I was told I had registered here by Cmarie

Started by Gaston, August 20, 2008, 06:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

I'll leave it up to her to explain what she means, and if internet allowed for gloating, I would gloat over the fact that she was wrong... untill now. Perhaps that was the plan all along. Anyway, too much has been said.

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Son of Man

Gaston, your post confuses me, but it's good to see you.  : )

+1 for signing up.
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

cmarie

My evil scheme worked....(heh heh)

Welcome!

+!
The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Traveler

Welcome aboard, Gaston! Good to see you again. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Airyaman

Gaston is especially good at expectorating. +1
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Goldie

rickymooston

Quote from: Gaston on August 20, 2008, 06:30:15 PM
I'll leave it up to her to explain what she means, and if internet allowed for gloating, I would gloat over the fact that she was wrong... untill now. Perhaps that was the plan all along. Anyway, too much has been said.

You claim to be Gaston. Moose has decided to test you.

What's your position on Supernatural events

Just in case you are Gaston, +1 for coming over. Another +1 if you can get Nic D to pop over
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Gaston

Though it would be easy to fake it, allow me to answer that I don't believe in the word "supernatural". "nature" is all there is, thus if God exists God is within nature, and everything that happends is natural, and supernatural is in the end reduced to a simple "we can't explain this".

also to "clarify" the first post, evidently I was a bit wrong. It wasn't cmarie who told me, but a stalker of mine who for some reason decided to give her name.

rickymooston

Quote from: Gaston on August 20, 2008, 08:56:16 PM
Though it would be easy to fake it, allow me to answer that I don't believe in the word "supernatural". "nature" is all there is, thus if God exists God is within nature, and everything that happends is natural, and supernatural is in the end reduced to a simple "we can't explain this".

also to "clarify" the first post, evidently I was a bit wrong. It wasn't cmarie who told me, but a stalker of mine who for some reason decided to give her name.

Hmmm. Sounds like Gaston.

The paranoia about a stalker does not sound so much like Gaston. There exists another Marie on ATT.

Where did you get your user name?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Gaston

Quote from: rickymooston on August 20, 2008, 09:00:59 PM

Hmmm. Sounds like Gaston.

The paranoia about a stalker does not sound so much like Gaston. There exists another Marie on ATT.

Where did you get your user name?
I didn't get the name from any of the forums. Infact I got it from a person in a place that has as little to do with the forums as possible.

My user name comes from Beauty and Beast movie. As in my opinion Gaston is the real hero in the movie

rickymooston

Quote from: Gaston on August 20, 2008, 09:03:29 PM
My user name comes from Beauty and Beast movie. As in my opinion Gaston is the real hero in the movie

Gaston you've passed the moose identity test, welcome to the board again.

cmarie

Quote from: Gaston on August 20, 2008, 08:56:16 PM

Yes. +1

And the plot thickens...heh heh heh
The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Assyriankey

YAY Gaston, you still don't make any sense but YAY Gaston!

Thanks for FINALLY joining, this place would be the same without you if you never posted : )
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

catwixen

Hello Gaston, welcome aboard. Did you bring your guitar? :)
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Gaston

Thanks ferr the welcums. Now to the ones I haven't responded to yet:

HE: Thanks

SoM: All my posts are designed to cause an uproar in the mind of those who read it. I'm glad to hear that my post has at least attained this quality at one poster!

Traveler: Hellu indeed!

Airyaman: Unfortunatly I do not know who you are, but you are correct!

Goldie: Hey! Is that Goldie as in a girls name? If it is, that would mean you are a girl (or simulating to be one), and thus there are more girls on this board than most boards if my count is correct. That is something to respect!

Ricky: i am glad i passed the test. I don't have many tests nowadays (except for midterm exams in 3 and a half months) so it's a good idea for me to keep my test taking abilities in shape. Also, why dont you ask Nick yourself to po over?

Assy: *looks in invitation books... no note from Assy there* I know I'm self sufficient, but sometimes you'll have to invite me for me to take the hint :P It was pretty random that I managed to find this place! *I win*

Catwixen: Of course. I can't go a place withouth having Isabelle with me. i still have a lot to learn from her though, so our relationship is a bit jumpy, but it's steadily improving, and she's giving a lot less sour tones to me than she used to!

I think that was all.

Son of Man

Gaston, didn't you get an invite from the Stink Stank?  They were among the first to be invited.

cmarie

Quote from: Son of Man on August 21, 2008, 02:08:29 PM
Gaston, didn't you get an invite from the Stink Stank?  They were among the first to be invited.

This thread confuses me. The stink stank? I only am asking because my name is in the title, otherwise I would mind my own business.

:) However you got here Gaston, glad to see you.
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Son of Man

Quote from: cmarie on August 21, 2008, 02:15:12 PM

This thread confuses me. The stink stank? I only am asking because my name is in the title, otherwise I would mind my own business.

Cmarie, you didn't know about the legendary little forum?  Dkit's, NGB's, and Seka's Stink Stank was the first of 31 test forums that eventually led to this one. 

https://godslittleforum.smfforfree2.com/index.php?

rickymooston

Quote from: Son of Man on August 21, 2008, 02:19:20 PM

Cmarie, you didn't know about the legendary little forum?  Dkit's, NGB's, and Seka's Stink Stank was the first of 31 test forums that eventually led to this one. 

31 wow? where?

cmarie

Quote from: Son of Man on August 21, 2008, 02:19:20 PM

No I was unaware of Stink Stank, but that is awesome. LOL.

All of that hard work has paid off imo. Good job to everyone who was involved in the making of this forum.
:)
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Son of Man

Quote from: rickymooston on August 21, 2008, 02:49:46 PM
31 wow? where?

A lot of the forums didn't last more than a couple hours before they reached the point of no return.  Assy and I were very curious about how SMF worked, so we tried a lot of funny things that wrecked the forums.  Since we could delete and create a new forum in less time than it took to restore one to a functional state, we just kept scrapping them.  There are probably half a dozen or so still littering the internet.  They were great learning tools, though.  By the time we acquired this one, we were pretty much ready to go.

Gaston

Hmm, evidently there was a pm or two residing on the user account there. In my defence Assy got unbanned on WWGHA (and banned again for a day or so) but other than that the stink stank didn't seem to have much action going on. Let's call it a draw then ;)

Thanks Cmarie btw!

Son of Man

Quote from: cmarie on August 21, 2008, 02:55:39 PM
No I was unaware of Stink Stank, but that is awesome. LOL.

All of that hard work has paid off imo. Good job to everyone who was involved in the making of this forum.
:)

Things were a lot less polished at the test forums.  This is what the banner looked liked.  Assy and I also tried quite a few very ugly color schemes for the forums that we thought looked great.  Dkit straightened us out, though.

And, yes, all the people who helped out, and who are helping out now, deserve a round of applause.  : )

Assyriankey

Quote from: Gaston on August 21, 2008, 03:14:54 PM
Hmm, evidently there was a pm or two residing on the user account there. In my defence Assy got unbanned on WWGHA (and banned again for a day or so) but other than that the stink stank didn't seem to have much action going on. Let's call it a draw then ;)

In you face with a can of mace - even my ass.  But I digress.

Gaston, thanks once again for joining, and for helping balance the male:female member ratio!
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Goldie

Quote from: Gaston on August 21, 2008, 02:06:29 PM
Goldie: Hey! Is that Goldie as in a girls name? If it is, that would mean you are a girl (or simulating to be one), and thus there are more girls on this board than most boards if my count is correct. That is something to respect!

Just a small correction here. It's Goldie as in a WOMAN's name.. and I'm not simulating nothing.. I'm ALL woman, honey, all woman. !!  ||grin||

Nice to meet ya..  ||thumbs||

Son of Man

Quote from: Gaston on August 21, 2008, 02:06:29 PM

Until a few days back we had a 1.1:1 male to female ratio.  It has since increased to 1.5:1.  Why, God, why???

Assyriankey

Quote from: Goldie on August 21, 2008, 04:10:33 PM
Just a small correction here. It's Goldie as in a WOMAN's name.. and I'm not simulating nothing.. I'm ALL woman, honey, all woman. !!  ||grin||
Goldie, it's a 50/50 bet that Gaston made a typo and meant to say 'stimulating'.  He does this sort of thing a lot, unlike another member who does it all the time - you have been warned  ||busted||

Goldie

Quote from: Son of Man on August 21, 2008, 04:38:04 PM

Until a few days back we had a 1.1:1 male to female ratio.  It has since increased to 1.5:1.  Why, God, why???

Sorry about your luck, SoM..  ||razz||

Gaston

Oh yes, about Nicholas D. I don't think I'll express my opinion of him, but rather a reason for why I wont invite him here personally (the same reason that got Peter_B to stop talking to me, though it didn't hinder him to talk about me :D)

Linky: https://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php?topic=4635.0

After re-reading through it, I know this will sound arrogant but I'm completely honest here, I wish I would have the ability to give me +1 for my last few posts :P

rickymooston

Quote from: Gaston on August 21, 2008, 07:13:11 PM
Oh yes, about Nicholas D. I don't think I'll express my opinion of him, but rather a reason for why I wont invite him here personally (the same reason that got Peter_B to stop talking to me, though it didn't hinder him to talk about me :D)

Linky: https://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php?topic=4635.0

After re-reading through it, I know this will sound arrogant but I'm completely honest here, I wish I would have the ability to give me +1 for my last few posts :P

Yeah, neither of them likes your pseudo-pantheistic view. I read that thread. I almost understand your view point, its a bit different and not easy to understand.  You may find yourself turning into a neo-pagan or taoist in the future, hard to tell.

I think mostly Nic D. is pretty friendly but he is set on his views on some issues. I like discussing artificial intelligence and philosophy with him. I forgot his break down. Somtimes get users confused. (I believe its atheist, pro-nato/united nations, pro-peace keeping, fiscal conservative that is less taxes, some interest in A.I.)

I like Peter B. but annoyed him a bit recently. He's not a bad guy. I try not to pay attension to the political side.

Both users mild compared to some others with strong opinions on stuff.

Gaston

I've definatly encountered worse people than them indeed. Both are smart and well educated. however, IMO they put too much trust in their ability to tell for certain and classifying viewpoints into set brackets. Peter is probably a good guy, but he lost my respect when he turned me into a case study and denied it when I confronted him with it.... both of them are probably quite alright guys, but they aren't really my taste (I thought Peter was, but I realize that I only thought so because he agreed with me on an issue when he first joined WWGHA and I romantized my perception of him based on that.)