News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Hi All

Started by Sita, August 11, 2008, 10:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sita

I?m Sita and I was on wwgha for quite a while but didn?t post much so you may not know me.   I was raised in a very devout Catholic home but have since come to my senses and consider myself an agnostic atheist.   Most of my family, friends and coworkers are all Catholic and believe atheists are evil so it?s difficult to come out to them.  I may not agree with them about their beliefs but they are good people so I end up biting my tongue quite a bit.  It?s nice to come to a place like this where I don?t feel so out of place.
:)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

Happy Evolute

Welcome, Sita!  Thanks for signing up.

+1
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Codswallop

+1 for signing up.

+ a whole lot more when you figure out how to "come out" to friends and family and have them realize you're not a fire-breathing monster. You'll be able to write a book!

cmarie

Hello Sita, glad to see you. I remember you. :)

Welcome!
The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Sita

Quote from: cmarie on August 12, 2008, 12:32:21 AM
Hello Sita, glad to see you. I remember you. :)

Welcome!

Glad to see someone remembered me.  :)

Son of Man

Thanks for joining, Sita.  I remember you, too.  I told you not to slouch in your pictures.   : )

+1 for signing up.
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Doubting Thomas

Sometimes I tell people who I have a hard time breaking it to them, that I am a non-believer I tell them, "I believe we are in the dream of a sleeping God, who has disguised himself as my dog, and you got to see this dog to know what I am talking about."  And really, so what if I want to believe that, you can't disprove it, and if that makes me happy then why not believe it?

catwixen

Hi Sita...good to see you again. :) I remember a very nice PM you sent me at ATT.
+1 for joining.
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Sita

Quote from: Son of Man on August 12, 2008, 01:03:45 AM
Thanks for joining, Sita.  I remember you, too.  I told you not to slouch in your pictures.   : )

Good advice but it's a hard habit to break  :)

Doubting Thomas

Oh I forgot to say hi by the way, in the first post of mine I was merely thinking of a silly way to give you an out on those catholics, they want to believe something that can't be proven, I think you can too.

See you around. :)

Sita

Quote from: catwixen on August 12, 2008, 06:23:32 AM
Hi Sita...good to see you again. :) I remember a very nice PM you sent me at ATT.

I remember too, I hope things are going well these days.  :)

Hi back to you DT and thanks all for the welcome.  :)