News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Hi, I'm Scrabble Hamster. :)

Started by Scrabble Hamster, August 24, 2008, 06:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrabble Hamster

Hi everyone! Just a quick introduction.

For those of you who know me, but don't know that you know me, this is NGB (nogoingback) from WWHGA.

For all the new members, first off, welcome to the forum! I'm Moderator2 and if you have any questions or complaints, please feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help you out.

This is me:

I'm 27 and living in New York. I was raised in a Christian family, attended church and bible study into my teens. Began questioning my religion in college and eventually rejected Christianity, though I continued holding a belief in God. I went a number of years without really thinking about it, but once I did, I was unable to find any justification for this belief, so I abandoned it. I called myself agnostic until I came to grips with what I really was, which was an atheist.

I enjoy discussing religion, particularly Christianity because so much of my thinking early on in life was shaped by it. Hopefully this forum will draw in people from all different faiths, as I look forward to learning more about the way people view the world around them and why they believe what they do.
If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits? - Carl Sagan

Son of Man

Hamster, we can't see your face in that picture.  Waa that intentional? 

By the way, +1 on your moderation so far.  You haven't needlessly bothered a single member.  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Scrabble Hamster

Quote from: Son of Man on August 24, 2008, 06:45:18 PM
Hamster, we can't see your face in that picture.  Waa that intentional? 

By the way, +1 on your moderation so far.  You haven't needlessly bothered a single member.  : )

No one's bothered me, yet. :)
If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits? - Carl Sagan

Happy Evolute

Hi Scrabble!

+1 for being a mod ||tip hat||

HE
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

seka

I'd give you a warmer welcome if you were less pretty.

Scrabble Hamster

Quote from: seka on August 24, 2008, 11:21:42 PM
I'd give you a warmer welcome if you were less pretty.

I'm stand-offish toward pretty girls, too. So you can appreciate why I haven't even said hello to you.  ||smiley||

seka

You know, I think we need a fair, uninvolved, and unbiased judge to settle this.

SoM, which one of us is prettier?

Scrabble Hamster

Quote from: seka on August 25, 2008, 12:03:48 AM
You know, I think we need a fair, uninvolved, and unbiased judge to settle this.

That's your idea of unbiased??

Well, I do have one thing going in my favor. I look a bit like him, and he considers himself very pretty.

seka

Hmm. I have not thought of that.

Clearly the bias is in your favor, but I am kind enough to let it go. (I don't think I stand a chance with any other judge)

Son of Man

Definitely you.  By a long shot.  It was very considerate of you not to post pictures of yourself, as you know what that would do to Hamster's ego.  However, there are more people in the forum to consider than just Hamster, and they would love to see Seka pics.

Scrabble Hamster

seka

Aww, there there. I promise not to post any pics of myself for a while, and you can charm all the new members with you prettiness.

+1 when the four hour limit is up. There really should be less of a wait.

Son of Man

Quote from: seka on August 25, 2008, 12:25:38 AM
Aww, there there. I promise not to post any pics of myself for a while, and you can charm all the new members with you prettiness.

+1 when the four hour limit is up. There really should be less of a wait.

As an admin who can change karma as often as he wants, Assy didn't see a problem with a 4 hour wait for everyone else.  I think he's trying a bit too hard to be just like ATT. 

seka

Ah, so King Assy gets special privileges. Another -1 in four hours, Assy.

rickymooston

You should ask the moose1 but his considered opinion is more pics by both of you are required.  ||666||

Quote from: Son of Man on August 25, 2008, 12:36:32 AM

+1 for trying to get more pics of certain forum members. ||666|| Be careful of phrases like "trying to make this like ATT tho. Meese may get the wrong idea ...

I think however you might consider posting a hairy leg pic. The moose have found from undiclosed sources that straight women like SoM leg pics. :D.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Assyriankey

Quote from: Scrabble Hamster on August 24, 2008, 06:29:57 PM
I enjoy discussing religion, particularly Christianity because so much of my thinking early on in life was shaped by it. Hopefully this forum will draw in people from all different faiths, as I look forward to learning more about the way people view the world around them and why they believe what they do.

Hi Scrabble!  That's my attitude too, especially the "why they believe what they do."  <- there are many different answers to this.

As for the beauty competition, I happen to think that Seka looks more like Son of Man than you do : )
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Son of Man

Quote from: Assyriankey on August 25, 2008, 02:22:39 AM
Quote from: Scrabble Hamster on August 24, 2008, 06:29:57 PM

Hi Scrabble!  That's my attitude too, especially the "why they believe what they do."  <- there are many different answers to this.

As for the beauty competition, I happen to think that Seka looks more like Son of Man than you do : )

Hamster is hiding her face in the shadows, which is very suspicious.  I think she just wasn't wearing a ton of makeup that day and didn't want people to see her real face.  Or her ears.

Scrabble Hamster

There's nothing wrong my ears! My ears are just fine!

rickymooston

Quote from: Scrabble Hamster on August 27, 2008, 11:06:57 AM

I must agree.  Your ears are very nice as human ears go.
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Son of Man

Quote from: Scrabble Hamster on August 27, 2008, 11:06:57 AM

This is an exact trace of one of your photos.  Photographs never lie.

For an elf, you're pretty cute.

Assyriankey

SoM, trying to pass off a photo of yourself as someone else will get you nowhere.  -1

And get a haircut!
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Auz

Quote from: seka on August 25, 2008, 12:38:10 AM
Ah, so King Assy gets special privileges. Another -1 in four hours, Assy.
It's only 2 hours now... awesome!

Also, I'll have a dredge up of the old forums' picture thread and with-hold my opinion accordingly!
Never Remember To Always Forget.

Son of Man

Quote from: seka on August 25, 2008, 12:25:38 AM
Aww, there there. I promise not to post any pics of myself for a while...

Since Seka isn't going to post any of her pics, I guess I'll just have to post one for her.  I made it myself, so I can do this.  : )

Ooh, and I just remembered.  Another member drew this one of Seka.

And, Seka, I just now noticed your fine print.  Very funny.  For those that don't know Seka, she can be very sarcastic at times.

seka

Oooh, I almost forgot that picture of me and Jesus. How prophetic - that's how my hair really looks now  :)

Son of Man

Quote from: seka on August 28, 2008, 01:24:45 PM
Oooh, I almost forgot that picture of me and Jesus. How prophetic - that's how my hair really looks now  :)

Had you cut it?  If so, -1.

red77

Hey Scrabble Hamster, I seem to recall you from TOL.....

||tip hat||
"Either this fence goes or I do..."

Red77 on outside deathbed

seka

Quote from: Son of Man on August 28, 2008, 01:27:46 PM

I had it cut. Cali water damaged it beyond repair, so that it looked all ratty. I'll get a picture sometime in the near future.

Son of Man

Quote from: seka on August 28, 2008, 05:15:00 PM

I had it cut. Cali water damaged it beyond repair, so that it looked all ratty. I'll get a picture sometime in the near future.

I've never heard of water damaging hair before.  But then, you were living in LA.  That's a creepy place.

rickymooston

Quote from: seka on August 28, 2008, 05:15:00 PM

Depends the purpose of your hair getting repaired. Are you trying impress yourself, other girls or silly guys. If the last one, you could have gotten away without cutting it.
https://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,239.0.html <--- Mabye you saw this guy already.

I think Jesus was so happy with SoM's jesus pic of you that he probably through karma SoM's way.

Anyway, +1 for saying you'll get  a pic in the near future.

seka

Quote from: rickymooston on August 28, 2008, 05:20:59 PM

Depends the purpose of your hair getting repaired. Are you trying impress yourself, other girls or silly guys. If the last one, you could have gotten away without cutting it.
https://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,239.0.html <--- Mabye you saw this guy already.

I think Jesus was so happy with SoM's jesus pic of you that he probably through karma SoM's way.

Anyway, +1 for saying you'll get  a pic in the near future.

Oh, it was definitely not to impress anyone, it's just that I like my hair to be healthy and it wasn't. More than trying to impress myself, it was that my hair was irritating me as it was.

On a related note, I can't say I really understand girls (or women) who keep their hair long to impress guys. Most of the time, it ends up looking damaged and stringy, and would really be much nicer if they cut it and regrew it.

Thanks for the +1  :)  I guess it means that now I'll have to actually do it...

rickymooston

Quote from: seka on August 28, 2008, 09:14:49 PM
Oh, it was definitely not to impress anyone, it's just that I like my hair to be healthy and it wasn't. More than trying to impress myself, it was that my hair was irritating me as it was.
||grin||
On a related note, I can't say I really understand girls (or women) who keep their hair long to impress guys. Most of the time, it ends up looking damaged and stringy, and would really be much nicer if they cut it and regrew it.
I used to tease me ex. Your hair looks great now; I guess that means you are going to cut it.

The worthiness of men to being impressed not withstanding, long hair drives 80% of straight guys crazy. I'll admit softness, silkiness, smoothiness or other stuff works too.

I'd say, 10% of girls look even hotter with short hair. My pen pal looks pretty cute with short hair but she looks way better with long hair.

(Note: lack of moose pic in this post. Photographer is answering.  ||laughroll||)

Assyriankey

Seka, FYI:  damaged and/or stringy hair is so far down the list of turn-offs for most guys that it's actually on page II of our operator manuals.

+1 for moving into SH's thread and making it your own :)

Son of Man

Quote from: Assyriankey on August 29, 2008, 04:21:44 AM

Seka, FYI:  damaged and/or stringy hair is so far down the list of turn-offs for most guys that it's actually on page II of our operator manuals.

I like it better this way.  And since we're talking about Seka now, it would be appropriate for Hamster to retitle this thread until Seka makes an intro thread of her own.

Assyriankey

Quote from: Son of Man on August 29, 2008, 07:05:13 AM

I like it better this way.  And since we're talking about Seka now, it would be appropriate for Hamster to retitle this thread until Seka makes an intro thread of her own.

Until SH comes up with a more accurate thread title we can specify the new title each time we post.  Someone should ask the moderators to remove those off-topic posts on page 1 of this thread (the OP, reply #1, etc).

I'll always remember Seka's first post on the old WWGHA forum.  It started like this:

Quote from: Seka
Well, this is my first time posting here, and the only reason I was driven to post (and register) was QM's extreme ignorance on many subjects. I desperately wanted to set him straight on some accounts (probably impossible) but now I don't quite know where to start...

I wonder how she's going with that...

Son of Man

Assy, what a buzzkill.  Why did you have to mention QM?  This is Seka's thread.

seka

Quote from: Assyriankey on August 29, 2008, 07:51:09 AM
I'll always remember Seka's first post on the old WWGHA forum.  It started like this:

Well, this is my first time posting here, and the only reason I was driven to post (and register) was QM's extreme ignorance on many subjects. I desperately wanted to set him straight on some accounts (probably impossible) but now I don't quite know where to start...

Turns out the answer is right there  :)

rickymooston

Quote from: seka on August 29, 2008, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Assyriankey on August 29, 2008, 07:51:09 AM

Turns out the answer is right there  :)

https://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,239.0.html  ||Kris||

seka

Quote from: rickymooston on August 29, 2008, 04:03:47 AM
I used to tease me ex. Your hair looks great now; I guess that means you are going to cut it.

The worthiness of men to being impressed not withstanding, long hair drives 80% of straight guys crazy. I'll admit softness, silkiness, smoothiness or other stuff works too.

I'd say, 10% of girls look even hotter with short hair. My pen pal looks pretty cute with short hair but she looks way better with long hair.

(Note: lack of moose pic in this post. Photographer is answering.  ||laughroll||)

Thanks for the hair advice, boys! I have heard that guys like long hair, and I guess that is once again confirmed. Again, though, it was not for a guy that I cut it (nor was it for a guy that I kept it long - as far as straight guys go, I hear that being a female is a bigger turn on factor than hair color, texture, shine, and length combined). I like my hair to be the way I like my hair to be  :)  It's actually pretty cute now, it looks all chopped up (that's basically what my aunt did... ten inches here, twelve there...) but in a nice way. BTW, this means that my shortest layer is still below my shoulders (just for reference   ||smiley|| )

Ricky, as far as girls and hair go (and keep in mind that this is personal general advice - there are certainly girls who are different), if she is complaining you probably want to empathize without giving advice. Go with what she is saying. Don't insist that it looks great and that you want her to keep it long (she'll just feel that you don't pay attention) but don't say that she is right and should cut it, either (that's more of what she expects from her girl friends, and would probably be offended if you said it). Something like "It sounds like you've been really frustrated with your hair lately. You know I love your long hair, but I bet that it would look really great if you cut it the way that you want to" (only in your words, of course, and not so... awkward... sounding) might be appropriate. When she is in a good mood and not complaining is the time that you want to praise her hair. However, you probably don't want to mention cutting it at this time either. Instead of "I love your long hair, and I hope you never cut it," it might be better to say "Wow, I love the way your hair catches the light when you let it down like that... you look gorgeous!" Send the message that you adore her long hair without putting on any pressure or making your love seem conditional. While this won't stop her from cutting her hair if she is really set on it, it will definitely influence her decision and might even make her not so set on it anymore.

Occasional teasing is okay  :)

rickymooston

Quote from: seka on August 29, 2008, 11:55:36 AM
Thanks for the hair advice, boys! I have heard that guys like long hair, and I guess that is once again confirmed. Again, though, it was not for a guy that I cut it (nor was it for a guy that I kept it long - as far as straight guys go, I hear that being a female is a bigger turn on factor than hair color, texture, shine, and length combined).

||laughroll||  Lol. Don't worry about having to compete with scotty or jesus for the straight man vote.

Also note: I said 10% of girls like EXTREMELY extra hot with short hair. At risk of being smited by ex-mormons, I have to reserve judgement on whether you are in this rare group via photo comparison.

My ex-gf most definately looked more hot with longer hair and this cute baseball hat thing but my penpal looks pretty cute with short hair. (In my eyes at the time, if my ex original had a perceived hotness factor of say 900, hair reduction might have changed that to about say 800. Other girls hotness factors at the time were not higher than say 400.)

I like my hair to be the way I like my hair to be  :)  It's actually pretty cute now, it looks all chopped up (that's basically what my aunt did... ten inches here, twelve there...) but in a nice way. BTW, this means that my shortest layer is still below my shoulders (just for reference   ||smiley|| )

You might be one of the 10%. ;), But, if somebody really really is nuts about you, he's gonna still be

Ricky, as far as girls and hair go (and keep in mind that this is personal general advice - there are certainly girls who are different), if she is complaining you probably want to empathize without giving advice. Go with what she is saying. Don't insist that it looks great and that you want her to keep it long (she'll just feel that you don't pay attention) but don't say that she is right and should cut it, either (that's more of what she expects from her girl friends, and would probably be offended if you said it). Something like "It sounds like you've been really frustrated with your hair lately. You know I love your long hair, but I bet that it would look really great if you cut it the way that you want to"

The problem is that has no flirting potential!!!

Dam, I guess your gonna cut your hair now might get her "angry" and that plays into the flirting thing.

(only in your words, of course, and not so... awkward... sounding) might be appropriate.

Hehehe, I like you see the lack of flirting potential.
When she is in a good mood and not complaining is the time that you want to praise her hair. However, you probably don't want to mention cutting it at this time either.
Instead of "I love your long hair, and I hope you never cut it," it might be better to say "Wow, I love the way your hair catches the light when you let it down like that... you look gorgeous!"

Naturally this is what happened the first time. Soon after she cut said hair. So the next time, I had to tease her about it.

Send the message that you adore her long hair without putting on any pressure or making your love seem conditional. While this won't stop her from cutting her hair if she is really set on it, it will definitely influence her decision and might even make her not so set on it anymore.

Hmmm. There are diffinately times were its best to be quiet. ||rose||  ||busted||

Occasional teasing is okay  :)

Hehehe. ;-).  ||thumbs||

Son of Man

The very day my mom got her hair cut short, she was hit on by a lesbian.  It's a bit longer now.  : )

Some women look pretty damn good with short hair.  Dkit's newer pictures with short hair look better than her older pictures with longer hair, and Laura looks great either way.

But for the other women, -1 if you cut it.  : )

I like what Seka said about being polite and making the woman feel good.  If a woman gets her hair cut short, and I don't say something like, "Oh, no, what happened!?!?!?", I'll generally just ignore it and not say anything, at all.  Unless they ask.  

And if I even care what the woman's hair looks like, then she's probably really pretty, anyway, so she'll still look good even with a bad hair do.  That's always reassuring to hear.

rickymooston

Quote from: Son of Man on August 29, 2008, 12:25:42 PM
The very day my mom got her hair cut short, she was hit on by a lesbian.  It's a bit longer now.  : )

Lesbians that I know like angelina jolie, who is most definately in the long hair 90%.
Some women look pretty damn good with short hair.  Dkit's newer pictures with short hair look better than her older pictures with longer hair, and Laura looks great either way.
||sad|| Gonna miss you man. (Suspect you may be in trouble in near future. Not sure why.)
But for the other women, -1 if you cut it.  : )

||666||

I like what Seka said about being polite and making the woman feel good.  If a woman gets her hair cut short, and I don't say something like, "Oh, no, what happened!?!?!?", I'll generally just ignore it and not say anything, at all.  Unless they ask. 

Depends where you stand with said woman and her emotional mood. (See teasing/flirting.)  ||666||
And if I even care what the woman's hair looks like, then she's probably really pretty, anyway, so she'll still look good even with a bad hair do.  That's always reassuring to hear.

Assyriankey

as far as straight guys go, I hear that being a female is a bigger turn on factor than hair color, texture, shine, and length combined

I think you're probably right but even a Ferrari looks better red.  A little bit of optimising never hurt anyone.

rickymooston

Quote from: Assyriankey on August 29, 2008, 01:33:19 PM
as far as straight guys go, I hear that being a female is a bigger turn on factor than hair color, texture, shine, and length combined

I think you're probably right but even a Ferrari looks better red.  A little bit of optimising never hurt anyone.

+1

I plead innocent and blame SoM for the topic take over.  ||Kris||

Um Scrabble Hamster ...

Whatever happen to that creepy attention you were getting? Did he blow away? Turned innocent? Restaining orders involved? What is your accountant look? I mean, ... I assume the first the pic nic sunday look?

In terms of the er, hair thing, do you have a long hair/short hair comparison pic?  Seems your hair is always shoulder length?

I can er, objectively say, I think shoulder length definately works on you, lol, as can all guys not SoM.

P.S. I loved your description of forum myspace blurb. Awesome.

seka

Quote from: Son of Man on August 29, 2008, 12:25:42 PM
I like what Seka said about being polite and making the woman feel good.  If a woman gets her hair cut short, and I don't say something like, "Oh, no, what happened!?!?!?", I'll generally just ignore it and not say anything, at all.  Unless they ask. 

And if I even care what the woman's hair looks like, then she's probably really pretty, anyway, so she'll still look good even with a bad hair do.  That's always reassuring to hear.

It is good advice, and you are wise to have read it. Really, it's all about being positive and giving praise to achieve desired results.

And you're exactly right. A pretty woman will still be pretty with ugly hair. In fact, she might even make it look good.

seka

Hey, I'm not the person I've heard this from. But about that list, what else is on the manual?

Son of Man

Assy, she doesn't need any red in her hair.  -1

Son of Man

Quote from: seka on August 29, 2008, 05:05:40 PM
Hey, I'm not the person I've heard this from. But about that list, what else is on the manual?

Seka, don't take any beauty advice from Assy.  He wanted this forum to be purple, brown, orange, black, blue, yellow, red and lime green at the same time.  He also has some really weird ideas about what makes a good looking woman.   

rickymooston

Quote from: Son of Man on August 29, 2008, 07:55:32 AM
Assy, what a buzzkill.  Why did you have to mention QM?  This is Seka's thread.

Seka likes razzing QM. The moose thinks religious guys intrigue her.

Don't worry tho, you can convert to Ricky's mumbo jumbo religion while maintaining your atheism for the most part ... That is, if you want to project the same aura of mystique that Jesus and QM exhibit with atheist chicks. ||busted||

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Son of Man

seka

Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 29, 2008, 09:14:06 PM
My turn ...

I'm sorry, but you don't get a turn in here. Go find someone else's intro to take over.

Quote from: Son of Man on August 29, 2008, 05:17:26 PM
Quote from: seka on August 29, 2008, 05:05:40 PM

Seka, don't take any beauty advice from Assy.  He wanted this forum to be purple, brown, orange, black, blue, yellow, red and lime green at the same time.  He also has some really weird ideas about what makes a good looking woman.   

What, am I now to learn that each guy has his own manual? This is too confusing...

Son of Man

Quote from: seka on August 29, 2008, 10:34:00 PM
What, am I now to learn that each guy has his own manual? This is too confusing...

Assy just has a thing for midgets but won't admit it.  He once showed me a drawing of what was supposed to be beautiful women.  Only she had short stumpy legs and a freakishly long torso.  If her arms were any shorter, she'd have been a midget.  After an hour or so of laughing, I told him what needed to be done to fix it, and he tried several times.  Finally, after going so far as to cut a strip out of the picture to reduce the height of her torso, he finally gave up.  If Assy ever compares you unfavorably to another woman, take it as a compliment. 

Son of Man

You all know that I'm that last person who would ever want to cause any trouble, but I noticed that two people are tied for the most posts in their intro threads, Vynn and Scrabble Hamster.  I just thought I'd point that out.  I'm going to walk away now.  : )

rickymooston

Quote from: Son of Man on September 21, 2008, 06:48:03 AM
You all know that I'm that last person who would ever want to cause any trouble, but I noticed that two people are tied for the most posts in their intro threads, Vynn and Scrabble Hamster.  I just thought I'd point that out.  I'm going to walk away now.  : )

Errrr, you scared away Scrabble hamster tho.

seka

Yes, this is always to be expected after I take over an intro thread, as I have these two. Of course, neither of these is a rival to my original intro thread on WWGHA. Ah, that was a grand thread indeed...

Son of Man

Quote from: rickymooston on September 21, 2008, 03:53:44 PM

Errrr, you scared away Scrabble hamster tho.

Let's hope so.  : )

Assyriankey