News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

What Music Are You Listening To Now?

Started by red77, August 14, 2008, 05:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shnozzola

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Shnozzola

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Mr. Blackwell

At this time the answer is not no. The question is why?

Mr. Blackwell

I had a home for awhile. 

Maybe I will find another one. 

maritime

^this one from 2020 Super Deluxe album , I now realize

Tea for the Tillerman album

kevin

anytime an atheist says that somebody else is wrong, or has some sort of inferior way of looking at the world, its reasonable to ask on what basis they are making that judgement. if they have no answer, you can disregard what they say -- tom terrific

kevin

frq
anytime an atheist says that somebody else is wrong, or has some sort of inferior way of looking at the world, its reasonable to ask on what basis they are making that judgement. if they have no answer, you can disregard what they say -- tom terrific

kevin

maritime

Mr. Blackwell

About 3 years ago I stumbled across a random suggestion from youtube. Clicked it, loved it. Watched it a few times and I think I even posted the video here on this thread. I didn't click subscribe or click the bell for notifications but I liked it. Watched it several times within a short time frame. It never showed up in my recommendations again. I've spent days since trying to find it. I couldn't remember the name of the song or the artists. I even tried going back through my post history to see if I could find it. All to no avail. My memory is not photographic. In fact, in many ways it is sometimes problematic so I very rarely claim certainty because I always question myself first. 

Today I was listening to "All Things Considered" on my local public broadcast channel, WETS. One of the topics they covered was Ryuichi Sakamoto. He was not available for an interview of his life's work so they interviewed several artists who have collaberated with him over the years. That's when I heard a name that popped up my ears. Flying Lotus. YES! YES THAT'S IT!

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/26/1151693103/ryuichi-sakamoto-12-alejandro-gonzalez-inarritu-flying-lotus-hildur-gudnadottir

I am so grateful for serendipity. 

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: kevin on January 21, 2023, 10:41:08 PM

Reminds me of a trip I had back in the 90's. I smiled at everybody because I was glad to be alive. You would not believe  How many people smiled back at me. I don't smile so much any more because I am not sure I am still alive. It was a powerful trip.

Shnozzola

Maria-Juana

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Dance with me, Francis and unkleE.
 ||smiley||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Shnozzola

Brazilian Girls

maritime

Maria-Juana

Between Rap and Country Music, among other things, there's also Tango.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Emma286

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Mr. Blackwell

Maria-Juana

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Dexter

"Here is no water but only rock
Rock and no water and the sandy road"
― T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land