News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Hello all

Started by Goldie, August 19, 2008, 05:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Codswallop

Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 20, 2008, 10:09:06 PM
Quote from: Traveler on August 20, 2008, 09:53:27 PM
I've already reported one of the admins to the mods for calling gays fags.

https://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1833162#post1833162

Welcome to TOL!

Does this mean gays are not fags? Does it mean the admins are gay? I'm so confused.

Traveler

Well. Isn't that special. So much for the loving christians, eh?

In my neck of the woods, calling someone a fag is considered extremely derogatory. Guess I grew up in a kinder, gentler place. And they want us to treat them gently when they come into our turf? So much for my trying to respect that place.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

catwixen

Keep them on their toes Traveler...fag is not an acceptable word, unless it comes from one gay to another. ;)
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

catwixen

Quote from: Goldie on August 20, 2008, 10:50:39 AM
Why, yes it is! ;) I'm a big Brit com fan. My avatar is from Are You Being Served?

British humour is so wonderful, the stuff I loved was more in the late 70's early 80's....Kenny Everett, The Goodies etc. But AYBS is a classic, if you can stand the innuendo. :-/

Son of Man

Quote from: catwixen on August 21, 2008, 05:52:19 AM
Keep them on their toes Traveler...fag is not an acceptable word, unless it comes from one gay to another. ;)

I think it has more to do with the relationship between the person saying it and the gay person.  I knew a straight Muslim guy, who was very liberal and accepting of others, and his friend was gay.  He used to shake his head at him all the time and affectionately say, "You fvuckin faggot...".  I swear, the two were buds. 

"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

catwixen

^ yeah that is true too. You have to be in the inner circle to be able to do that, ie trusted.

Traveler

Yes, agreed. It's like African Americans using the "n" word. I wouldn't dare use it, but it's used in slang, amongst themselves, in certain circles. Back to the point, to use that word on a christian board seems, well, un-christian, in the sense of christian that they seem to want us to believe. In my opinion, to speak like that, and then to mock someone who objects, is to show their intolerance, their prejudice, and their ignorance. Quite frankly, from what I've seen over there, I'll end up leaving, rather than waiting for them to ban me. :\
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

catwixen

It absolutely does show their prejudice. Once they have used language like that, I do not see how they can call themselves christians.

Son of Man

Quote from: Traveler on August 21, 2008, 06:37:25 AM
Yes, agreed. It's like African Americans using the "n" word. I wouldn't dare use it, but it's used in slang, amongst themselves, in certain circles. Back to the point, to use that word on a christian board seems, well, un-christian, in the sense of christian that they seem to want us to believe. In my opinion, to speak like that, and then to mock someone who objects, is to show their intolerance, their prejudice, and their ignorance. Quite frankly, from what I've seen over there, I'll end up leaving, rather than waiting for them to ban me. :\

Remember to get a screenshot of your ban notice.  They're kind of like souvenirs.  : )

You can make a screenshot by viewing the ban notice, and pressing the PrintScr button located near the scroll lock and pause/break buttons.  Then just paste the image into an image editor (ctrl-V).
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Traveler

Thanks for the tip, SoM. ;)

Erus Raphanus

Tell me Traveler, have you come across a gent on TOL named 'Just Tom' yet? What a treat you have in store for you...
- We need to make a reality check here. Roll a d20! -
- And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does

Goldie

Oh my goodness, Erus.. you just had to bring up Just Tom. If you do find Just Tom on TOL, please, please, please don't judge all christians by Just Tom.  ||shocked||

red77

Quote from: Town Heretic on August 20, 2008, 04:44:03 PM
Hello fellow newb...good to see you intend on actually posting more than once per holiday (and yes, yes I am mocking you)...you'll just have to imagine the corresponding smiley.

The whole antismilitism vibe is a touch disturbing, but I suppose we can adjust to life among the antismilites if we must, no? Too bad though, opens another vista of creative possibility when applied  properly.

I won't pretend to not know who you are (or tell either, for that matter) but your presence here is reason enough for me to feel a certain level of comfort even knowing that red is about the place (imagines a chuckling smiley--then sighs--imagines a sighing smiley and chuckles...half an hour of this goes by).

Has anyone invited zoo? I don't know if we could coexist without :Plain: but it might be worth a try.

I did invite zoo via PM on TOL, hopefully he'll wander across at some point soon, for some reason I'm still not banned from TOL, should I go and call LH and Door a couple of 'mental midgets'? reckon that would do it? ;)
"Either this fence goes or I do..."

Red77 on outside deathbed

red77

Quote from: Goldie on August 20, 2008, 05:42:56 PM
Quote from: Town Heretic on August 20, 2008, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 20, 2008, 05:17:06 PM
She gave me some positive rep.  I nearly fell over.
She's one of the better mods there. Though, like Goldie, she can get irritable for no apparent reason from time to time.

For those who don't know her, Goldie is another of the "good sort" found elsewhere--even when caught hanging with the "cool kids" she never ducked her head or refused to acknowledge a nod from one of the suspicious characters at a distance. She's a fair and foul weather friend, a generous and caring person and (that nasty Human Resources problem behind her) a devoted and loving parent.

She's also an astronaut...okay, so maybe she isn't an astronaut, but I'd bet she could be if she put her mind to it.

You know, I'm not even sure how to respond to this. ;) .. other than to say I'm not an astronaut as I gave up wearing diapers years ago.. :chuckle:

Where did you get that I become irritable for no apparent reason? I have NO idea what you mean.. ;)

Oh hey, who ya kidding Goldie?! Have you forgotton that time you called me the scum of the earth for admitting to not liking peanut butter?

Or was that Door....?

||grin||

Goldie

Quote from: red77 on August 21, 2008, 04:40:20 PM

Oh hey, who ya kidding Goldie?! Have you forgotton that time you called me the scum of the earth for admitting to not liking peanut butter?

Or was that Door....?

||grin||

Pfffftttt.. Red.. you're not telling the whole story!  ||argue|| ..  ||razz||.. If it would have been Door, then he would have called you something far worse than scum..  ||grin||

And RE: your previous comment, I can think of a few things you could say to Door or LH to get yourself a permaban, but that wouldn't be ladylike ||peach|| of me and I wouldn't want you to loose respect for me..  ||Kris||

red77

Quote from: Goldie on August 21, 2008, 04:47:59 PM
Quote from: red77 on August 21, 2008, 04:40:20 PM

Or was that Door....?

||grin||

Pfffftttt.. Red.. you're not telling the whole story!  ||argue|| ..  ||razz||.. If it would have been Door, then he would have called you something far worse than scum..  ||grin||

And RE: your previous comment, I can think of a few things you could say to Door or LH to get yourself a permaban, but that wouldn't be ladylike ||peach|| of me and I wouldn't want you to loose respect for me..  ||Kris||

This is true, being called scum by Door would be the equivalent of being called something complimentary by anyone else... ||grin||

Heaven forbid that you say something unladylike Goldie! leave that to me! As i'm not a lady that should be pretty easy  ||llama||

Traveler

Quote from: Erus Raphanus on August 21, 2008, 12:40:15 PM
Tell me Traveler, have you come across a gent on TOL named 'Just Tom' yet? What a treat you have in store for you...

Not that I can recall. But I must confess that there are entire threads over there where I've just run screaming from the room without staying long enough to read it. The intolerance is sometimes frightening.

red77

Quote from: Codswallop on August 21, 2008, 04:30:25 AM
Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 20, 2008, 10:09:06 PM
Quote from: Traveler on August 20, 2008, 09:53:27 PM
I've already reported one of the admins to the mods for calling gays fags.

https://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1833162#post1833162

Welcome to TOL!

||grin||

Does this mean gays are not fags? Does it mean the admins are gay? I'm so confused.

Ya know, it's funny how many people confuse gay people with cigarettes nowadays......

||grin||

red77

Quote from: Traveler on August 21, 2008, 05:21:42 PM
Quote from: Erus Raphanus on August 21, 2008, 12:40:15 PM

Not that I can recall. But I must confess that there are entire threads over there where I've just run screaming from the room without staying long enough to read it. The intolerance is sometimes frightening.

You'd know about it if you had encountered him, he is easily the most deluded off the wall peanut brained looney tune you would ever meet, and considering some of the competition on TOL thats no mean feat to "achieve", if there's a walking advert for mental help then that would be the phenomenon that is Just Tom......

Goldie