News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

What are you reading now?

Started by Zombie Kaczynski, January 25, 2009, 02:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maritime

Just starting 50th Anniversary Edition of William F Buckley Jr.'s God & Man at Yale

Catcher in the Rye (been a while)...noticed a few things I had not noticed before or  had forgotten. I met someone several years back that rereads the book every October. I would like to talk to that person again but did not keep contact info. A tad obsessed with the book (all of Salinger's books). ||grin||

maritime

Forgot to mention Ray Bradbury's Green Shadows, White Whale.  ||grin||

maritime

No Direction Home, R Shelton
First Da Capo Press edition 1997 (not 2011)

I love it so far (at Chapter Two).

Dexter

Quote from: maritime on March 09, 2024, 04:15:17 AMNo Direction Home, R Shelton
First Da Capo Press edition 1997 (not 2011)

I love it so far (at Chapter Two).
Let me know what you think when you have finished. I am a bit over my Dylan craze. I still listen though. I have finally finished The Master and Margherita.
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

maritime

maritime

Finished No Direction Home last night.
And my Bob Dylan craze is just beginning ||grin||.

Picked out my seat April 3...sat next to and met Tyler Thursday April 4! He's been a Bob Dylan fan since 10 y.o. (now 35). We had a great conversation. Loved every minute of the show!

https://www.dallasobserver.com/music/bob-dylan-brings-it-all-back-to-dallas-with-hypnotic-concert-19047622
QuoteDylan returned to North Texas and the Music Hall at Fair Park Thursday night, as his Rough and Rowdy Ways tour, ongoing since late 2021, approached its terminus. He'll wrap this two-and-a-half year, eight-leg stint with a two-night stand in Austin on Friday and Saturday.

Dexter

Not sure how long he can keep touring. He must have given up smoking by now
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Emma286

I'm currently dipping in and out of:

1) Be Water My Friend: The True Teachings of Bruce Lee by Shannon Lee
2) Codependent No More by Melody Beattie

At some point soon I'm planning to check out more of Carl Jung's book "Memories Dreams and Reflections: An Autobiography". I fairly recently learned about the  concept of the Collective Unconscious and am interested to learn more about it to see how it might relate to similar religious concepts around the world.
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Kiahanie

Finished The Iliad, working on
James: A Novel, by Percival Everett.

The story of Jim, Huckleberry's companion on the Mississippi.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

i have ordered what i am told is a very good book:

handbook of carburation, by arthur benjamin browne.

this 1916 book covers the fundamentals of motor vehicle carburation from a time when it was just leavn gits infancy. havent got it yet, but it has been highly recommended.

fundamentals in motor vehicle technology were established very early on, and the se early texts are really useful in undersatnding basics. some of the most important books in my library that help me to understand motor operation are pushing 100 years old:
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

maritime

Amor Towles' Rules of Civility