventura county. we lost our chimney and back wall, everything in our cupboards and even all the water in our in ground spa emptied out. it was very scary.

GodsPROMISE

Quote from: acctnt_shan on June 10, 2010, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: GodsPROMISE on June 10, 2010, 05:54:55 AM
Quote from: leese on June 09, 2010, 06:05:05 PM
Quote from: Son of Man on June 09, 2010, 12:14:51 PM
The earthquakes are no big deal.  My sister is 20, and a few months ago she was happy to experience her first quake.  People sleep thru most of them, and what's left is generally too small to even notice.
I was in Ca for the Northridge -'94' and SF - '89' quakes.Those were the only two quakes that rocked my house pretty good living in CA.  I usually park on the top tier of parking structures living in the ring of fire.
hey i didnt know you were out here. im 15 minutes form northridge :) i lived through the 94 as well. i was 12. i remember it well despite my age. i slept poorly for months after. the aftershocks were the worst. every year since that day has an eerie feel to it to me  ||huh||

You're near LA, GP?  I'm most likely moving there in August :-)
yep i do! where are you moving??

Captain Luke

Quote from: leese on June 10, 2010, 04:04:40 PM
+10 for being able to make that cake, play a guitar and give tips on stand-up sex. You truly are a Renaissance man.
I have at least one of these things to thank the Church for. It's not the cake.

Quote from: FGOH on June 10, 2010, 04:23:07 PM
Wow Luke, that is a super cake. Well done to you.

I hope Mrs P of the Otters has time to come on the forum from time to time as she makes awesome cakes too.
Well thanks, I hope she can come and share her cakes with us. Does that sound smutty? Good.

Tish

Quote from: Luke on June 10, 2010, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: leese on June 10, 2010, 04:04:40 PM
I have at least one of these things to thank the Church for. It's not the cake.
||think||  Which one I wonder...

Congrats, it all looked beautiful!
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

kevin

this 15000 pound ring gear has occupied my life for the past three days

took it from wisconsin to ohio. it was one stinking lousy inch over the legal size limit, so i had to run banners, flags, and permit routes all the way.

i hate doing that because the police notice you (flags, banners, and flashing lights do that) and then they also notice my broken mirror and intermittent right rear tail light and the fact that my wiring harness keeps falling off the trailer.

finally dumped it this afternoon and now i can go home for four days.

luke, for some reason i thought you were already married.

maybe i shouldn't have said that
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Shawna

Luke, +1 for wedding pictures!  Yay!  (Only about a year late...  ||whistling||)

Kevin +1 because.
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

icec

Luke +1 for singing to your bride. My heart melted.

JudoChop

Nice wedding pics Luke and the venue looks great.
Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Captain Luke

Quote from: icec on June 11, 2010, 01:50:35 AM
Luke +1 for singing to your bride. My heart melted.

Ha, it wasn't entirely romantic! I sang Andy Williams "I love you baby" which obviously sounds gushy, but I had my three brothers stand up and play the "da da da da da dada da da" bit on the kazoo as a comedy interlude

Shawna, I only got married at the beginning of April, throw me a frickin' bone!

I'll get round to showing some honeymoon photos in the next month or so...

davdi

Quote from: JadedPulse on June 10, 2010, 03:48:15 PM
Quote from: davdi on June 10, 2010, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: JadedPulse on June 10, 2010, 05:59:14 AM
I think I would pee my pants in an earthquake, or a tornado for that matter.

Give me a good old fashioned U.P. winter/snowstorm any day!

Ah Yupper, oh my gosh.  Seney Flats!  Where from, eh?

Ahaha. +1 for knowing about the U.P!! Not too many people do.  ||cheesy||

I'm way over on the west end, right on Lake Superior.

Actually in Superior or just outside.  Ever been to Isle Royale? 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

Dadzilla

"I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings."

JudoChop

They're interesting pecs Dadzilla.  ||unsure||

Oh, and you're hot by the way. ;)
Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Tish

"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

Dadzilla

^^Way!  ||grin||

lol Thanks, Choppy! You're awful cute yourself!  ||wink||
"I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings."

davdi

Quote from: Dadzilla on June 11, 2010, 01:00:53 PM
Surprise!

Nice picture, looks almost like a golf course in the background.  Nice highlights in you hair, too.  You're right.  Who'da thunk it?
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

leese

Airyaman

Why the confusion? Its obvious Godzilla was not a god, why should Dadzilla be a dad?
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

wabbit111

Quote from: Dadzilla on June 11, 2010, 01:00:53 PM
Surprise!

Yay babe, I dont have to come out of the closet to explain out relationship now!

(good thinking ||wink||)

BTW who is the sheila in the pic?
Don't quote me on that........

acctnt_shan

Oooh 'Zilla's secret is out!  And I love that picture of you!   ||thumbs||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

acctnt_shan

Quote from: GodsPROMISE on June 10, 2010, 04:23:57 PM
yep i do! where are you moving??

Not sure yet...  either right near campus in the ghetto, haha... or somewhere like Culver City that's easy commuting distance.
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard