News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Advertising our private member groups

Started by Assyriankey, January 31, 2009, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assyriankey

Should we advertise or otherwise list, possibly in a sticky thread in this board, our private member groups?

And if we do somehow list them should we also list their membership?
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Lillium

Sounds like a good idea to me. Are you also going to include a discription of what the group is or a link to the sign-up thread?
Meow?

Auz

Never Remember To Always Forget.

sky

I agree with Auz. It would be nice to see the list, I think it gives additional information about the community here. Their interests and such..

Not sure if the members of each group needs to be put out there, but why not? what could it hurt to see the members of each group?
My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

rakhel

I think a description of what the groups are would help
There are two ways to slide easily through life:
to believe everything or to doubt everything;
both ways save us from thinking.-Alfred Korzybski

Assyriankey

My personal preference is to list everything: the name, its description and its members.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Auz

Well, I suppose if each group has 12+ members, it would be a bit of a space issue, but otherwise I think it's fine... it's hardly confidential information.
Never Remember To Always Forget.

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

FGOH

I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Kiahanie

I realize there is no rule or etiquette about exhibitionism, but wouldn't it be better to keep private members private?
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,