News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

I want my account deleted

Started by morningdew, November 21, 2008, 01:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morningdew

||cheesy||

morningdew

||cheesy||

rickymooston

Quote from: morningdew on November 21, 2008, 01:04:51 PM
So how do I get that done?

What happened?  For the record, if you ask the moderator, I think they will do something.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

morningdew

||cheesy||

seka

Quote from: morningdew on November 21, 2008, 01:54:53 PM
I hope so. Not fair to keep a person here agaisnt their will.

?

Who is keeping you here against your will? All you have to do is log out and never log in again, and you'd never have to post here again. That said, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that you have to leave. There were several of your posts that I really liked, and I was hoping to learn more from you about your faith.

And Ricky, mods don't have the power to delete accounts.

Fit2BThaied

If they delete your account, maybe someone can come back on and use your name and impersonate you wrongly.  It is easier to just leave and let it be.
I am often wrong, but not always.

rickymooston

Quote from: seka on November 21, 2008, 02:00:34 PM
There were several of your posts that I really liked.

Me too.

She rubbed out her posts but apparently the problem was somebody called Mohammed a jerk and somebody else
dismissed her request to be "be nice" saying that muslims need thicker skins. (Probably true but what are our aims.)

Brings up an interesting point.

Do statements like "Jesus is stupid" add any value to the discussion here?  I mean, I don't know.
People have to be able to disagree with what Jesus or mohammed said but I don't know that
such statements are really constructive.

The person was in fact saying "Mohammed is a jerk" because of his perception (rightly/wrongly) of
mohammed's treatement of women (the veil in this case).

For the record, MorningDew could have just put the offender on ignore.
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

sky

morning, don't forget to delete anything you want deleted in your posts, because if they deactivate your account then you can't modify anything. Make sure your e-mail address is not visible to the forum if that's what you want and make sure your not receiving any topics in your e-mail because you can't change that either and if they keep coming it gets pretty annoying.

If they say they won't deactivate it for you, you could always create some sock puppet accounts and by their own rules they would have to block your IP address. Then you would be free...Good luck it's a power trip for them if they won't de-activate.

My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

morningdew

||cheesy||

morningdew

||cheesy||

rickymooston

Quote from: morningdew on November 21, 2008, 04:02:47 PM
Let us start with hijab. Which the first time I was exposed to hijab was in biology highschool class. I laughted with the rest. It sure did look quite silly to me.

That's interesting. I wholeheartedly disagree with islam is lots of ways but I got used to the hijab; many of the girls in school were my friends. You get used to it as another expression of faith like cross.

I was exposed to it in biology class too; a nice girl named Hedda from Malaysian descent was in my class in grade 7.

Well, the silliness disappeared when I was in a state of terror of the hell fire. I will wear it. No problem.

Don't believe the command is so clear that hell fire is a concern; some people argue that only Mohammed's wives were asked to wear it? Was command quoted as being a hell sin; lots of muslim women do NOT wear it, including some believers.

I do not understand Arabic. And the argument is the Quran  does/does not say to wear Hijab.  Who am I to say seeing that I do not understand Arabic.

reliable translations of the koran are supposed to exist. What does the one from Youssef say?
For the sake of argument, we all can use some intelligence and know that to beat a woman for showing her hair, hands or face is definitely cruel.

Not sure what intelligence is involved but in most cultures, beating up a woman is considered the act of a coward.

And for the Muslim women to wear hijab to keep peace among her family, marriage, or community to be looked upon by non Muslims and treated coldly is also cruel.

I think most people get used to it but its impossoible to say that about full veil, let alone the Burka.

We are here on this earth to be tested. Does not matter what you believe. Even if you do not believe in God. You are still being tested to see who is and is not good by the laws of god.  And any woman who is protecting her marriage, community, or religion is doing a good deed towards god and he will definitely reward her for that.

Fair enough.

Now you people who want to debase thiswoman as treated unequal only want trouble for the Muslim people. you only want to take her religion from her.

Can't speak for others.

For myself, it DEPENDS.

Is she wearing it to express her DEVOTION or is she wearing it because some coward will throw acid on her face.  In the former case, I respect her display of devotion as a personal choice and in the later case I have objections.
Go ahead you so called christian people. tell me that anyone who suffers a bit for the sake of God will not be rewarded.  Do you know this or do you not.

Fair enough, except some atheists here too

or do you want to threaten us with the only way to go to heaven is a simple belief. a belief that Jesus is the son of god and if i do not believe this and give Jesus all the respect above all others i am hell bound!

Wherein lies the threat?  The woman has a CHOICE to wear hajib or not, we have a CHOICE to agree with it or not.

In my case, I consider the rational that MEN choose to justify it "wrong"; the woman is responsible for the thoughts of men. Her hair is sexy (for the record, I freely recommend hair can make me lust an attractive female) and so she is responsible for MY bad thoughts? WOMEN sometimes justify the hajib in that they feel LESS LIKE SEX OBJECTS and I can respect that. I don't think i can ever respect a Burka as anything more than insane but well there you go.

Sikhs wear "funny" hats too, so do some jews

Bull Crap!

[/quote]

morningdew

||cheesy||

morningdew

||cheesy||

rickymooston

Quote from: morningdew on November 21, 2008, 04:19:41 PM
QuoteCHOICE to agree with it or not
looks like what is happening is not an islamic revolution among muslims but a muslim society demanding respect.

I am not sure.

All I can tell you, is when a muslim woman wears a hijab here in Canada, it means something to me because generally speaking that was here choice. In Saudi Arabia or Iran, it does not mean anything at all. I perceive it as self defense.

I will always consider men who impose themselves violently on women cowards worthy of contempt.

rickymooston

Quote from: morningdew on November 21, 2008, 04:29:19 PM
When i was in my own home town surrounded by christians and family i was made to take off my hijab.

That's disgusting.

I would STRONGLY object to you being treated in this way.

For the record, I suspect, your constitutional rights were violated. That would make me mad.

For the record, there was a 12 year old girl, not allowed to play soccer in Canada during a tournament. HER ENTIRE TEAM QUIT THE TOURNAMENT IN SUPPORT OF HER.

This is NOT because they agree with the Muslim hajib rule but because they agree with HER RIGHT TO CHOOSE and because they supported her.

morningdew

||cheesy||

Jesusfreak777

Morning Dew,

I had said that I was leaving the forum, but considering that I had asked you to help me understand the muslim faith, I thought that it would be rude for me to ignore you trying to do so.  So I will try to discuss this with you.

QuoteLet us start with hijab. Which the first time I was exposed to hijab was in biology highschool class. I laughted with the rest. It sure did look quite silly to me.

Well, the silliness disappeared when I was in a state of terror of the hell fire. I will wear it. No problem.

I do not understand Arabic. And the argument is the Quran  does/does not say to wear Hijab.  Who am I to say seeing that I do not understand Arabic.

I have always seen the typical dress of a muslim woman that she wears out in public, which I am assuming is the hijab is just an expression of thier faith.   Please forgive me if I got this wrong, I really know very little about the muslims or the words that they use.  If I am wrong about something please correct my misunderstanding.  There are many things about Christianity that I don't fully understand the reason for.  Whom am I to tell you that dressing that way is wrong?

QuoteFor the sake of argument, we all can use some intelligence and know that to beat a woman for showing her hair, hands or face is definitely cruel.

And for the Muslim women to wear hijab to keep peace among her family, marriage, or community to be looked upon by non Muslims and treated coldly is also cruel.

I agree with both of those statements.  I do not have a problem with a woman wearing the hijab.

QuoteWe are here on this earth to be tested. Does not matter what you believe. Even if you do not believe in God. You are still being tested to see who is and is not good by the laws of god.  And any woman who is protecting her marriage, community, or religion is doing a good deed towards god and he will definitely reward her for that.

Now you people who want to debase thiswoman as treated unequal only want trouble for the Muslim people. you only want to take her religion from her.

I can see where you believe that we are on this earth to be tested, and I agree with you to a certain extent.  I personally believe that it does matter what you believe.  I believe this is true for both Christians and Muslims.   I definitly believe that God is a God that rewards us.  Morning Dew, I don't want trouble for the Muslim people, and I definitly don't want to take her religion away from her.  It would help our discussions if you either direct your comments to either me personally as a Christian, or say that some Christians want to do this or do that.  Not all Christians are the same.  We all don't believe the same way.   In your experience if you were mistreated by some Christians, then I appologize for that, but we are not all the same as the ones that mistreated you.  Can we atleast agree that not all Christians are the same just as not all Muslims are the same?

QuoteGo ahead you so called christian people. tell me that anyone who suffers a bit for the sake of God will not be rewarded.  Do you know this or do you not.

I do believe that God will reward those who suffer for his sake.  God is a good God.  

Quoteor do you want to threaten us with the only way to go to heaven is a simple belief. a belief that Jesus is the son of god and if i do not believe this and give Jesus all the respect above all others i am hell bound!

Do I personally belief that Jesus is the son of God?  Yes I do.  Do I believe that Jesus is the only way to Heaven, again Yes I do.  If I didn't, then I wouldn't be a Christian.  Would I ever threaten you with this?  No, I would not.  There are alot of people that would, and they call themselves Christian, but they are not Christian in my opinion.  And that is fine, because I am sure that there are alot of 'Christians' out there that don't think that I am a Christian.  I was once called a 'Son of Hell' one time because I stood up to a group of 'Christians' that was protesting outside a gay bar.  Can some Christians spew their 'venom' with the best of them?  Absolutly, I have felt that venom myself.  But that doesn't mean that I am going to give up my beliefs, anymore than you would give up your beliefs because a muslim did something that you didn't agree with.

QuoteBull Crap!

I am trying very hard to keep this discussion respectful.  Can you meet me halfway?

Jesusfreak777

morningdew

||cheesy||

morningdew

||cheesy||

morningdew

||cheesy||

Cycle4Fun

Morningdew, I sense a lot of hatred coming from you.  If you want to leave, just change your settings so that you do not receive emails.  Then never visit the site again.

Jesusfreak777

Morning Dew,

I am confused?  Are your posts directed toward me or another person?  I am very confused.  I didn't mention anything about your husband.  

QuoteI don't understand why you cannot see that what people do and what the religion truly is.  All I see is you want me so damn in trouble that i need you do badly that i give up Islam.

And I see this in each and every christian I come across.  You refuse to leave me alone in peace.

You are all one from the other and bottom line you all have the same idea in the back of your heart. to destroy Islam.

Was this directed towards me or to someone else?

QuoteI feel like I met you even more than halfway.  I know I have.

QuoteAnd I see this in each and every christian I come across.  You refuse to leave me alone in peace.

You are all one from the other and bottom line you all have the same idea in the back of your heart. to destroy Islam.

Morning Dew, I asked you in a PM if you would like to discuss the tenants of your faith?  You agreed to do it on the public forum.  How am I refusing to leave you alone in peace?  If you don't want to talk about this, just let me know and I will drop the discussion.  I am not trying to make you mad or harass you in any way?  If I said something that upset you, could you please let me know what it was.  I tried very hard to be respectful to you.

Do I believe Christianity is correct?  Yes I do.  Just as you believe your religion is correct.  I would not expect you to deny your faith just because we were discussion Christianity, and I hope you don't expect me to deny mine for us to discuss yours.  Because if that is your requirement then I will have to excuse myself from the discussion.

Morning Dew, please tell me if I am the one that upset you, and if I did, what did I say to upset you so much?

Jesusfreak777

rickymooston

Quote from: morningdew on November 21, 2008, 04:40:46 PM
Maybe that is what they wanted. To have muslims throw acid in my face.  To make their point.

Probably!

I am still acid free.  And I now live among the muslims again.  So now what?

I don't know what they wanted.

It sounds like they were harassing you and breaking the law.

They are as bad as the "acid throwers" in INTENT; i.e., to force you one way or the other. I have no clue how they forced you?

There are MANY women wearing hajibs in my work place. They are RESPECTED.

My work place has a PRAYER room.  Its not exclusive to Muslims but we live and let live.

I don't pretend to understand the hajib per se but I respect the right of a woman to choose to wear it.  If i had a daughter, I'd want her not to wear one and be perceived as being free.

For the record, I'm atheist or very nearly one.  I don't want to "destroy Islam" but I have issues with RADICAL islam. I know TONS of Muslims who FREELY wear the hajib (or not) and they are respected.

kevin

Just some context . . .

I'm a Christian. Women wearing religious head coverings in my meeting are not uncommon. Head coverings have never been restricted to Islam. We don't get flak for it.

anytime an atheist says that somebody else is wrong, or has some sort of inferior way of looking at the world, its reasonable to ask on what basis they are making that judgement. if they have no answer, you can disregard what they say -- tom terrific

morningdew

||cheesy||

Noumenon

Hi morningdew, non-theist here.

I would like to ask you to stay and post.  I appreciate view points from all perspectives.
[think something witty is typed here]

morningdew

||cheesy||

seka

Quote from: sky on November 21, 2008, 02:11:28 PM
morning, don't forget to delete anything you want deleted in your posts, because if they deactivate your account then you can't modify anything. Make sure your e-mail address is not visible to the forum if that's what you want and make sure your not receiving any topics in your e-mail because you can't change that either and if they keep coming it gets pretty annoying.

If they say they won't deactivate it for you, you could always create some sock puppet accounts and by their own rules they would have to block your IP address. Then you would be free...Good luck it's a power trip for them if they won't de-activate.

You've been acting rather strangely over the past few days. Everything okay with you?

Vynn

If someone wants their account deleted, it should be deleted, imo.
Signature deleted by mods

jetson

I think it's very odd to bother with a new post - why not just email the admins and be gone?  I have left forums that did not interest me before, no biggie.

Please stop posting here, it is pointless.
WWJD?  Well, for one thing, he might freak out and flip some tables.