News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Karma's back online!

Started by Assyriankey, January 12, 2009, 11:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assyriankey

After much blood, sweat and tears I think hope I have fixed the karma bug that I introduced when I made the "Silly Smiter' modification last month.

In particular, try stuff like applaud/smite/applaud/smite on the same member(s) a few times.

Let me know in this thread if you find any problems with it.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Auz

Never Remember To Always Forget.

Auz

That seemed to work fine.... but why did my karma go down, but my smites stay where they were?

rickymooston

Quote from: Assyriankey on January 12, 2009, 11:52:23 AM
After much blood, sweat and tears I think hope I have fixed the karma bug that I introduced when I made the "Silly Smiter' modification last month.

In particular, try stuff like applaud/smite/applaud/smite on the same member(s) a few times.

Let me know in this thread if you find any problems with it.

Hmmm. Works fine. Lol
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Assyriankey

Quote from: Auzzie Souldi3r on January 12, 2009, 11:53:59 AM
That seemed to work fine.... but why did my karma go down, but my smites stay where they were?

That might have been me doing some testing.  When did it happen?
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Fit2BThaied

Just now, I applauded AusieSoldr twice in a row, but got the error message for the second time, saying I have to wait two hours.
I am often wrong, but not always.

Son of Man

Thanks, Assy.  Now it's time to dish out -1's to people polluting the forum with stupid threads.  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Fit2BThaied

I watch my post count more than my karma scores.  I now have leet posts.  Huh?

Okay, post count has returned to the 1,300 range.  leet was just screwy. ||troll||
I am often wrong, but not always.

Assyriankey

Auz

Quote from: Assyriankey on January 12, 2009, 12:00:17 PM

When karma went down... mine is usually around the 10:1 mark (ask Vynn) but my karma dropped about 20 hits and my smites stayed steady at around 30... it's not really important though

rickymooston

Quote from: Auzzie Souldi3r on January 12, 2009, 09:44:13 PM
Quote from: Assyriankey on January 12, 2009, 12:00:17 PM

When karma went down... mine is usually around the 10:1 mark (ask Vynn) but my karma dropped about 20 hits and my smites stayed steady at around 30... it's not really important though

+1. Mabye you were everybody's guineau pig
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Assyriankey

Okay, karma is still buggy.  Thanks to whoever used my personal score as a testing ground - such a pity you couldn't be a bit more helpful and post about the ongoing flaw in the system.

I went to bed with +473/-70 and wake up with +465/-90.

leese

I can give Karma out to different people consecutively, not having to wait two hours. I can't give the same person karma twice in a row until two hours pass.

Weeeeeee....Karmafest 2009!

Was the system like that before?

Mooby the Golden Sock

Tried it by giving Assy -1 and Auzzie, rickymoo, and SOM +1.  Worked perfectly.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Assyriankey

The rules I am trying to incorporate into the system are as follows:

1) You can only smite one member within a two hour period.
2) You can applaud any amount of members within a two hour period.
3) You cannot applaud the same member twice within a two hour period.

The bug is originating in the code that allows for reversing a smite/applaud.

It appears that you can bypass the two hour waiting period after reversing the smite/applaud.  I would like for this aspect to be tested by our members.

If the new karma code works without error I will be reverting everyone's karma scores to whatever values they had about 4,5 days ago.

Leese, yes - this is how the system worked as of a month ago.  Prior to that, you could smite every member once within a two hour period.

rickymooston

Quote from: Assyriankey on January 13, 2009, 01:54:51 AM

It appears that you can bypass the two hour waiting period after reversing the smite/applaud.  I would like for this aspect to be tested by our members.

If the new karma code works without error I will be reverting everyone's karma scores to whatever values they had about 4,5 days ago.

Leese, yes - this is how the system worked as of a month ago.  Prior to that, you could smite every member once within a two hour period.

FINALLY IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mooby the Golden Sock

You can still "undo" a smite by applauding the same person, but it still averages out to 1 smite.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Assyriankey

leese

Nice! Its great to be able to applaud members without the waiting period.

leese

I tried it on your scores four times consecutively. It seems to be in fine working order.

rickymooston

Quote from: Assyriankey on January 13, 2009, 02:22:40 AM
Yes, but why?

:)

+1 for out performing Hal on forum mods.

I honestly think that is tough competition.

jewbacca

Karma is still buggy.  I can still repeatedly dish out as many smites as I wish, without time lockout affecting me.

Assyriankey

Quote from: yosi on January 14, 2009, 01:56:50 PM
Karma is still buggy.  I can still repeatedly dish out as many smites as I wish, without time lockout affecting me.

Yep, me too, thanks to the info your wife PM'd me.

rickymooston

Quote from: yosi on January 14, 2009, 01:56:50 PM

-1 for telling him that lol.

Sometimes multiple people deserve smiting. ||666||

jewbacca

If I wanted to keep it secret, assy, I would have.

Assyriankey

Quote from: yosi on January 14, 2009, 02:09:15 PM
If I wanted to keep it secret, assy, I would have.

What's got me more confused than ever (and that's VERY confused!) is that the method of delivering multiple smites, as informed to me by your wife, has nothing to do with any changes I have made.  I will revert back to the original code and see if this ability, of being able to bypass the 2 hour limit as per your wife's instructions, persists.

jewbacca

It will, it is a bug in SM's original Karma code.? Works on several forums that use the same software you guys use.

Unfortunately, I don't know php well enough to work around it for you or with you.

Assyriankey

Quote from: yosi on January 14, 2009, 02:15:26 PM
It will, it is a bug in SM's original Karma code.  Works on several forums that use the same software you guys use.

Unfortunately, I don't know php well enough to work around it for you or with you.

We are now running with the original karma code and the bug, as described by your wife, has disappeared.  Can you also test this for me please?

jewbacca

You got it.  You must be using a newer version of the 'original' karma than I worked around before.  If it has a weakness, and I have your permission, I will find it.

rickymooston

||666||.

I like it. Just smited you both. And applauded you both.

I guess that's not what you intend tho.